Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I WANNA MARRY TOAST!
This is stupid, you're stupid, this whole system is stupid
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Does that mean I can finally marry my tree?
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
*throws rocks at TES*
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
O-o Those are gonna be some UGLY babies....
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
um.....well.....yea I got nothing....
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:23 am
Okay this is so absolutely absurd that I can't help but bring this story here for chatting about. I heard this on the radio on the way back from dropping off one of my roomies and I just was awed by the new form of stupidity humanity has seemed to grow at this point. neutral

A woman in Seattle has married a building. LEGALLY and BINDING married an abandoned warehouse building in order to save it and her love for it. Or I guess I shouldn't call the building an "it" since in all her interviews she claims that the building is a female so thus its a gay relationship/marriage. From what my other roomie told me since she heard about it before the actual wedding took place this is the jist of the story but will provide link to an article.

She was a member of the Occupy Seattle group and had used the building along with several other OS people and at times even used it as a sanctuary for members. Woman fell in love with the building and when they heard that it was gonna be demolished for an apartment complex they go through all the usual means of trying to prevent said demolishing, linking arms, protesting etc. Finally the woman changes into a wedding dress in the middle of the street and declares her love for this building and so forth and decides to marry it in order to save it.

Please tell me your thoughts? Opinions? Because right now I am now officially terrified of humanity now if people like this are allowed to pull BS like this. gonk

http://www.wcti12.com/news/30329815/detail.html  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:58 am
.... I don't even know what to say to that, aside from that woman is a complete retard.

But because you cannot obtain consent from a building, it sounds to me like this marriage is void. Loving something doesn't automatically mean it loves you in return, hence why marriage requires consent of the parties involved. Otherwise, any crazy man/woman could declare they love so-and-so and force them into marriage, even if so-and-so doesn't want to.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Anira Tiernay

Self-sustaining Businesswoman

17,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 am
It does seem a bit out of the ordinary but from what the word is, the woman actually did find an ordained minister to actually do this ceremony. And apparently they are taking the cloth banner on the side of the building that says "I do" as actual consent. And sometimes I wonder why you live in that quarter of the world Liada dear. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:37 am
... Apparently the weird attractions aren't just from lust anymore.  

thaskarin

Familiar Phantom

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

purpleravenhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:22 pm
Noooo way that's legal. It's so... I don't even have words for what that is. >< Of course, it's still better than wanting to marry an animal. At least, a building can't be hurt. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:02 pm
Tis why the rest of us from Washington wishes Seattle and that whole King County would become it's own separate little state... Not that I don't love my friends in Seattle, but seriously... highest population swings the vote so the rest of the state taxes pays for stuff the county don't wanna pay for... and some of those other cities/counties have the roads to prove it. scream  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 am
rolleyes Trust me Brat there's a LOT of us here in the King County that wish we could send nut jobs like this off on a little boat to a island far far away. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:57 pm
ThisEmptySoul
.... I don't even know what to say to that, aside from that woman is a complete retard.

But because you cannot obtain consent from a building, it sounds to me like this marriage is void. Loving something doesn't automatically mean it loves you in return, hence why marriage requires consent of the parties involved. Otherwise, any crazy man/woman could declare they love so-and-so and force them into marriage, even if so-and-so doesn't want to.

Wow. Tongue-tied TES. That is quite the accomplishment. Has anyone seen a shorter post by him?  

bandaidd
Crew

pirulaso

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:57 am
There's actually a bunch of people like that. They love a place instead of a person. Its funny because Lewis Black has a funny spiel about gay marriage and the old testament.

He says the only reason that ancient people outlawed gay marriage was because back then people were trying to marry and ******** camels. So they said, lets just make it between a man and woman. We live in a better time now, so I think we can let the gay marriage thing go.

I guess as it turns out, some of those insane people survived though.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 pm
Liada Trovaras
rolleyes Trust me Brat there's a LOT of us here in the King County that wish we could send nut jobs like this off on a little boat to a island far far away. rofl

0-0 A building.....-reads other comments-

Don't you dare send those nut jobs here! stare Hawaii is already filled with crazy homeless people who aren't even originally from this state. Our economy is the worst in the U.S. already and we don't need extra people to eat up the already limited budget. If you want to send people to an island might a suggest one that isn't inhabited by people or Antarctica. {Sorry for the little spiel but there are already many crazy people here loitering around. Its quite scary with them around even in the day. Just send them somewhere other than here please. gonk }

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 am
rofl I wasn't aiming for your state Sakura dear but I'll keep that in mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:07 am
As a crazy person that got exiled to a small island, I feel an obligation to comment on this. 3nodding

I didn't know it was legal to marry an inanimate object in the states. Something for me to think about later lulz. I'd heard something about it being made legal in Japan some time ago... could have also included characters, but now I'm straying from the topic. I know some lady over in Europe legally owns the Sun. That big nuclear ball of fire in the sky, that sun, and she demands payment from everyone leaching off of her property. Good thing she hasn't found a way to enforce it. It would ruin my day if I couldn't use the sun anymore.

Legally marrying an inanimate object is completely absurd in and of itself and the fact that it's being recognized as legitamate is a fu... failing of the legal system. I'm probably not the best person to speak on gender issues, but hell I'll give it my two cents since I've come this far. My basic stance is if you like someone you just do. Emphasis on someone. Not something. When you decide to keep an animal it's considered one of two things; family or food and getting intimate with either is just wrong.

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:32 pm
Tip button on KAI!!! scream  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:25 am
first thought that came to mind...

This is stupid, That woman is stupid, it should have never happened at all.

My gosh. What's wrong with the world nowadays?  

cutereader86

Super Giver

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:38 am
I'd have understood if she married the Temen-ni-Gru, given it's reputation, but an abandoned warehouse? Sounds like someone needs to work on their self-worth issues...

People acting like they were still near the back of the line when the last brain was handed out doesn't surprise me. Actually, I'm almost certain we're this galaxy's Jersey Shore. I just wish I could leave the cast without forfeiting my share of the mortal coil in the process.  
RL (Real Life) General Discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff