What can I do for mice with tumors?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

imabadspeler

Magnetic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:25 am
Ok so recently two of my girl mice sprung up with tumors one of them has one that is quite large. She still walks around just fine I was just wondering if there is anything special I should be doing for them.

I would take them to the vet however I really don't see the chances of them getting better even with vet care. I took one of my mice with a similar lump and they charged me a tonnn for meds and vet bills and then He just ended up passing away ): I mean I don't regret it I just feel like taking them to the vet won't really do anything to help them. Plus I have medication they gave me from the previous mouse.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:26 pm
Best thing to do is make sure they've got easy access to plenty of food and water, no climbing or anything to get to either. And then monitor. If you can get a gram scale and weigh them daily. Make sure that they look good. Clean neat fur, bright eyes, easy breathing. As long as they've got all of the above and can still move around then you're good. If they start having trouble moving around and don't meet all three of the above you need to start thinking about euthanasia. Mice can live quite nice happy lives with tumors as long as they are still mobile, still grooming, still active and still breathing easily.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces