Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
why do people hate gays/bi's? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxxyouwantitx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:56 pm
I DONT GET IT! whats the deal with straight people haveing issues with gay/ bisexual people? why cant they accept this? tell me what you think is the matter with straights, explain your answer (optional). but every corner i turn around, people can just tell im bisexual and iv never seen them before i guess rumors that are true? my best friend told everyone? idk how they all know
, why is this?!?!?! crying crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:01 am
Fear of the unknown is a big one. That and rabid following of incorrect Biblical teachings pushed by incorrect faith authority figures is another. Then there is just pure evil people.

I am curious what you mean by people know you are bisexual. Could you explain that further?  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:10 am
Why do people hate blacks/arabs/muslim/asian etc?
Its human nature to hate that which we don't understand.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:20 am
There will always be people that hate others who are different from them and fear what they don't understand. If it isn't sexual orientation, it is something else.

Instead of educating themselves and trying to understand, people will divide others into groups. Judging is actually part of human nature, we all do it. It's how people handle it that is different. Some choose to get to know others and learn and some don't.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 am
A host of reasons, many simply disagree as opposed to hate however.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 am
The primary reason comes from the bible, that we're abominations,
like said previously, people don't choose to try to understand something that they don't know anything about, and therefor it's easier to hate them.

However, alot of homophobes are closet cases. They try so hard to prove the fact that they aren't a homosexual by saying the most hateful things about them. "If I say horrible things about them, they won't believe I'm one myself. Nobody says bad things like that about themselves, right?". -cough- rick santorum -cough-  

Hashtagihateit

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:11 am
People can tell you're bisexual? Wow. They must have REALLY keen gaydars.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:03 am
I think Straights are just jealous because they don't get to date someone or kiss someone of the same gender!! Im straight but i stand up for bi's and gay's! It's not anyone's fault for being gay or bi.  

Icy the Cat-

2,150 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Gaian 50

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:39 am
People have excuses to dislike anything. They say it's not natural. Well, a) it is natural, and b) even if it weren't natural, since when do humans care about being natural? Houses aren't natural, cakes aren't natural, 75% of the stuff at fast food joints aren't natural...it's stupid.
Also, people may know you are bi if you are kind of androgynous, meaning, you are just as masculine as you are feminine. For example, I'm bisexual and I love a lot of boyish stuff--like sci-fis, action films, gadgets, comfy clothes, toy cars,innuendos,video games, super heroes, rock music, food, etc. But I also like girly stuff, like ponies, fairy tales, makeup, hair, clothes, shopping, glitter, rainbows, etc. A lot of my bisexual friends are the same way, like one friend of mine who's bi loves sports, but she also watches Glee, dresses up once in a while, and obsesses over Bradley Cooper. Another bi friend of mine has a filthy sense of humor, much like a guy's, but she's also a fan of makeup.
Not saying gay or straight people can't have a balance of fem/masc tastes as well, I'm just saying that could be why people assume you're bi,  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 am
I think part of it is just an excuse to hate someone. I thing to remember is that not all Christians hate gays, I am a Christian (I am also starting to think that I am bi..... but I'm not sure yet.) and my mother is a Methodist pastor who supports gay rights. That are some rules in the bible that are outdated. I think that this is one of them.  

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200

Noble Chrissy Crimson

Divine Nymph

7,250 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:06 am
there will always be hate in the world  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:27 pm
Sunshine Peach-Heart
People have excuses to dislike anything. They say it's not natural. Well, a) it is natural, and b) even if it weren't natural, since when do humans care about being natural? Houses aren't natural, cakes aren't natural, 75% of the stuff at fast food joints aren't natural...it's stupid.
Also, people may know you are bi if you are kind of androgynous, meaning, you are just as masculine as you are feminine. For example, I'm bisexual and I love a lot of boyish stuff--like sci-fis, action films, gadgets, comfy clothes, toy cars,innuendos,video games, super heroes, rock music, food, etc. But I also like girly stuff, like ponies, fairy tales, makeup, hair, clothes, shopping, glitter, rainbows, etc. A lot of my bisexual friends are the same way, like one friend of mine who's bi loves sports, but she also watches Glee, dresses up once in a while, and obsesses over Bradley Cooper. Another bi friend of mine has a filthy sense of humor, much like a guy's, but she's also a fan of makeup.
Not saying gay or straight people can't have a balance of fem/masc tastes as well, I'm just saying that could be why people assume you're bi,

lol, im not feminine at all, my voice is deep, i like most guy stuff. but read my edited post.  

xxxyouwantitx

Valkyrie-Chii-Chan

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:29 pm
xxxyouwantitx
I DONT GET IT! whats the deal with straight people haveing issues with gay/ bisexual people? why cant they accept this? tell me what you think is the matter with straights, explain your answer (optional). but every corner i turn around, people can just tell im bisexual and iv never seen them before i guess rumors that are true? my best friend told everyone? idk how they all know
, why is this?!?!?! crying crying crying crying crying

I don't know, I'm straight myself. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:32 pm
xxxyouwantitx

We are considered different to some of them and they are scared of that.

Like many of the people that have posted I can only say this. Humans fear that which they don't understand. Bisexuals, gays, lesbians are all feared because we aren't understood. Some straight people just can't get it into their heads that we have seen through looks, religion, race and sex of our partner and because they can't understand it they treat us like we aren't human. Like we're infected. Luckily there are few that have grasped the concept that we can love true love because we have seen through all and only see the person inside. For those people I am grateful or the world would never accept people of orientation that isn't straight.

Love is love. Where ever it is found.

Uisce a

Gracious Informer

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out