Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Am I the only one who hates New Years? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scarlet Weather Rose

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:55 am
Am I? It just seems pointless to me. For me it has just always been an excuse for people to wake me up in the middle of the night with screaming and gunshots. Kind of like the 4th of July.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:00 am
I agree. The novelty of a new year has worn off on me. It just seems like people's resolutions for peace and stuff never work out. It's quite sad. Plus I hate the fireworks they set off in my neighborhood. I hate loud noises, they really bother me, so when I forget about the fireworks I tend to jump and run for cover under some blankets or something.  

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Scarlet Weather Rose

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:09 am
xX Green Tea Tree Xx
I agree. The novelty of a new year has worn off on me. It just seems like people's resolutions for peace and stuff never work out. It's quite sad. Plus I hate the fireworks they set off in my neighborhood. I hate loud noises, they really bother me, so when I forget about the fireworks I tend to jump and run for cover under some blankets or something.

I feel you. I hate loud noises as well. I wish people had more classy ways of celebrating holidays instead of being obnoxious.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:13 am
Scarlet Weather Rose
xX Green Tea Tree Xx

I feel you. I hate loud noises as well. I wish people had more classy ways of celebrating holidays instead of being obnoxious.

A classy way of celebrating things? You speak of something most people can not wrap their minds around. New Year is great and all, but I don't see why it's such a big deal. Yes, the human species made it through another year without nearly killing everyone on the face of the planet. Huzzah.  

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:14 am
I really don't go in for the 'celebrate the arbitrary changing of numerals with drunk driving en mass, clouds of pollution and terrifying the crap out of my animals'

I do celebrate the lunar new year in the traditional ways, like cleaning house, renewing blessings, visiting shrines and spending time with family heart
Year of the dragon coming soon!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:26 am
kittycross
I really don't go in for the 'celebrate the arbitrary changing of numerals with drunk driving en mass, clouds of pollution and terrifying the crap out of my animals'

I do celebrate the lunar new year in the traditional ways, like cleaning house, renewing blessings, visiting shrines and spending time with family heart
Year of the dragon coming soon!

See that seems more peaceful and productive. Those traditional ways of celebrating sound nice. :3  

Scarlet Weather Rose

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Elapsed Dreams

Distrustful Dog

13,725 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:26 am
You aren't alone, I don't see the point in it either.
All it is to me is more freaked out animals that think barking and clawing me up {well trying to} will make it all better. =.= I hate loud noises to, and by the sounds of it so my pups agree. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:10 am
I rather like New Years. I find it a good time to reflect on the past year, the good and bad and to look forward toward the next, to what is to come. I work with people that have cancer and I've learned that each milestone is important because you really don't know when it will be your last. I've seen people dying, literally dying but holding on until that next milestone, one more birthday, one more anniversary, to see the new year... And then thinking of that makes me think of those that didn't make it, and then of my family that's passed away and who won't see anything about this new year or anything going on in it.

I had a very nice quiet evening with the boything, sipping sparkling grape juice as we watched the ball drop. It was nice discussing the good and bad of 2011 and how we hope that the struggles will be lessened and the good things be even better. I can't wait to see what will change this year, what advancements the world will make and how it will change.

But my way of thinking about it tends to be a bit more serious due to my nature and experiences. 3nodding

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:07 am
I don't really hate it, but I don't see what the big deal is though. Just another day and another year and you can try to make changes anytime really. Nothing special for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:29 am
It's not my favourite holiday, but I like any excuse to get together with my friends and loved ones. Last night, I went over to a friend's place, and we drank some local wines, played video games, had some good food, and reminisced about 2011.
A new year kind of symbolizes a blank slate for me. It's a chance to reflect on the good and the bad of the previous year, and move on.

I like fireworks, too. :3 So pretty. My city's fireworks display this year was really nice.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:45 pm
I like the alcohol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:46 pm
lgtenos
I like the alcohol.

Such a win xd  

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Stars Flying

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:35 pm
For me, New Year’s = an excuse to have a party. This time around, I went to a low-key, family-friendly potluck at a friend’s house. We stuffed ourselves with Peking duck and Korean-Mexican fusion, played Apples to Apples, watched Transformers 1, drank a little, and had a good time without being obnoxious.

Actually, no one really goes crazy, or at least not near where I live. No fireworks, gunshots, or teenagers running down the streets screaming, “Happy New Year!!” while some people are trying to sleep. I like the calm.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:51 pm
Scarlet Weather Rose
Am I? It just seems pointless to me. For me it has just always been an excuse for people to wake me up in the middle of the night with screaming and gunshots. Kind of like the 4th of July.

lol i'm not a big fan of it either, but it's more enjoyable when you have something to say goodbye to in the previous year. for me, it was a bad relationship, my denial of my sexuality, and negative outlook on life  

Mika Hisoka

Bigbadbo3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:17 pm
lgtenos
I like the alcohol.

Awesome comment. xd This New Year's is the first one I actually got a little drunk. The sad (but still funny) part of this is that it was my stepdad that intentionally got me drunk on campaigne so he could kick my butt in basketball on the PS3 emotion_donotwant . As a side note, I found out that I'm a giggly, clumsy drunk. xp  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff