Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
How do you get away from a possessive person?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Carolina_K_Jones

5,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:07 am

There's this guy who I liked but a couple weeks ago he became kind of possessive of me even though we aren't in a relationship. He started getting all over me about some stupid rumor that people were spreading, that wasn't even true, which hurt me because stuff like this has happened before and I told him that he had hurt me and that it wasn't true. He realized what he had done (or so I thought) and apologized over and over and I finally partially forgave him. I told him we could be friends again but then on Friday when I had to leave really quickly and couldn't say bye to him he texted me and was pissed because apparently he was trying to call my name but I didn't hear him. He then went into this rant about how it felt like I wanted him dead and all sorts of stuff. I called him on it and he says he feels bad and keeps apologizing but I don't think he means it and I'm afraid of what will happen if I don't get him to leave me alone. Every time I even hint at cutting him out of my life, he comes to me with this look of absolute sadness and I feel like I'm kicking a puppy. I just can't deal with the drama he keeps putting on me. What can I do?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:54 am

First and foremost, your safety is of the utmost importance. Always make sure that any decision you make or action you take will ultimately ensure your safety. People, such as the one you're dealing with, can be crazy-a**-mofo's at times, and it's best to keep your guard up in these kinds of situations.

Second, give him a final talk. Set everything straight. Tell him EVERYTHING that's on your mind regarding the situation, including what you've told us in the OP. He needs to understand that it's not healthy for either of you. Also, if he is underage [and by that, I mean less than 18], speak to his parents.

Lastly, if things get out of hand, file a restraining order.

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 am

Get rid of him; he needs to grow up; NO ONE has time for bull s**t!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:59 am

lgtenos
First and foremost, your safety is of the utmost importance. Always make sure that any decision you make or action you take will ultimately ensure your safety. People, such as the one you're dealing with, can be crazy-a**-mofo's at times, and it's best to keep your guard up in these kinds of situations.

Second, give him a final talk. Set everything straight. Tell him EVERYTHING that's on your mind regarding the situation, including what you've told us in the OP. He needs to understand that it's not healthy for either of you. Also, if he is underage [and by that, I mean less than 18], speak to his parents.

Lastly, if things get out of hand, file a restraining order.

The problem is though, he's an ex MMA fighter and he can get angry some times. I'm afraid to try and confront him because I don't want him getting upset and turning on me though he's never hit a girl before even when one set him on fire. I only have a couple more months before he leaves and I won't have to see him but I don't know if I can deal with the drama till then. Also he's 20

Carolina_K_Jones

5,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Team Jacob 100

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:31 am

His background doesn't matter. He can be Julius Caesar if all you care, but, again, your safety is what's at risk here. If you have trouble confronting him alone, bring a friend or two. Based on your description, he sounds relatively calm and collected for being an Ex MMA fighter - that's a good sign. I'm still all for filing a restraining order; the law is meant to protect people, so might as well take advantage of it, right?

It honestly sounds like he just has attachment issues, in which the best way to solve is to completely cut him out of your life.
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games