Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
A good natured rant for the exsasperated reader Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:14 pm
Okay this is going to start out as a micro rant then steadily spiral out of control as a full on rant. Keeping in mind I have read the infernal devices series and just got to Cassandra Clare’s first series immortal instruments. Reading the first book was went well a page turner just as the clockwork angle books were, but THERE WAS A BLAREING TREND GOING ON THROUGH THE FIRST BOOK!! ..THEN SEEPED INTO THE SECONED BOOK!!
O,o don’t spoiler me on the third and forth book please =_= I mean it …Don’t spoiler it for me.
So Clary and Jace don’t know their brother and sister. Which suddenly leads to a romantic relationship till we find out that they are really brother and sister then it’s just …odd. I can understand the use of a social Taboo in a story arch .It adds valid Tension doesn’t get me wrong drama and tension are good, but I hope they don’t over blow it.
Incest can only go so far, it just makes it really hard to read well the writer hints to it. IT’S LIKE DAMN IT CLARY YOU IDIOT SIMON LIKES YOU ARE YOU FRICKEN BLIND!!! O.O leaves your brother alone …stop thinking about the oddness that was finding out you had more than sibling affections for your brother.
I’m hoping that Jace and Clary’s relationship does not start to become estranged, by the use of the taboo of Incest that would suck. It worked for angel sanctuary …, but for the love of god, I hope that’s not where this writer got the idea. -_- angel sanctuary was hard to read through.
Ugh fan girls make this rant worse for me …because On DA some artist pairs Clary and Jace together and its like WTF!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:59 pm
AHHH ITS JUST LIKE ANGEL SANCTUARY WHY! ******** a duck! really er ..annoying so very annoyed why you gotta be like that!! I am enjoying this series so much ,but here is that blareing trend again! must ,I read angel sanctuary and compair the two mer!

I'm so ticked ,I could kick a puppy! where is my complementry puppy!

*sigh* well atleast the art in angel sanctuary is amazing and this caused me to look at it >.<
User Image  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 pm
User Image  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:12 pm
Well, I am going to be doing a review of both angel sanctuar and imortal devices after finishing this book series. I'm noticing that manga is mentioned alot in these books. So asuming perhaps that the writer has read some of them.

pros
cons
and similarites of both

...o_o but no one is trully active in this guild =_= well atleast not from what ,I can tell . @_@ alot of forums ,but not alot of action. *sigh* I have such an urge to rp this series alas it shall be anon even a private rp would be legit  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:16 pm
O_O just spoilerd myself ....Damn it not so angery now ,but angery about spoilering myself . J'suie ces trie mal  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Well ....I now know that the writer did read angel sanctuary ...she wrote the title in the book next chapter after asuming what ,I had thought  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:01 pm
You're rant confuses and entertains me. I'm glad someone's still writing on this guild. I was hoping activity would spike with the release of CP but nothing. Thank you for breathing life into the guild!! heart  

netherfreak
Captain

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:55 am
netherfreak
You're rant confuses and entertains me. I'm glad someone's still writing on this guild. I was hoping activity would spike with the release of CP but nothing. Thank you for breathing life into the guild!! heart

Yes well ,I diden't think anyone was going to read it. your guild isen't completely dead just stick a top hat on it prop it in the corner its just like its still alive

anyway .....I am going to take clare and push her off a mountin. She was pretty cool in the begining of the series. It was understandable that shes weak because of not being brought up like a shadow hunter

BUT BY BOOK THREE SHE SHOULD ATLEAST BE ABLE TO DO SOMTHING MORE THEN b***h AND COMPLAIN ABOUT HER MUM AND JACE.

@_@ its like watching gone with the wind with scarlet O'hara who just complains about her life through the whole film. I'm afraid to read the play talk about a horror film. =_= I just watched this aclaimed film a few weeks ago because it seemed like a good idea and now those are moments of my life that will not be bought back with a library card.

I am theroly invested however in the imortal devices series. I can put up with clare complaining and being a ditz. So long as some sort of character development goes on with her.

As for stupidity on the claves part IF YOUR GOING TO BE ATTACKED BY DEMONS AND YOU HAVE THE OPTIONS OF MORE FORCES DON"T BE STUPID AND WAIT THE LAST MINUTE NO MATTER HOW PROUDE YOU ARE IT COMES BETWEEN WORKING WITH SOME ONE YOU DON"T LIKE AND OBLIVION YOU"LL CHOSE THE PERSON YOU DON"T LIKE

.....yeah caps lock is doing nothing for me.

o,o Jace is actually shapping up and maturing well clare is like a toddler you have to put a helmet on her so she does not get hurt.

I enjoy simon alot he seems to have his head on straight now well clare .....*sigh*

>.< but Magnus Bane makes all this frustraiting stuff bareable to read.
As for being  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 am
I'm pretty sure , butcherd to series names together oh well  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:06 pm
I agree with you, actually. I stopped reading it for Clary about halfway through the second book and focused on the other characters. Clary's too mary sue for my liking (she's gonna turn the Clave around just because she wasn't raised a shadowhunter? right.... stare ), but everyone else is decent. I understand the tension with the Clave, they're relying on a 16-year-old's plan to save them and it goes against everything they believe in. I'd be skeptical. After reading the fourth book (I won't spoil anything for you because I don't know if you've read it yet), I'm kinda frustrated with MI (and Clare a little bit). Now, I'm more interested in ID than MI. It just seems like it has more thought put into it. I don't see how people can say MI and ID are the same, ID is so much deeper. One thing that will never change, however, is my love for Magnus. GO GAY, SPARKLY WARLOCK!! lol He makes both series better mrgreen

(ps-sorry I've cut in on you're rant space, it's nice to rant with others though so I don't feel as crazy as I really am lol)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 pm
Lawl no don't be sorry please rant. It helps your brain release tention * shrug* kay so don't know if it really releases tention ,but go for it. I thought ,I was the one ranting like a crazed lunitic escaped from bedlem!

there coming to take me away hahahah there coming to take me away hahha heehehe hohoho to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time. And I'll be happy to see the nice me in their clean white coats

Anyways ,I agree ID is well done . The characters are well developed and the plot is superb.

It is now 1:22 am in the morning ,I have finished the third book and will swiftly be moving to the fourth book tomarrow.

....but

CLARE remains my least favorite character thus far. I mean really she fell into the damn lake a seconed time! none of this would happen if she would think about where she's going.

I mean woulden't you tell yourself ." oh right ,I fell into that lake once befor and had to be saved ....maybe ,I should hold my breath and brace for impact. instead of rushing ahead like the teenage drama queen ,I am " * sigh*

Yeah ,I was mad at simon for heading back to the vampires. I still love him though

I have more respect for Jace now much more intrege

As for the 'real' sebastian or the real son ....I miss him ...and he just died. I use the word Died lightly because got a funny feeling. he will be showing up again. Sebastian was good looking ,crazy,demented ,and balanced out clary

...I sqwee alittle everytime magnus pops up >.< support and he has a crazed obsession for glitter ...well not really but he sure uses alot of it.

...I'm not allowed to have glitter due to my colleges GSA boared...I wen't over boared and was accosted by my friend justin...his joke is you leave the straight people alone with glittler and look what happens ...so yeah no glitter for me looked like I murderd a unicorn on the thing.

Yep also ,I've considerd these books my drug addiction for the last ...month and half from how much ,I've read them almost nonstop. NOW THE FIFTH BOOK IS COMING OUT !! I WANT IT NOW !!!

anyways merp getting tired now

SO GLAD THE INSEST SUGGESTING IS OVER...I spoiled my self befor even reading that jace and clary weren't related. I'm mad ...that we had to even go through it.

Riping of angel sanctuary ...which was mentioned in the book.  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:41 pm
i do support the demon blooded son's opinion on the art of angel santuary ...completely true its awsome. look at the pretty pictures !

below is the picture of the twin brother and sister of the series. That are in love with each other and inestually involved with each other. The entire manga you deal with there relastionship and how the brother is cursed for all eternity because he is the reincarnation of lucifer. Doomed to lose the sister he loves so dearly ...really its a good series I recommend it,but now I'm starting to think thats where the now evil son in MI is getting his plans and Ideas from ...after all he was reading the story .
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:43 pm
User ImageUser Image  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:45 pm
I do perfer however god child and grand orchestra guignol by the same writer as angel sanctuary  
Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff