Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy - Intermission Minigame 1 - Game Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:10 pm
The War of Spirits - 1138

5/17/12 - 5/18/12

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1.) Declare the province you are taking action against.
2.) If versus another player: Wait for opponent to acknowledge the battle as a defender.
3.) Optional: Play cards, starting with Attacker. (Note: Spirit Armies always Pass.)
4.) You and opponent each roll 2k1, modified by any cards you played.
5.) Resolve cards, then draw card at end of battle resolution (roll RNG vs 1 less than the previous roll until I tell you otherwise).
6.) If all battles you are in are resolved, wait until 7pm EST 5/18 for the next round.

I will update this post as new players join.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:47 pm
LION
Turn #1
Attacking from L1
Attacking into I2
No cards are intended to be used.

Opening:

There was no room for nervousness in a Lion's heart. That is what Ikoma Kurotoshi thought as he rode his pony towards the advancing Spirit army. Instead, a Lion should fill himself with the tenants of bushido. Honor, most of all then duty, courage, sincerity, courtesy, and all the rest. The honor of his ancestors would guide him.

When the Ikoma finally reached the frontlines, he roared out his challange. "I am Ikoma Kurotoshi, the descendant of Matsu Kohaku, who terrorized the fiends of Fu Leng at the battle of the Cresting Waves! The woman who cowed Scorpion and Crane alike with her prowess! Who among you has the courage to challenge me!"

From the Spirit Army lines, Kurotoshi heard a woman's laughter. Rough and coarse, the laughter seemed to grow closer and closer until an ornamental little woman stood before him, with a grin on her face "I guess I am the one who should challenge you." The petite samurai-ko said. " For I am Matsu Kohaku. Show me that you've become greater than me, instead of some vain Crane hanging on my coattails!"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:22 pm
CRAB

Turn #1
Attacking from furthest right territory into red furthest right next to the water territory.
No cards.

EDIT: Cb1 into S4  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 6, 4 Total: 14 (3-30)
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:46 pm
Phoenix
Turn 1
Agasha Province P4 Attacking Imperial Province I1
Card(s) Used - 18/52: Honor of the Iron Warriors

Isawa Natsuki looked down upon the field of battle with conviction. She stood at the head of a large Shiba army steeled with their own resolve. At first they had welcomed the spirits as the most fascinating magical phenomenon to walk Rokugan since the Kami, but when the Steel Chrysanthemum laid siege to Otasan Uchi itself in a play for the throne, well... that simply could not be allowed. The council was still divided, (and generally tended to prefer diplomacy with how much they had invested in both dynasties) so she did not have the full force of the Phoenix (including much of their Shugenja), but they had the honor and force of will to overcome this new challenge.

[Battle Roll 2k1 + 2 (Card) - 8]

EDIT: +1 for Clan Bonus (attacking from Phoenix territory) = 9.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 9, 2 Total: 17 (3-30)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:58 am
Spirit Armies in I2 vs Lion (3k1) = 9.  
Rain Yupa rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 10, 7 Total: 18 (3-30)
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:59 am
Spirit Armies in I1 vs Phoenix (3k1) = 13.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 7 Total: 10 (2-20)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:01 am
Exploding dice.  
Rain Yupa rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 1, 5 Total: 12 (3-30)
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:02 am
Spirit Armies in S4 vs Crab (3k1) = 6.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 9 Total: 17 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:21 am
Crab Armies attacking S4 (2k1) = 9

Three Crabs enter a war room.

A Hida, a Kaiu and a Hiruma.

Not a single joke was made about these three only jokes of the enemies defense were made.

"Ha! That was pathetic! They wouldn't of lasted an hour even if they mounted a reasonable defense!" Declared the Hida confidently and beaming as if he just won the war.

"They were surprised we even attacked is my assumption, assuming that we'd take the familiar route and be an unmovable force. Surprised they must of been when a full force of Hida bushi's forced them out." Stated the Kaiu still as serious as ever.

"In the north the Phoenix and Lion have mobilised their armies and are moving against the spirit armies." Informed the Hiruma holding a messenger falcon.

"It can only be expected but they are too far away to be of an concern. The south will be ours."  
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 2 Total: 10 (3-30)
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:19 am
Lion against Spirit Army
2k1 w/ 1 to handle explosions
+1 to die roll for attacking from Lion Provinces  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:43 pm
The War of Spirits - 1139

5/18/12 - 5/19/12

Current Score
CRAB - 5 gold, 1 glory.
MANTIS - 4 gold, 0 glory.
LION - 3 gold, 0.5 glory.
PHOENIX - 3 gold, 0.5 glory.

--------------------

Lion versus Lion clashed. Swords met, armor was cleaved in twain. Screams of fury and screams of pain intermingled as similar tactics cancelled each other out. It was a pitched battle, that an untrained tactician could see going one way or another.

Ikoma Kurotoshi was no untrained tactician. While everything seemed evenly matched at a glance, a trained eye could see that the young men and women under his command were pitting themselves against elders who had an entire lifetime of experience, as well as what skills they've honed in the next life.

Conventional tactics led to a massacre; the Lion did not realize they were being overwhelmed until the call for Retreat was made. For a skirmish, they were losing FAR too many troops; this mere uprising from some upstart reincarnates was costing them far too much.

Little did the Lion realize it at the time, but they had a full-fledged war on their hands. And if they wished for victory, they'd have to treat their opponents with the honor they deserved...

--------------------

Daidoji Misato, Taisa of the Crane armies, rushed her Harriers across the land as quickly as they could. They were the closest support the Phoenix could muster, and the plan was sound; the Phoenix would hold their ground against the encroaching spirits, using the determination of the Shiba to keep the enemy at bay. The Daidoji would flank their position, and the Phoenix would wait until the distracted divided the Spirits' attentions before moving in. It would be a decisive victory, with minimal bloodshed. With any luck, this would end painlessly, and the spirits of their ancestors could be laid to rest.

Misato signaled her brothers and sisters as the sight of Amanatsu Koyama; this was it. The Phoenix would be engaged with the enemy on the other side, entrenched against the dangerous threat the spirits of the past possessed. Misato would make sure that they would defeat them as quickly and efficiently as possible; they owed these spirits no less.

Swords drawn, the Harriers would run the last distance, reaching the crest of the hill in short order. They would stop, however, surveying the scene with confusion.

There was no battle; Jigoku, this wasn't even a battlefield. This was a bloodbath, a massacre. It wasn't entirely obvious what had happened until several remnants of banners alerted them of the actual events that must have taken place.

Misato has personally seen the Shiba fight, and they were no pushovers when they were entrenched. But despite the casualties the spirits had suffered, the Phoenix's losses were several fold worse. The Spirit Army must have come with far greater numbers than scouts had projected. They had marched right over the Phoenix and into their lands.

This would not end well at all for the most peaceful clan in Rokugan.

--------------------

The Spirit Armies were currently trying to seize as much of Rokugan as possible in a bid for control and power. In addition, they would use any supplies taken by their conquest to feed and equip their troops throughout the land. Currently, a large detachment of these people had taken several Scorpion holdings hostage. They were honorable enough to not simply raze them and slaughter the peasants, but they were taking everything. The Scorpion had attempted to route them twice so far, but failed in each skirmish so far.

So, when a large detachment of Hida had marched upon the town, it had caught the Spirits by surprise. Crab? This far out of their lands? Surely, a ploy by the Scorpion. No way the Crab would be interested in aiding these people out of the goodness of their hearts. Not the SCORPION. That's the point why the Spirits were here in the first place. Perhaps they could be bought out, either to be recruited or sent back.

Diplomacy quickly failed as they realized that the Crab were not here as leverage. They were here for victory. Like an unstoppable tsunami of steel, they pressed into the ranks of the Spirits with determination, showing them that in the past centuries, the Crab have only strengthened.

The battle was as short as it was violent. The Crab suffered very little casualties, and the Spirits were broken and sent reeling, retreating in all directions. Their borders were saved, their defenses shored up because of this - and a little more food and supplies acquisitioned from the enemy to feed their own troops. The Spirits weren't using them anymore.  
Mongooseh rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 2, 9 Total: 16 (3-30)
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:56 pm
Crab 1 attacking S3 2k1 w/explosion = 5
Card Used: Kenshizen Technique +2
Attacking from home territories +1

Final: 8  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 2, 3 Total: 6 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:11 pm
LION
Turn #2
Attacking From: L4
Attacking Into: I2
Card Used: Asako Peace Talks
Bonus: +2 from card, +1 from attacking from a Lion Province
2k1 +3 w/ 1 die rolled to handle explosions.

Ikoma Shiraitoshi mourned the loss of his brother, but the will of the Lion Clan and the Honor of the Ikoma family would be met. They would fight their way to the gates of Otosan Uchi if they had to, but hopefully Shiraitoshi's old friend would help him in this matter. "Please, Asako Rei-san. Please make them see that they need to side with us and help Rokugan follow the order that has been established. Please help guide them to the future.

"I will do what I can, Ikoma-san. I can only hope that it is enough." the elder woman answered.

OOC
Results: 5  
xX_Terei_Xx rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 9, 5 Total: 15 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:13 am
Mantis Clan
Passed on Card

M4 attacking Cn4 { +1 for attacking from Mantis lands }
Roll :: 2k1 w/ 1 for explosions

Total: 10  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Rain Yupa rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 8, 4 Total: 17 (3-30)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:31 pm
Spirit Armies in S3 vs Crab (3k1) = 8.
Second highest die = 5.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers