Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Grind's your gears Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:33 pm
Yeah, ripping this idea off from another guild I am in.

Basically this is a thread where you can come in and post anything that's annoying you or bothers you. Rant away. Could be big things or little things.

For me.. I just got a whiff of what smells like popcorn though I know none's cooking.. which reminds me that the other day boything and I went to the movies, got popcorn and brought it home 'cause we didn't finish it. I went to work and got home and he'd thrown it away.

Thou shalt not waste popcorn!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:51 pm
Don't feel about about stealing it from another guild - they done stole it from the Family Guy. We're all plagiarists! =]

I don't like people that are judgmental about alcohol, 4:20 and other things from that scene. It kind of kills the fun when you have to talk to people when you're under and they just make you feel bad. Ruins the ride.

Or when people don't try. That's aggravating too. You've got to give everything the good ol' college try. If not, then why even bother being there?  

Runkle

Genius

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:52 pm
Runkle
Don't feel about about stealing it from another guild - they done stole it from the Family Guy.

How did I not know this... o.o;;

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:02 pm
What grinds my gears? Perfect thread. So today I found out that someone stole a picture I made for an art trade and posted on a site for bashing (supposed be for terrible OCs but they bash everything). What's worse, they never even said what was wrong with it or gave constructive criticism. I know my art isn't the best, I clearly state that I am an amateur and learning on my own, but it isn't right to steal, re-upload in and have people bash for no good reason. Why are people such assholes at times? evil  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

silver-vixen-babydoll

Ruthless Regular

21,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:18 pm
you wanna know why people are a-holes? It's cause they feel so badly about themselves the only way to cheer themselves up is to hurt other peoples feelings.....

What grinds my gears? Well when someone tries really hard to go out of their way to help others and in exchange they get glares or nasty comments... what has the world come to when a little old lady crossing the street would rather be hit by a car than accept an honest persons help when its offered?

Just shows what people think of todays teenage society...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:23 pm
People not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're."
People not knowing that you put periods and commas inside quotations.
People not knowing how to use a semi-colon.
People not knowing when or when not to use colons.
People not knowing when to use parentheses or brackets.
People not knowing where to place the ampersand.

I'm a grammar Nazi.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

ee-moo

Distinct Dabbler

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:55 pm
Narrow minded people.
I hate it when people are completely unwilling to open their minds to different things D:  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:37 pm
People who take everything too seriously and blow things out of proportion.

Also, another thread just reminded me of this: People who start a new topic, with a first post that consists solely of a link. Is it really that hard to write a sentence or two?  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

MusicalPoet

Questionable Hellraiser

11,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:12 pm
What grinds my gears? Oh, so many things.
At this current momment: People who are upset that they can't express their opinions, but then they go and bash everyone else's. Really now? Grow up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:32 pm
I despise Hypocrites.
Practice what you preach mad  

nurnse_rolol

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:44 pm
What grinds my gears?

My 'dad', former church, relatives who are very closed minded, transphobes, homophobes, bitchy people at campus....  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:38 am
lgtenos
People not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're."
People not knowing that you put periods and commas inside quotations.
People not knowing how to use a semi-colon.
People not knowing when or when not to use colons.
People not knowing when to use parentheses or brackets.
People not knowing where to place the ampersand.

I'm a grammar Nazi.

Ah, it's so nice to see someone else who thinks that the grammar is still important.

Bureaucracy. Let me rephrase that, SLOW bureaucracy....  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:54 am
People that post some generalized comment on Facebook pretending it applies to everyone when only it applies to a single person.

Example: My cousin posted some bullshit about why can't people be honest and how she's annoyed already.

Clearly someone wasn't honest and that's bothered her, but instead of call them out, she leaves such messages for all to read.

If someone's bothering you, just tell them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:06 am
at the moment people who make jokes bigger than they are . example i was at my workplace(kfc) the other day and i was off the clock didnt even work that night so i decided to joke with a coworker and friend by putting a little window chalk on her car and well i got fired for it i even told her after the fact that i had been willing to clean her car for her but oh well glad i got that out  

darbear94

Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces