Reply 15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions
Favorite/Least Favorite US President?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chesiregirl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:29 pm
Pretty simple. Tell me your favorite and/or least favorite US president of ALL time. As in, from George Washington to Barack Obama, and everyone in between. If you have more than one (like a Top 5 or something) feel free to tell me. biggrin You can explain if you want, but you don't have to.
As for me, Washington is my favorite (duh).
I don't have a least favorite, but I do dislike: Andrew Jackson, FDR, Abraham Lincoln, and Obama. Although I guess it is unfair to say you like/dislike Obama while he's still in office. Oh well.
As for my family, their LEAST favorites are...
Dad: Abe Lincoln
Mom: Jimmy Carter
Kim (my big sister): FDR (or Lincoln, can't remember which)
Craig (my big brother): Woodrow Wilson  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:13 pm
My favorite is Thomas Jefferson. I've liked him since I was 8 years old. I'm almost 20 now. In 3rd grade we had a project for President's Day, so I picked him. Since learning multiple facts about him, I've liked him since.

My lease favorite is George W Bush. He passed the "no child left behind" act, making schools be dumbed down for the ones who don't want to learn anything. Because of that, I had to leave school and get my GED. He also caused all of the issues with the money in the country, but Obama gets blamed for it. I sympathize with that president.

Not trying to cause a debate. Just Expressing my opinion on these things...

City Pop Barbie

Fashionable Star

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:00 am
Hmm. . .this is actually a very tough topic believe it or not.

I actually have two favorites. First I'd have to say John Adams. Many people forget how hard and tirelessly he spent his life founding our country. He may not have been able to abolish slavery like Lincoln did or end a major war but he was respectful Native Americans unlike his successors Jefferson and Jackson who forced them to move out. He was never accused of any scandals and created another great president in his son John Quincy Adams. My second favorite is Lyndon Johnson. He was sworn in as president after Kennedy was assassinated and well, here's a copypasta from Wikipedia:

Major legislations signed

1963: Clean Air Act of 1963[109]
1963: Higher Education Facilities Act of 1963[110][111]
1963: Vocational Education Act of 1963[112]
1964: Civil Rights Act of 1964
1964: Urban Mass Transportation Act of 1964
1964: Wilderness Act
1964: Nurse Training Act of 1964[113]
1964: Food Stamp Act of 1964
1964: Economic Opportunity Act
1964: Housing Act of 1964[114]
1965: Higher Education Act of 1965
1965: Older Americans Act
1965: Social Security Act of 1965
1965: Voting Rights Act
1965: Immigration and Nationality Services Act of 1965
1966: Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
1967: Age Discrimination in Employment Act[115]
1967: Public Broadcasting Act of 1967
1968: Architectural Barriers Act of 1968
1968: Bilingual Education Act
1968: Civil Rights Act of 1968
1968: Gun Control Act of 1968

There, you see why I love this guy? He also created Medicare and Medicaid to provide health care for the elderly at a reduced cost. His only blemish is the whole fiasco with Vietnam but I think we can forgive him. He honestly and truly though he was doing what was absolutely necessary to prevent WW3.

I honestly can't tell you who my least favorite is because I have too many. Jefferson and Jackson, as I mentioned before, did terrible things to the Native Americans. Woodrow Wilson was a White Supremacist who segregated the government and meddled in the Russian Revolution (something Russia hasn't quite forgiven us for). And then there's the ones like Bush and Nixon. . . .  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:08 pm
xena91388
Hmm. . .this is actually a very tough topic believe it or not.

I actually have two favorites. First I'd have to say John Adams. Many people forget how hard and tirelessly he spent his life founding our country. He may not have been able to abolish slavery like Lincoln did or end a major war but he was respectful Native Americans unlike his successors Jefferson and Jackson who forced them to move out. He was never accused of any scandals and created another great president in his son John Quincy Adams. My second favorite is Lyndon Johnson. He was sworn in as president after Kennedy was assassinated and well, here's a copypasta from Wikipedia:

Major legislations signed

1963: Clean Air Act of 1963[109]
1963: Higher Education Facilities Act of 1963[110][111]
1963: Vocational Education Act of 1963[112]
1964: Civil Rights Act of 1964
1964: Urban Mass Transportation Act of 1964
1964: Wilderness Act
1964: Nurse Training Act of 1964[113]
1964: Food Stamp Act of 1964
1964: Economic Opportunity Act
1964: Housing Act of 1964[114]
1965: Higher Education Act of 1965
1965: Older Americans Act
1965: Social Security Act of 1965
1965: Voting Rights Act
1965: Immigration and Nationality Services Act of 1965
1966: Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
1967: Age Discrimination in Employment Act[115]
1967: Public Broadcasting Act of 1967
1968: Architectural Barriers Act of 1968
1968: Bilingual Education Act
1968: Civil Rights Act of 1968
1968: Gun Control Act of 1968

There, you see why I love this guy? He also created Medicare and Medicaid to provide health care for the elderly at a reduced cost. His only blemish is the whole fiasco with Vietnam but I think we can forgive him. He honestly and truly though he was doing what was absolutely necessary to prevent WW3.

I honestly can't tell you who my least favorite is because I have too many. Jefferson and Jackson, as I mentioned before, did terrible things to the Native Americans. Woodrow Wilson was a White Supremacist who segregated the government and meddled in the Russian Revolution (something Russia hasn't quite forgiven us for). And then there's the ones like Bush and Nixon. . . .

I loved John Adams too, especially after watching 1776. He's a very strongly opinionated person and didn't give a damn what others thought of him. May not necessarily be a good president quality, but it's a good person quality in my eyes. And he really did work hard (along with the other founding fathers) to get this country started. smile  

chesiregirl

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:41 pm
        it's hard to be the president. It's a difficult job to do properly, so I don't like to say I dislike him.
        After doing a project on him, I've always liked Teddy Roosevelt.
        My least favorite...I can't choose.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:58 pm
My favorite is Theodore Roosevelt because he started the National Parks. Or he claimed protection for historic areas and I think that's important. I don't have a least favorite though.  

inky6

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:37 am
Ah, 1776. One of the BEST musicals ever! xd Rhode Island's rep may not have been shown in the best light but William Daniels makes up for any flaws this film has! whee And I have a suspicious feeling the real Franklin would have loved it and his portrayal. rofl

chesiregirl

I loved John Adams too, especially after watching 1776. He's a very strongly opinionated person and didn't give a damn what others thought of him. May not necessarily be a good president quality, but it's a good person quality in my eyes. And he really did work hard (along with the other founding fathers) to get this country started. smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:29 am
I like Mr. Teddy the best, so does Lincoln.
I think I am not so fond of both Bush. :I

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

viper_353

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:32 pm
I like FDR. He led the US through some hard times AND he put up with Mackenzie King, which must have been a feat.
I dislike.....George W. Bush was an idiot I do believe.
I'm liking Obama, now if you guys would actually let him do something that would be nice....

if this was about Canadian PMs I could go on and on....I mean, Peirre Frickin Trudea. Disagree with some of his politics, but does it even get more bad-a**?? biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:25 pm
George Washington

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash