Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Meet Hotaru! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:33 pm
This is my newest rescue, Hotaru. He's a black and white marble delta. He's missing a large chunk of his tail. I will be putting him up for adoption on an other forum when he's ready smile

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

And his home, for now. He'll be getting daily water changes, with Prime, Tetra AquaSafe/Stress Coat, and Kordon Fish Protector. Its a 1/2 gallon. I spruced it up with a bit of left over background from my 10 gallon smile

User Image

**Note: I do not condone the long term keeping Bettas in less than 3 gallons. I am well experienced, and know how to properly up-keep a small amount of water.**  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:11 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

He's very beautiful! 3nodding

Just curious, where'd you get him from? Is rescuing a continual thing or do you just do it when you see fish that need to be rescued? Very admirable work!

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:12 pm
PetSmart. They generally have healthy cup-babies, but some times they there too long, and develop stuff like this.

Thank you ^///^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:05 pm
I just realized I didn't answer your whole question! Its something I do when there is a need.  

Akari_32

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:56 am
is he a double tail? its hard to see becasue his fins are so see through. and my god he is pretty  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:18 am
Shanna66
is he a double tail? its hard to see becasue his fins are so see through. and my god he is pretty

No, he's a delta. He was marked as halfoom, but I have never seen an actual halfmoon at PetSmart LOL He's missing a large portion of his tail due to some sort of injury.  

Akari_32

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:32 am
Akari_32
Shanna66

No, he's a delta. He was marked as halfoom, but I have never seen an actual halfmoon at PetSmart LOL He's missing a large portion of his tail due to some sort of injury.

poor thing  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:12 pm
How cute is he?! Awwww!  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:52 pm
Kipluck
How cute is he?! Awwww!

I know, right!?? heart

I have more pics, too blaugh

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:29 am
i cant get over how pretty he is  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Akari_32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:39 am
Thank you!

Theres a chance I might be keeping him biggrin

I'm going home next week, and my mom has another betta of mine, in an Eclipse System 3 (most expensive 3 gallon tank ever @.@ Thankfully, my uncle gave it to me LOL), and when I upgraded my 20 long to a 29 gallon (same footprint, just a bunch taller), I put the 20 long away, where I wouldn't see it and set up again.

Anyway, I'm hoping that mom'll let me set the 20 long up for her, and I can divide it and let Katsu Kaida (the betta she has), and Hotaru take over it. I'll plant it all up, make it look all pretty, and it it'll be a nice low-maintanence tank for her to enjoy, and I get to keep Hotaru all for my self (but he'll live 10 hours away....).

I hope she goes for it. The 3 gallon is giving her algae trouble, and she had to go out and buy a toothbrush so she could scrub it off every day LOL With the 20 long, if she has that bad of an algae problem, I'll get her 6 Ottos, or a couple Nerite Snails.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:22 pm
Akari_32
Thank you!

Theres a chance I might be keeping him biggrin

I'm going home next week, and my mom has another betta of mine, in an Eclipse System 3 (most expensive 3 gallon tank ever @.@ Thankfully, my uncle gave it to me LOL), and when I upgraded my 20 long to a 29 gallon (same footprint, just a bunch taller), I put the 20 long away, where I wouldn't see it and set up again.

Anyway, I'm hoping that mom'll let me set the 20 long up for her, and I can divide it and let Katsu Kaida (the betta she has), and Hotaru take over it. I'll plant it all up, make it look all pretty, and it it'll be a nice low-maintanence tank for her to enjoy, and I get to keep Hotaru all for my self (but he'll live 10 hours away....).

I hope she goes for it. The 3 gallon is giving her algae trouble, and she had to go out and buy a toothbrush so she could scrub it off every day LOL With the 20 long, if she has that bad of an algae problem, I'll get her 6 Ottos, or a couple Nerite Snails.
That Eclipse, is it this one? That is the one I JUST bought and am still working on! I plan to take Bella Noel (my female betta) and Kuhli Loach, Dune, out of their 2 gallon tank and give that to Sushi. Then I am going to plant the heck out of the 3 gallon to keep down the current (and just for funsies since everybody's been getting me all psyched for a live planted tank again) and put Bella and Dune in there. In the future I will do a 10 gallon of Killis, or, as I like to call them "mini-bettas" xd  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:22 am
Kipluck
That Eclipse, is it this one? That is the one I JUST bought and am still working on! I plan to take Bella Noel (my female betta) and Kuhli Loach, Dune, out of their 2 gallon tank and give that to Sushi. Then I am going to plant the heck out of the 3 gallon to keep down the current (and just for funsies since everybody's been getting me all psyched for a live planted tank again) and put Bella and Dune in there. In the future I will do a 10 gallon of Killis, or, as I like to call them "mini-bettas" xd

Yep, thats it smile

Its a nice tank, but for the price you could get something bigger LOL

Planted tanks are so fun! Be aware that they stopped selling the light bulbs that are specifically for this tank. You'll have to look at the bulb it came with, and see what type it is (T-something and inches), get creative when you need a new bulb. I always get my bulbs for my bigger tanks at Lowes or WalMart. You can but a T9 bulb for a 20 long hood at Lowes for $6 compared to $15-20 for the same thing at the pet store!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:46 pm
Akari_32
Kipluck

Yep, thats it smile

Planted tanks are so fun! Be aware that they stopped selling the light bulbs that are specifically for this tank. You'll have to look at the bulb it came with, and see what type it is (T-something and inches), get creative when you need a new bulb. I always get my bulbs for my bigger tanks at Lowes or WalMart. You can but a T9 bulb for a 20 long hood at Lowes for $6 compared to $15-20 for the same thing at the pet store!
Good to know. I can often find the right bulb in a hardware store... I am not afraid to ask people to help me track it down either. That is good to know.

This weekend I went to Petco to replace the filter (not the machine... the little carbon pouch thing) in Tortuga's tank. I did a full water replacement, Scrubbed her little decorative surf boards, and cleaned out the filter, then ran to the store to replace the carbon part. Well, they don't carry it anymore. They carry the pump, but not replacement filters? What the heck?! So I ended up making my own. rolleyes  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:03 pm
Kipluck
Akari_32
Kipluck

Yep, thats it smile

Good to know. I can often find the right bulb in a hardware store... I am not afraid to ask people to help me track it down either. That is good to know.

This weekend I went to Petco to replace the filter (not the machine... the little carbon pouch thing) in Tortuga's tank. I did a full water replacement, Scrubbed her little decorative surf boards, and cleaned out the filter, then ran to the store to replace the carbon part. Well, they don't carry it anymore. They carry the pump, but not replacement filters? What the heck?! So I ended up making my own. rolleyes

I always just buy the AquaClear filter sponges and cut them to size. Much cheaper than carbon inserts, and they don't need to be replaced, just rinsed out as needed.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff