Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Temporary house guests

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Animelover955

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:41 am
Well guess what?!?! It's a dream come true!

I might get some ratties for a week! My friend(the one I do agility with) is going out of town and one of her brothers rats had babies(she was most likely pregnant when they got her) and their going out of town and need someone to watch them. So basically we devised a plan that I would watch them and hopefully change the mind of my parents so that I could in fact get my own pair of rats.

So granted my mom lets me I'll be rat sitting for a week! So looking forward to it  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:30 pm
oohhh good luck!!! hopefully the babies aren't old enough to all get prego!!!!  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Animelover955

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:53 pm
Babies are exactly a week old today. They were born last Monday while we were at agility. I got a message that night saying she got home and there were babies.

And I got the ok from my parents to rat sit. I was truly shocked. So might be coming home after agility tonight with a cage of rats. I still need to work out details but they're leaving Wednesday and tonight might be the easiest way for me to get them because we live like 2 hours away from each other and they're driving in the opposite direction for their Christmas break

So hopefully after a week of hanging with some rats they'll be win over and if they are I was offered a pair of the babies depending on how many survive(thy plan to keep at least 2)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:32 pm
Animelover955
Babies are exactly a week old today. They were born last Monday while we were at agility. I got a message that night saying she got home and there were babies.

And I got the ok from my parents to rat sit. I was truly shocked. So might be coming home after agility tonight with a cage of rats. I still need to work out details but they're leaving Wednesday and tonight might be the easiest way for me to get them because we live like 2 hours away from each other and they're driving in the opposite direction for their Christmas break

So hopefully after a week of hanging with some rats they'll be win over and if they are I was offered a pair of the babies depending on how many survive(thy plan to keep at least 2)
oohh cool smile good luck!!! they will win your heart xD  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Animelover955

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:59 am
looks like I won't be watching them sad none of the babies survived so looks like they'll just be staying at home with the neighbors caring for them. but I still may be watching them sometime in the future  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 pm
Animelover955
looks like I won't be watching them sad none of the babies survived so looks like they'll just be staying at home with the neighbors caring for them. but I still may be watching them sometime in the future
awe that is too bad sad I had that happen, its sad, but at least the mother(s) are good, make sure that they keep an eye out for signs if mycoplasma (sneezing, wheezing, poryphorin ect) because stress can cause it to be active, and unfortunately I lost my rat when I bred her, due to the stress causing myco, then causing pneumonia.  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items