Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Bad News and Good News Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:52 pm
Igtenos
The bad news is that I'll be going on hiatus from Gaia and the guild starting in July (although that may be good news for some of you~)

The [real] good news is the reason why I'm leaving. I was selected to be a Team Leader for a brand new program in the U.S. government. Specifically, I will be in charge of up to 12 individuals as we respond to natural disasters and man-made emergencies in the Southern U.S. From what I was told, there were almost 250 applicants, and only 21 were chosen. This is a very big step for me into my career, and I'm very excited to get out in the field.

EDIT: My plane leaves in a week. Therefore, I'm officially on hiatus now. I'll pop in every once in a while, but I won't be immensely active. I shall return in December for winter break. Stay cool.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:02 pm
Noooooooooo emotion_0A0
However, I'm happy for you emotion_yatta
I will miss your randomness emotion_hug

MusicalPoet

Questionable Hellraiser

11,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Odin-Of-Twilight

2,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:04 pm
Moving up in the world! Woo hoo for progression! You go Fishy- guy! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:50 pm
We'll certainly miss you around the guild, but that's an awesome opportunity for you. biggrin Congrats!  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:31 pm
lgtenos
The bad news is that I'll be going on hiatus from Gaia and the guild starting in July (although that may be good news for some of you~)

The [real] good news is the reason why I'm leaving. I was selected to be a Team Leader for a brand new program in the U.S. government. Specifically, I will be in charge of up to 12 individuals as we respond to natural disasters and man-made emergencies in the Southern U.S. From what I was told, there were almost 250 applicants, and only 21 were chosen. This is a very big step for me into my career, and I'm very excited to get out in the field.

Congratulations! I'll miss seeing you around, but that's really important work. cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:31 pm
Congratulations. Not many get to do such important work. Most are happy to work at McDonald's and such.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Vahlen Kerberos

Bloodsucker

4,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:58 pm
Human intervention one of the most dangerous of deeds, though at times beneficial for many. I wish you luck, but never get those hopes up as recovery is nonetheless out of reach as the world will always be in turmoil no matter what counter-measures are taken.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:11 pm
X I O D E
Human intervention one of the most dangerous of deeds, though at times beneficial for many. I wish you luck, but never get those hopes up as recovery is nonetheless out of reach as the world will always be in turmoil no matter what counter-measures are taken.

Yeah, I hate when people piss in my coffee too.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:35 pm
Aw! : ( That is sad news that you are leaving, but that is fantastic you are moving on with a great career! I wish you luck with everything! ^_^

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:04 pm
~ You take care! Being out in the world away from gaia is hard. So good luck to you~

Clover_like_goodness

Sugary Kitten

15,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 pm
lgtenos

Huzzah. Will you be working within FEMA or as a separate more mobile entity?  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:46 am
Blackrose_Knight
Huzzah. Will you be working within FEMA or as a separate more mobile entity?

Hosted by a separate organization, but we're funded by and work alongside FEMA. Click here for more information.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Ryura_Kayano

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:12 am
Congratulations! cat_biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:49 am
Congrats!
We will miss you, so you will have to come back every once and a while.  

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:26 am
CONGRATS!