Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:30 pm
User Image

The main throne room. It is a your typical nicely decorated throne room, each demon king adding their own bit of style to it. The throne was once a simple stone slab against the wall until Lareth got a hold on it. Lareth carved intricate designs into the walls and the pillars around him. What most saw as decoration, was far from what it really was. Protection spells and attack spells lay everywhere in disguised design.

This room is where if needed, is used as a reception hall to visiting demon Barons and a place where his Generals can meet him.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:57 pm
Rowan and Wren were lead to the throne room, which was in Rowan's opinion, more interesting to look at, then the elven kings throne. Someone had taken time to draw interesting carved designs in the pillars and throne.

Someone who had time and patience.

Rowan could never spend that much time doing something like that. He would start and then find himself wanting to train or something.

" do you know the king here Wren?"  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:28 pm
Wren gave Hal a nod of respect as he lead them into the throne room, moving at Rowan's side easily, "The demons are simply another race, Rowan. Not that much different from the Elves. Well, from what we used to be. I've met Lareth once or twice over the centuries, but I've had more contact with Hal. It was through Hal that I was able to set up the peace that now exists between the Drow, the Demons, the Dwarves, and the Elves. Just don't be surprised if Lareth flirts a bit. He flirts with just about anything. If he's breathing, he's flirting," she finished that on a slightly wry note, remembering the few occasions she'd met with the demon king.

Of course, she'd had to be told he was trying to flirt with her both times, so it had fallen a little flat each time he'd tried with her...

As they waited, another demon appeared in the throne room via a flash of flames, looking like sin on two legs. He blinked at the two people a brief moment then frowned when he realized Lareth wasn't here.

He gave a heavy sigh, hating the news he was going to be bringing his king but knowing he had to. So he simply headed for the doors to the throne room to speak to one of the guards posted there then sent the man running to find Lareth before turning back to the couple.

"Wren, it's good to see you again. I just wish it was under better circumstances. Lareth should be here shortly and I have some bad news to give him," he stated softly and gave a nod of respect to both of them.

Wren gave the Incubus a warm smile, "It's good to see you too Ash. This is my husband, Rowan. Rowan, this is Ash, one of Lareth's best assassins," she made the introductions easily to cover her need to get the meeting over with quickly. She simply couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible had happened already...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:41 pm
Rowan smugly smiled.
"He can try and flirt with you....but in the end, I have you and he may have a black eye."
Rowan wasn't much of the jealous sort....or was before, but since he married Wren...well he didn't like the thought of other men looking at his wife with googly eyes."

Then there was a flash of flames and an incubus came out of it. Rowan noticed he was much like the female succubus he had seen before but his horns and his skin color were different.

As Wren introduced him Rowan gave a nod.
"Pleasure Ash. Wish we had come under better circumstances."

Lareth walked in looking concerned with Hal behind him.
"Yes....I dare say I would be more than happy to receive you both, were it under better conditions. I hear you have information on the woman who keeps coming and attacking my people?"  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:48 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Wren gave a respectful nod of her head as Lareth entered with Hal behind him, "We do. She's taken up with Rowan's brother, Ravor. This is worrying in ways you cannot imagine. Her name is Esabel. She's apparently fairly simple-minded most of the time, more like an evil child in a woman's body. But she's become soul-bound to Ravor. He's something more," she started the explanation then turned to Rowan to explain about his brother.

But before Rowan could speak, Ash stepped forward and cleared his throat, "They were just in the realm. They appeared at the training fort and took Gypsy. They allowed her to take as many weapons as she wanted but nothing else," he said and shook his head slightly, "There was nothing I could do to stop it. They were simply too powerful. It was easy to see that their powers were actually intertwined and enhanced each other. There was nothing I could do at the time Lareth, but if you'll allow me to, I'll go with Wren and Rowan to get her back," he said, hoping that his king didn't kill him on the spot for the bad news he'd just delivered.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 pm
Rowan was frowning as Lareth whirled on Ash angry.
"He was here and you didn't even try to maim them?! And what of Gypsy? Didn't she try and maim them?!"

Rowan paled some.
"He broke the bond.....he broke our bond. It was why I didn't feel him in the first place!"

He shook his head as he crossed his arms thinking.
"We need to find your Gypsy....and fast. If they allowed her to take weapons...they are playing with her and it is not the kind of play anyone but demented souls would enjoy."

He looked to Lareth and Ash.
"Could you take us to where they appeared? Perhaps we could follow the energy signature trail back to where they went."  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:11 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Ash yelled right back at Lareth, one of the few in the realm who would do so, "She and the others tried to fight her hounds off! The male had the place sealed off somehow so I couldn't get to her! In the end, Esabel promised that if Gypsy survived, she'd let her go. It was the only thing she could do!" he yelled back, clearly not liking the situation any more than Lareth did.

Wren moved forward to step between them, her hands on their chests pushing them apart as she glared at them in turn, "Yelling at each other solves nothing. Ash did the only thing he could, Lareth. Esabel has evolved far beyond what you would recognize if you saw her again. Now take us to the training fort so that we can try to track them and act like adults instead of idiots!" she told them both firmly before stepping back from them, knowing Rowan would have to tell her about the bond he spoke of as soon as he could so she could take it into account for her spell.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:20 pm
Lareth was about to punch Ash when Wren interjected and pushed them apart. He was going to make sure he put Ash in his place later. How dare he yell back at him in front of guests! It was one thing to yell at him in front of their own kind, but not elves or the odd male Lareth could not figure out what he was.

"There is no time to stand here so I will take us all at once."

Lareth wrapped them all up in flame and they vanished to the training grounds.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:40 pm
Once inside the great throne room with every last servant, Lareth dismissed Hal and sealed everyone in the room. He also threw up a ward so no one could hear what was going on, on the outside.

He stood in front of his throne and addressed all of them.

Lareth spoke of everything that had transpired from Kals death, all the way to the three traitors trying to cause harm to the mistress of the house. He left out the part of the miscarriage out as that was something he was not going to speak about again.

As he finished with every bit of news he could offer he looked over all of them and could see some were genuinely concerned while a few either had a smirk or a really good blank expression.

He asked that if there concerns about who was ruling or had a problem with how things were run, to step forward.

The ones who had been smirking or had blank expressions came forward. He asked each of them what they saw as problems and if there were any recommendations.

The ones who had been smirking let loose on him, telling him demons were not so kind and that he was shaming the entire race and his former kings by bringing in an outsider and not marrying a demon. Then it went into how she was changing him, how soft he was getting.....he didn't care about his duties and so forth. Their recommendations only consisted of him getting rid of Cynthia and finding someone worthy among their own people.

The ones who were dissatisfied complained about everything as well, but offered no recommendations on how to make things better as they played the devils advocate. Complain but also tell him how he is a worthy ruler.

The ones who were loyal simply stood nearby shaking their heads as complaints flowed and ridiculous solutions were offered.

Well, it was about time of a 'cleansing of the staff' anyway....

Lareth smiled once everything was said and done.

"My friends and loyal subjects, I am sorry I have caused you such great concern to doubt my integrity, loyalty to our people, and lack of understanding of your concerns.

But I assure you right now....I am going to fix this. I will fix this, so that faith will be restored and everyone will be happy."

Lareth snapped his fingers and a walkway appeared beside him. Flames of red and black licked up and down the black archway posts of this walkway and black and orange flames encircled the two groups who complained.

"Now those who are loyal, will walk through and under this archway and receive my blessing. If they are falsely loyal, then the flames will eat them, soul and all."

There were murmurs of surprise and uncertainty.

"Those who did not file a complaint, please step forward and go under the archway."

Three tried to run but Lareth incinerated them before they got anywhere.

"Come now......don't be shy. You wanted a more terrible ruler that should be feared right? Well I am showing you my true colors now and I will not be denied."

The loyalists lined up and one by one passed through the fire. Only one was killed. He motioned for the loyalists to move to the side and moved his archway to the other two groups.

Needless to say, almost everyone from those two groups except for four out of the sixty five that passed through the fire, survived. The four consisted of the devils advocates.

Lareth crossed his arms.

"While I am surprised you four survived, I am not sure of your loyalty as its about as sturdy as a dandelion in a windstorm. To the dungeons you go! And when I feel like it, I will call upon you all to ask about your loyalty again. Perhaps you will have a stronger resolution then."

Lareth clapped his hands and sent those four into locked cells in the dungeons.

He looked to those 50 servants that were left.

"Now since you are loyal and I trust that you will not question my authority or hurt anyone who is here, you will see a great increase in your pay. Do understand that I reward those who are loyal and those with treachery in their hearts for me and for anyone I care for, will be dealt with, with a heavy hand.

I am the demon king and just because I do not show you my darker side, does not mean it is not there. I do not show my darker side as there is no need to show those who are good and doing their jobs.

On a lighter note, we will be having interviews and I suggest that if you know any demon looking for good honest work and is loyal to the crown, please have them drop in by tomorrow evening. Send them to my office and I will interview them.

I have several things coming up and I want this ship running as it should. Now you are now officially excused, but before you go, I suggest you clean this place of all the ash and stench of treachery.

Thank you for coming to the meeting. I enjoyed our little get together."

Lareth unsealed the throne room and left the loyalists who hurriedly began to clean.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:24 am
As he got there, he saw that the cleaning was done swiftly and thoroughly.
He smirked as being an a*****e got things done because no one else wanted to be incinerated by him.

He made his point and his threat very clear when he demanded Loyalty and destroyed those who were against him. Of course it was a surprise for many because no one had seen Lareth flare up in anger in so long, but it had to be done.

Perhaps a quarterly purge should be announced.....keep people on their toes.

Lareth sat on the throne and waited for Ost and the unknown guest.

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:19 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Shale entered the throne room with even steps, his staff tapping the ground in matching time. He was past fear. The man before him, sitting on the throne, radiated power and confidence. This would be the hard part. He approached to a respectful distance and knelt, lowering his staff to lie on the floor beside him and setting the sack aside as well until the time came to open it. He was tempted to speak but instead waited to be acknowledged. This was no time to be seen as arrogant or overeager. He would simply kneel and wait. His hood still obscured his face, though none of the people here had ever seen him. He had been born after his family was in exile and concealing his identity was something he did from reflex and old habit.

-----------------------------

Ost followed the visitor through the corridors watching him with every sense he had. Being this close behind the strange demon he was able to tell that he was a man and probably older than Ost was by a significant margin. However, parts of his energy seemed almost... sickly. As though he had been damaged somehow.

Ost knelt two meters behind the visitor after they entered the presence of the king. His left hand was prepared to call his sword and kill the visitor if he made any dangerous moves. Ost would not be able to safely fight in his titan aspect within the castle keep itself. As limited as his skill with a sword was, it was that very skill he would have to depend on in here. Although, he strongly believed that the king would need no protection from him. He would follow his orders and remain until dismissed to his duties.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:24 pm
Haeo

Lareth was just about to fall into boredom when he felt Ost just outside the door. Crimson eyes looked to the opening doors as Ost and a hood stranger entered his throne room.

He sat there looking relaxed, one leg crossed over the other, his arms out and resting on the carved arm rest of his seat.

What surprised him was that the visitor who seemed young, walked with a staff. Perhaps an injury? Then the stranger was getting on his knees and bowing his head.

Lareth frowned inwardly as such civility had not been shown to him in a very long time. This informed Lareth that this demon visitor was older than he was and had some sort of formal training.

Very rare now days indeed.....

Then Ost was on his kneels kneeling, a hand on his sword.

This pleased Lareth as Ost showed that he was trust worthy enough to carry out the order he had given earlier.

Lareth liked his lips and kept the same bored look on his face.

"Rise....both of you."

Lareth didn't move from his spot as he steepled his fingers in front of him.

"Tell me traveler, what brings you to my front door?"  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:53 am
Hot Champion_of_justice

Ost rose swiftly but said nothing and remained at the ready. He could feel the approval of his king in the wards, albeit dimly. If he had been farther away he wouldn't have felt it at all. The strange part was that his majesty seemed to be pleased by the visitor as well, or at least intrigued. Ost was mildly pleased by that. At the least this guest had managed to be an interesting diversion for his king during a difficult time. Ost had never seen court manners quite so formal before. His suspicion that he was the youngest demon in the room strengthened greatly.

-----------------------

Shale rose a little more slowly than Ost, leaving his staff and the large black sack where they lay. He had been taught many things by his elders in the family during their exile. They had been, of course, seeking a way to regain their former power. As such, they had taught him all formal court manners and the ceremonies of their day. However, they had not seen the court in more than seventy years before Shale's decorum training began. The court had changed a lot. Shale could perceive that clearly.

Now that he had been addressed there were other matters of protocol to observe. He pulled back his hood as it is disrespectful to speak to one's betters while concealed, revealing his unnaturally black eyes and pale features. A discerning eye would perhaps be able to perceive numerous small scars. However, this would not be unexpected in a demon of some age. He then answered the king's question in an old form of intonation used for many things in the old court.

"Your Majesty, High King Lareth the Terrible, lord and supreme master of all the realm of demons, I, Shale, blood of Azterneth, blood of Kalsir, of the ancient and dishonored house of Azuranal, come bearing gifts and proof of my loyalty in the hope that I might be proven useful to you in these, unsteady times." His voice was steady but inside he was wound tight. By revealing himself as protocol demanded his life was now lying at the king's feet. With luck, the king would desire to see the gifts brought by the unrecorded son of a traitor before deciding what to do. Along with the others in the sack were the heads and personal diadems of Shale's father, Azterneth. Kalsir Azuranal, his grandfather, had been killed in the failed coup attempt that he had orchestrated.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:20 pm
Haeo

Lareth watched in interest as the stranger revealed himself. When the hood came off, there was only a tiny fraction of displeasure as he could see that Shale looked like his father.

That particular traitor, he never did really like, and now that traitors son was in his throne room presenting himself. He wasn't sure if this was a joke or not.

He slowly uncrossed his legs and leaned forward in his throne, hands on his knees, his eyes glinting.

"Unsteady times indeed...because the son of a man I should have killed has come to my court offering allegiance, much like his father had, when I first ascended to this throne.

Tell me why you are really here Shale Azuranal? What is it you are really seeking by coming to me? You do know that your families banishment also had the clause of death should you ever return here, I hope you know."

Lareth stood and came down to stand across from Shale.

"Also...explain to me why should I trust the son of a traitor?"  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:53 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Ost's posture changed only slightly as he shifted his balance for a thrust. All it would take would be an unspoken order or a sign of danger and he would strike immediately. However, for now, things were still conversational and he did not wish to preemptively end his king's conversation.

A traitor's blood is easily shed. This Azuranal family must be born brazen. Is this a trick? Is the rest of the family going to take advantage of this distraction to attack? Ost shifted a little of his focus to the wards, watching for anything suspicious.

-------------------------

Shale marked every detail of King Lareth's movements and every nuance of his words. His next few moments could be his last all too easily. But, that wouldn't really be that bad. A life with only one accomplishment is still better than a life with none. At least he would have eliminated a line of traitors, even if his life was necessary to end it. The king was demanding directness. Shale would oblige. With a simple movement of his left hand he released the clasp from the open end of the black sack and tugged it off balance so that its contents rolled unceremoniously across the floor in a macabre but humorous display.

"I am here to achieve at least one worthwhile thing with my life." He met the king's eyes unflinching. "Either I serve you and thereby restore some small shard of honor to the name I was cursed with or I die, and with my death finish the destruction of a traitor's bloodline. Either of these paths leads to a greater end than theirs." He gestured dismissively at the heads on the floor. "If your decision is that my death would be of greater service to you than my life and skills, so be it."  
Demon Realm

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff