Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Been feeling eh Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyru Windwaker

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:36 am
I've had a rough couple of weeks so I've been feeling kind of blah recently so I decided to sing some old songs that I learned while volunteering at various renaissance faires. I remembered this song and remembered how much I loved singing it [despite the fact that it was song practically every day at fair] but thought I'd share with everyone. ^___^
I know it as the Peace Round and for whatever reason it makes me feel better after singing it. It's meant as a round but considering I'm only one person, I couldn't do it as a round but invite anyone to sing along if they want ^___^

Video link [yes that's me]

Lyrics:
‎"Hey ho nobody's home
Meat nor drink nor money have I none
Still I will be very merry, merry
Hey ho nobody's home

Rose, rose, rose red
Shall I ever see thee wed
I shall marry at thy will, sire,
At thy will

Ding dong, ding dong
Wedding bells on an April morn
Carve my name on moss covered stone
Moss covered stone

Ding dong, ding dong
Funeral bells on September morn
Rose, oh rose, she's dead and gone, sire
Dead and gone.

Ah, poor bird.
Take thy flight
High above the sorrows
Of this sad night

What a goodly thing
If the children of the world
Could dwell together
In peace."

Those are the lyrics I learned, but I'm fairly certain there are others that are interchangeable. smile but the tune is all the same. It's GORGEOUS in a round. You should try singing along and hear ^___^

ps. please don't judge my singing too harshly, I was nervous considering this is the first video of my singing I've shared with the world.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:24 am
I love your singing~ I think you sang great! Even better for being nervous~ I pulled up this page and attempted to sing the lyrics! xD Heh bet I broke some glass in the process~
Anyways, I think that is so sweet that this song makes you feel better~ Sounds like such a great memory with the fairs : )

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

Kyru Windwaker

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:25 pm
I love your singing~ I think you sang great! Even better for being nervous~ I pulled up this page and attempted to sing the lyrics! xD Heh bet I broke some glass in the process~
Anyways, I think that is so sweet that this song makes you feel better~ Sounds like such a great memory with the fairs : )

4laugh Thank you. >//< I'm sure you did wonderfully ^__^ and there are SO many great memories from faire. ^___^ like winning a second family. Everyone took care of everyone and had SO much fun. mrgreen I miss it SO much! thank you for watching ^___^  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:44 pm
Kyru Windwaker

4laugh Thank you. >//< I'm sure you did wonderfully ^__^ and there are SO many great memories from faire. ^___^ like winning a second family. Everyone took care of everyone and had SO much fun. mrgreen I miss it SO much! thank you for watching ^___^

You're welcome! You should sing some more songs : )
Aw~ That sounds like it was so much fun~ I love hearing that it was great ^_^ That's even the best part that everyone treats each other like family.

Kyru Windwaker

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:03 pm
Kyru Windwaker

Aw~ That sounds like it was so much fun~ I love hearing that it was great ^_^ That's even the best part that everyone treats each other like family.

redface I don't think I could sing more. xp at least not until after I take voice lessons. Then maybe I'll have more confidence in my singing. sweatdrop
ikr! ^___^ everyone was SO accepting there. ^___^ and honestly, if it weren't for my first faire then I wouldn't have been so outgoing as I am. I use to be SUPER shy but everyone was so supportive and helpful that I eventually broke out of my shell. XD for the most part. I still have tiny shyness issues with performing in front of people. xd

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:24 pm
That is actually pretty good. The song sounds pretty yet has a haunting feeling to it. Great song. ^^  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Kyru Windwaker

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:15 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
That is actually pretty good. The song sounds pretty yet has a haunting feeling to it. Great song. ^^

redface thank you. My favorite lines are the last two XD  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:49 pm
Kyru Windwaker
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

You're welcome. ^^ My favorite line is the third to the last.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:19 pm
Kyru Windwaker
Kyru Windwaker

redface I don't think I could sing more. xp at least not until after I take voice lessons. Then maybe I'll have more confidence in my singing. sweatdrop
ikr! ^___^ everyone was SO accepting there. ^___^ and honestly, if it weren't for my first faire then I wouldn't have been so outgoing as I am. I use to be SUPER shy but everyone was so supportive and helpful that I eventually broke out of my shell. XD for the most part. I still have tiny shyness issues with performing in front of people. xd

You should! Your voice is truly great, and it would become even better if you took lessons! You have a great voice, and you should use it~ ^_^
I'm so glad~ That's awesome it helped you a bit with your shyness : ) Why did you have to leave the fair?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:48 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Kyru Windwaker
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

You're welcome. ^^ My favorite line is the third to the last.

^__^ those are great lines mrgreen I like hearing the other verses people come up with or show me. Always so interesting.

Kyru Windwaker

Kyru Windwaker

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:53 pm
Kyru Windwaker
Kyru Windwaker

You should! Your voice is truly great, and it would become even better if you took lessons! You have a great voice, and you should use it~ ^_^
I'm so glad~ That's awesome it helped you a bit with your shyness : ) Why did you have to leave the fair?
redface I was gonna. But my voice class last semester got canceled so I'll have to try again. XD which means I'll be taking 5 classes this semester @___@ hurty hurt. ^___^  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:01 am
Kyru Windwaker
Kyru Windwaker
Kyru Windwaker

redface I was gonna. But my voice class last semester got canceled so I'll have to try again. XD which means I'll be taking 5 classes this semester @___@ hurty hurt. ^___^

I'm sorry! I hope you are able to take them again~ : )
That's alright though, it's worth it~ But you know, when you sang in the video you reminded me of the lead singer from Evanescence, truly!

Kyru Windwaker

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:52 am
Kyru Windwaker
Kyru Windwaker

That's alright though, it's worth it~ But you know, when you sang in the video you reminded me of the lead singer from Evanescence, truly!
@____@ holy gods that's the best compliment I've ever had. heart heart heart heart heart heart heart I WISH I was as good as Amy Lee. She is AMAZING and my idol. XD! I would LOVE to have her voice or be coached by her, even if it's just once.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:54 am
Kyru Windwaker
Kyru Windwaker
Kyru Windwaker

@____@ holy gods that's the best compliment I've ever had. heart heart heart heart heart heart heart I WISH I was as good as Amy Lee. She is AMAZING and my idol. XD! I would LOVE to have her voice or be coached by her, even if it's just once.

Heh it's true! You can become just as great of a singer as she can ^o^
I agree~ Her voice is so pure, but is strong as well! That would be neat! You never know, it may happen!

Kyru Windwaker

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:00 am
Kyru Windwaker
Kyru Windwaker

Heh it's true! You can become just as great of a singer as she can ^o^
I agree~ Her voice is so pure, but is strong as well! That would be neat! You never know, it may happen!

SO pure! and clear and when she belts I just die. XD! it'd be super amazing awesome. cat_whee Have you ever heard her song Angel of Mine?  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff