Wittle Agility Update

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Animelover955

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:57 pm
So class tonight was awesomeful!

Abby has come a super long way. I mean srsly you should see her beast that teeter! Months ago she would've completely shut down because of the noise, but baby dog now ZOMG!!!! She's pretty much doing an independent teeter and she absloutely loves it!

*side note*
Daww there was also a baby BC there tonight. so freaking cute. She was just passing through though, but so dayum cute. If ya can't tell puppy fever is killing me(but I'm sure getting the actual puppy will kill it)

Anyway tonight was our first spring class so like it was super hot out and none of the dogs are accustomed to it. And we had a nice long talk about heat stroke and apparently one of our instructors girlies started having seizures due to heat stroke and she told us stories and yikes scary stuff. Apparently she continued to seize for 2 hours at the vets etc, but after that she was fine. So yeah something we're definitely going to have to be careful about(cool coat here we come).

The whole class we really didn't do much. At first we worked on obstacle focus and then put the dogs up and they were up majority of the time. LMAO we had an awesome time and we had to build a course using only 2 jumps and then handle our "dog"(our instructor) through the course. It was a contest between two teams and was epic fun lol though we never did find out who won razz

It also seems like I may of worked out her contact kinks. Tonight she did a lot better with her 2o2o w/o the target and I'm doing good in that I was actually aware of what my body was doing! YAY!

We however are still having crate issues(to get her to be quite I have to basically hide/ be out of her sight otherwise she just barks). She really hates it and if I go over to let her out and pause for any length of time she starts basically demanding me to let her out which I don't because I want to wait till she's not going insane before releasing her, but yeah we're still working on it. Hopefully if I pass my test wednsday I'll be able to drive her and her crate out to maybe a park and work on crate games in unfamiliar areas. So hopefully we'll start getting somewhere with that...

We also talked about wait for it.... *drum roll* the future...

So once summer hits our regular instructor won't be here *sniff* she's going to the alps or something to go mountain climbing for the entire summer. So I wish her luck on that and I'm sure she'll have a blast. So our assistant instructor will take over for the summer time. *sigh* I love my class and I hate to even think about splitting from them. We are all like a big family and I've gotten so used to them *sniff* hopefully we'll at least stay together a little longer, but yeah our instructor thinks it's almost time for us to move on to the advanced class and start working on course stuff.

Abby will be 7 this may(or so we think) and baby dog is starting to go gray around her muzzle. It really saddens me because I actually really noticed it for the first time a few weeks ago, but she's still got plenty of life and a awesome career ahead of her. So really looking forward to trialing with her.

But yup we're(most of our class actually) moving onto the advanced class soon YIKES!

Also on another side not I get to start asking around about the puppy foundation classes! mwhahaha so excited for another agility pup. So hopefully no health issues will get in the way of the new girls career. It'll be a while before she starts classes though I think the min might be 8 months, but once she has all her shots she'll get to come watch classes and get used to the environment so YAY!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:36 pm
Aww man, I hate stuff like that. I'm sorry that you'll have to move on from being with people that feel like family, but on the other hand, you guys are doing great, so that's a good thing xD Look forward to future updates. So you're for sure getting the new pup from the family friend?  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Animelover955

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:20 pm
Vanilla eXee
Aww man, I hate stuff like that. I'm sorry that you'll have to move on from being with people that feel like family, but on the other hand, you guys are doing great, so that's a good thing xD Look forward to future updates.

yeah it's hard we've all bonded and have lots of fun together at class so it'll suck being separated if it comes to that. I'll def keep updating as we progress

Vanilla eXee
So you're for sure getting the new pup from the family friend?

Nope. She's coming from someone from my sisters school giving them away for free and my parents spontaneously decided to get one. The whole story(including my rant) is on my blog

http://staragility.wordpress.com/2012/03/14/new-addition-2/  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff