Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
puppy scare:(

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Animelover955

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:14 pm
So guys my lil man isn't feeling to great and last night twister suddenly went downhill sad He had been fine running around being a normally puppy and up until he tried to poo he was perfectly normal. Then he had issues pooing and would freak out whining when he tried and was in obvious distress. That was all around 7-8. Then he threw up twice and refused to eat which led me to believe he might've had a intestinal blockage. So I was freaking out the entire night then got up this morning and my mom got him an app and we went to the vet, but before that he had blood coming out instead of normal poo and he was really listless. So that only freaked me out more, but when we went to the vet he palpated his abdomen and didn't feel anything and his belly wasn't hard or painful so he moved that farther down the list of what to worry about. So they ran a parvo and Giardia test because he had the right symptoms, but thankfully they we're both negative.

So we had to decide what to do next and I think the scariest part for me was that I was the only one at the vet and had to make all the calls. but yeah so we had three options x-rays, hospitalization or bring him home with subcutaneous fluids and treat his symptoms. So after talking with my dad we decided to bring him home and monitor him. They gave him 2 injections; cerenia for the nausea and famotidine to help his GI tract. And well he seems to be steadily improving. He still has the runs and seems to have a little difficulty eliminating(he has a raw bum so that might account for the difficulty), but he's eating and holding food down and he's started moving around and I even got him to play a little at one point. So seems like he's on the mend. So we're watching him and the vets supposed to call tomorrow but since he seems to be improving we won't have to go back in unless we go to get more SQ fluids just because he was having an issue with dehydration and still isn't exactly drinking the water but that's because of the SQ fluids he already has (?) So I'll learn more when he calls tomorrow.

But yes my lil man scared the crap outta me. I swear animals are put on this earth to make us go grey early. So glad he seems to be feeling better. I got him to eat some water soaked kibble as well as some wellness canned food, but planning to give a bland diet of rice and broiled chicken as well as some plain yogurt a try to see if that helps with the diarrhea  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:25 pm
It's so scary when our pets start feeling bad. We know something is wrong but they've no way to tell us what :< I'm glad you guys acted so fast!  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items