Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
New Year's Resolutions? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

coco_mademoiselle000

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:51 pm
Um... so... what are everyone's New Year's resolutions? I'm aspiring to procrastinate less. Which, won't work, seeing as I'm procrastinating now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:03 pm
I usually don't bother with them. XD If I am gonna do something, I'm just gonna do it. Like I think my one from last year was to read more books.
And that was a fail because I pretty much only read textbooks and the novels for my classes. Then the rest of the time, I read online.

I notice that I procrastinate less the more I am busy since I have to keep on top of stuff to make sure I can get it done in time. When I know I will have time to do it later, that's when I procrastinate.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

coco_mademoiselle000

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:16 pm
PainfullyVivid
I usually don't bother with them. XD If I am gonna do something, I'm just gonna do it. Like I think my one from last year was to read more books.
And that was a fail because I pretty much only read textbooks and the novels for my classes. Then the rest of the time, I read online.

I notice that I procrastinate less the more I am busy since I have to keep on top of stuff to make sure I can get it done in time. When I know I will have time to do it later, that's when I procrastinate.

YOU NO READ FOR PLEASURE? *shakes head sadly*
That's smart. I guess I should try that. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:19 pm
I used to, and I still technically read online stuff for pleasure, but I just don't have the motivation nor the time to read novels for pleasure right now.
I read 7 novels last semester (which is a sad amount to what I used to read). Just none of them were for anything outside of my class.
I have a job plus my upper level classes. This semester, I'm also going to have an internship and completing applications for summer internships with increased hours at my job.
So, I don't kid myself that I will want to read novels on top of that. When I have time off, I'm just going to want to roll around.
Plus, I've just gotten out of the habit of picking up a book now. I buy them though. XD I have a lot of books I want to read.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Annai-chansan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:39 pm
I guess mine is be more assertive/ try new things. I'm pretty shy and quiet, especially when people ask me things I don't necessarily have the answer to. Try new things was mine last year too, and I did, which was pretty cool, so I'm doing it again this year. O-and trying to be less forgetful. I'm terrible at that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:52 pm
loliwroteawholeblogpostaboutthis-sortof
the ones mentioned there are the only ones i know i can maintain.
i have other things i had started working on towards the end of last year that could have probably been new year's resolutions (like eating better, getting to the gym more, looking for better jobs, studying better (had my worst semester yet - no more a average for me!) and trying to manage my money better), i just figured i'd start the ones i could right away.

PainfullyVivid

i am exactly the same. i don't read anything other than what i have to for uni anymore. it kind of upsets me. i buy books, but then i just don't read them...

aaaaaand i'm a lit. student. :/

diffun

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:12 pm
Quit smoking cigarettes. I am doing it for more reasons than a resolution, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 pm
ghetto trash

ASJHBNSDOINSDIJNSSFJNSFJNSAKDCNKJN
Your avi looks insane.
I love it.  

coco_mademoiselle000

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:24 pm
ghetto trash
loliwroteawholeblogpostaboutthis-sortof
the ones mentioned there are the only ones i know i can maintain.
i have other things i had started working on towards the end of last year that could have probably been new year's resolutions (like eating better, getting to the gym more, looking for better jobs, studying better (had my worst semester yet - no more a average for me!) and trying to manage my money better), i just figured i'd start the ones i could right away.

PainfullyVivid

i am exactly the same. i don't read anything other than what i have to for uni anymore. it kind of upsets me. i buy books, but then i just don't read them...

aaaaaand i'm a lit. student. :/
I feel you. I'm technically a Writing major, but I have to take enough Lit classes for my major requirements that I'm at least half a Lit major in spirit. I think most of the people I know in the major don't read as much anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:23 am
The standards. Lose weight, do better in school, don't get fired, get rehired, and do the cute guy down the hall. Nothing insane. whee  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:57 pm
*raises hand* Lose weight! I'm not working out "every single day" like I planned, but I've been able to keep it pretty close. The real hard part is eating right with post-holiday budget. So much rice.... D=  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:05 pm
Mine is to increase my level of awesome. :3

My M-imposed ones are to stop buying tortilla chips and chocolate mousse pies (especially since I only eat the mousse out of them). >_>  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

[X]Harajuku[X]

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:57 am
I don't really believe in new year resolutions,I believe if you wanna make something happen you'll just do it.I don't think anyone should wait for the new year to kick in to be able to kick your own a** about wanting to do stuff.I think if you want change bad enough you'll start today and not put things off till tomorrow.But that's just me sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:38 pm
Some people don't think about what might need to change without something prompting it. The number of the year is technically meaningless. I never really get when people say they can't wait until the year is over, as if something magical is going to happen at midnight to make everything better. However, it's a useful way of categorizing for a lot of people. If you can do it anytime, that's awesome. If you need Baby New Year to bite your ankles, that's fine too. XD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:26 am
1. Get my motorbike license.
2. Buy an off-road motorbike.
3. Buy a road bike.
4. Buy a pushbike and kick arse in a triathlon.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff