Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Ignorant d**k -.- Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merchant of the Devil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:41 am
So I found this really sad video on youtube. I started to read the comments and this one really caught my eyes

"You know, if you homos wouldn't act so damn weird and you'd quit trying to make straight people into fags, maybe there wouldn't be such gay persecution. I WILL continue to use the word "gay" to describe something stupid. You WON"T take away my freedom of speech, you banana crammers!"

So naturally I was really mad so I had to say something. This is what I came up with

"First of all you're name is disgusting. Js. Second of all. Who the ******** do you think you are? And under this video?! People like you sicken me! Being gay is not a choice. It's something you're born with. If a straight person "turns" gay then they were gay to begin with. You need to think before you make such a stupidly ignorant comment. It's not taking your freedom of speech, it's called being respectful and open minder you ******** moron"

Thoughts on my response to his comment?

His youtube name is ienjoymasterbating. Feel free to look him up and say a few words to him razz  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:55 am
My honest opinion? It probably wasn't the best idea to actually respond to him, as likely he wanted the attention in the first place. BUT! I don't blame you in the slightest, and I think that you're right. Despite what people that are against gay love says, it was never a choice but something that you are born with. So despite whatever response he may make, you're right in this regard and he's wrong. XD  

Mafdet of Egypt

Dedicated Lover

9,300 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100

Merchant of the Devil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:13 am
Mafdet of Egypt
My honest opinion? It probably wasn't the best idea to actually respond to him, as likely he wanted the attention in the first place. BUT! I don't blame you in the slightest, and I think that you're right. Despite what people that are against gay love says, it was never a choice but something that you are born with. So despite whatever response he may make, you're right in this regard and he's wrong. XD

lol yeah. I have zero patience for people like that  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 am
It's funny that you tell him to be respectful while calling him a ******** moron. Oh, and calling his username disgusting, while in the next breath telling him to be open-minded is pretty funny, too.

(His spelling is gross, but what's wrong with masturbating?)

His comment wasn't even worth responding to in the first place. Congratulations on giving him exactly what he wanted: attention.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:45 am
I replied to your comment. I'm Azareas123 smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:30 pm
I'm glad you responded; ignorant ********! I can't believe that he said gay people turned out straight people; what kind of s**t is that?! Vain b***h, nobody wants your homophobic a**! scream  

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:13 pm
Respect. That is all.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:58 pm
Taeryyn
It's funny that you tell him to be respectful while calling him a ******** moron. Oh, and calling his username disgusting, while in the next breath telling him to be open-minded is pretty funny, too.

His comment wasn't even worth responding to in the first place. Congratulations on giving him exactly what he wanted: attention.

Damn you guilds for not letting me tip posts because I want to tip this one, tip it hard.

OP, I get how frustrating those sorts of comments are but that shouldn't be an excuse to attack him the same way he's attacking others/you/whatever. If you can't get your point across without insulting this person directly, then why even post? After calling him a ******** moron, do you think he's going to listen to you at all? No, if he replies, he'll simply insult you more. A calm reply without the flaming might've gotten farther. You do want to change his opinion, yes? Then don't reinforce it with poor behavior.

I find it a tad inappropriate that you shared his name and encouraged people to attack him. Not the most mature way to go about this.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:47 pm
Lady Kayura
Taeryyn

Damn you guilds for not letting me tip posts because I want to tip this one, tip it hard.

OP, I get how frustrating those sorts of comments are but that shouldn't be an excuse to attack him the same way he's attacking others/you/whatever. If you can't get your point across without insulting this person directly, then why even post? After calling him a ******** moron, do you think he's going to listen to you at all? No, if he replies, he'll simply insult you more. A calm reply without the flaming might've gotten farther. You do want to change his opinion, yes? Then don't reinforce it with poor behavior.

I find it a tad inappropriate that you shared his name and encouraged people to attack him. Not the most mature way to go about this.
These. And:
Obvious troll is obvious. I see these comments all the time and they really bother me, but I just choose not to respond because there's no point. Venting doesn't really help me in these situations either.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:33 pm
Taeryyn

I agree with the statement in the middle. It's pretty awesome
BUT ANYWAY
Yeah, obvious troll is obvious. You should let these things go.  

Falsequivalence

Bigbadbo3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:43 pm
Oh.... oh my.... just watched the video. That... that's f*cked up. The end really got me, 'cause I really didn't see that one comin'. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:58 pm
That's bad one, but ive seen ones where someone gay men only want to adopt little boys so they can molest them

Kudos to u though.  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Merchant of the Devil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:36 pm
Yeah. Usually under different circumstances I wouldn't have raged it's just one heck of a lot of other things and then viewing this just kinda made me leak some rage to the internet :/  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:37 pm
Lady Kayura
Taeryyn

I'm just curious... what does OP mean?  

Merchant of the Devil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:49 am
Guild MasterX2

I'm just curious... what does OP mean?

Original poster, which in this case would be you since you are the thread creator, first post of the thread.

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff