Reply 12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings
new to vegetarianism - journal Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:26 pm
Hey, it's Monochrome Monster here, and this is my journal to record my progress as a vegetarian. Any tips and advice are welcome. C:
There might be some personal stuff too, so yeah...>____> I'm emotional.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:33 pm
January 19, 2012

So, just two days ago was my two week anniversary of vegetarianism. Just thought I'd mention that and stuff because I was pretty proud of that. It's really not that hard not eating meat. I don't understand why it was so difficult the first time, through, but it certainly isn't that way now.

On another note, did you know gelatin was made of animal? I didn't, so I probably will stay away from gummy candies and such.

gas powered stick

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:38 pm
Gelatin huh? Who knew....

I wish you luck! My mom was a vegetarian for about 5 years until she married my father who believes dinner isn't dinner unless there's a hunk of meat on his plate xD

I have tried so hard but in my family I don't last long... :-/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Don't eat frosted poptarts. That's made of gelatin, the frosted part. I didn't know that, so I thought I'd share that bit of information with you.

Good luck to you! Starting off is hard but it will soon become easier. I haven't tasted meat in several years and I'm living just fine with no cravings for it.  

Frezeal

Shameless Elder

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:07 am
jesusgirl115

Mhmm, it was pretty shocking. I think I'll try to avoid it, but I'm not completely sure if I'll be able to. M vitamins are the chewy kind, and my mother would be angry if I didn't eat them.

And it was the same way for me. (The not being able to go vegetarian.) But I just decided to try it again. C:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:10 am
Frezeal

The frosted poptarts we have don't have gelatin. I checked them just because of this. But I will be careful about it. As I said earlier, I don't know if I'll be able to avoid eating gelatin for some time. And thank you! It is very hard, but I'm proud of myself for not giving in like I did last time.  

gas powered stick

PSM Guild Mule

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:26 am
User Image

Congrats! Being vegan is tough. D:

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:47 am
Monochrome Monster
Frezeal

The frosted poptarts we have don't have gelatin. I checked them just because of this. But I will be careful about it. As I said earlier, I don't know if I'll be able to avoid eating gelatin for some time. And thank you! It is very hard, but I'm proud of myself for not giving in like I did last time.

It's alright, I started out slow myself by just avoiding eating meat. Gelatin wasn't marked out until I was comfortable with not eating meat.  

Frezeal

Shameless Elder

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 am
Subliminal Aftermath
User Image

User Image

You're vegan? It sounds tough. D: I don't think I can give up milk and eggs just yet. Possibly later on in life.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:45 am
January 22, 2012

I've missed two journal entries, so I'll catch ya'll up a bit. On Friday we went to Famous Dave's (it's a barbeque joint for those who don't know what it is) and I've got to tell you that it was horrible not eating a burger. But I ate a salad and I'm proud of myself for avoiding the meat. It's been almost 3 weeks, but there are still times where I have to stop and think about if I still want to continue being a vegetarian. Most of the time it's not that hard, but that day it was definetely a little harder than usual. And yesterday I didn't have to deal with very much meat, so that was very easy and I don't really think I should go into detail. C:

So far today, though, I've eaten :

Blueberry Pancakes for Breakfast
Tortilla Pizza with Imitation Bacon Bits for Lunch
Spaghetti with Meat Flavored Sauce (No meat, although I did tell my mom I'd prefer it doesn't have the beef flavoring because they cooked it with the animal. >_____<)

Also, today was running rather smoothly until my dad yelled at me telling me I was having an attitude. Sorry that I ran into my cats food bowl and was upset that I had to clean the mess up. I even tried to apologize for whatever my behaviour was...but apparently that's back talk. Sometimes I can't stand adults. They think they know everything and that everything they say is right. It's not, and I wish they'd be willing to admit it.

gas powered stick

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:58 am
Monochrome Monster

Mhmm, it was pretty shocking. I think I'll try to avoid it, but I'm not completely sure if I'll be able to. M vitamins are the chewy kind, and my mother would be angry if I didn't eat them.

And it was the same way for me. (The not being able to go vegetarian.) But I just decided to try it again. C:

I will forever be taking the chewy vitamins <3 Whoever thought of such a thing was a genius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:58 am
Monochrome Monster
Subliminal Aftermath
User Image

User Image

You're vegan? It sounds tough. D: I don't think I can give up milk and eggs just yet. Possibly later on in life.
User Image

No but I try to be vegetarian.
It can be tough D:

User Image

PSM Guild Mule

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:46 pm
January 23, 2012

I'm pretty sad right now, so short entry today.

Meals of the Day:

Mushroom Omelet for Breakfast (Yeah, I still eat eggs and milk. I'm not going vegan.)
Nutella Sandwich w/Various Snacks
Sweet and Sour Soup and Veggie Patty

Today was rather easy going besides being utterly emotional. >_____> but that is so irrelevant man. So irrelevant.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:49 pm
jesusgirl115
Monochrome Monster

I will forever be taking the chewy vitamins <3 Whoever thought of such a thing was a genius

Hahaha. I don't know what I'll do about it. I have to finish them for the time being, so I have time to think it over.  

gas powered stick

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:52 pm
Subliminal Aftermath
Monochrome Monster
Subliminal Aftermath
User Image

User Image

User Image

No but I try to be vegetarian.
It can be tough D:

User Image

It is tough. How long have you been trying? C:  
12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items