Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:48 pm
ninja

I was working at the clinic, when I met Elliot, a sweet mannered Tabby who, I taught to "give props". Elliot had been in foster for 6 months, he was good with dogs, laid back, very friendly. I had to have him. He was the perfect cat for my store. It was discovered however that he had fluid in his lungs, and though we were willing to raise money to save him, the vets strongly suggested euthanasia as his prognosis was not goog. Elliot ( or Romeo as I called him) died yesterday and I didn't get to say goodbye sad

However all this talk of a store cat brought to my attention another cat, downstairs so I had not met her, was going to be released outside Friday now that she's spayed and her kittens are weaned. She wasn't even on petfinder! No one was going to give her a chance since we're practically overflowing with kittens.

I picked her up today.
User Image
Don't think shes ever had a bed before, she sure looovvees this one though.

User Image

When she first got here, she hid in a corner, for like, 2hrs. When the store owner came in, she wanted to meet her, so she pulled her out. She let herself be pet, and walked around a bit. Then she discovered the bathroom, a nice, cozy, lil room, away from the commotion and noise. So I set her up with a litter a bowl of water, and that ugly pink bed no one would buy even at 50% off. She loovvveesss it. She lay in her new bed for...a good 5 hours. And while she wasn't afraid of us and talked to us when we went to check on her, she did not care to come out. I gave her a toy, and she started playing, but if it crossed the line where the hallway meets the store, she would sit and wait for someone to toss it back.

Finally, after several hours, she came out, and explored.
User Image

And being that she'd lived in a cage for, maybe 3 weeks, she was having a blast running from one end to the other.

The only problem is I caught her trying to chew through a bag of dog food. I filled her bowl with food in the hopes she won't be hungry and will leave that alone. Worse case we can lock her up at night, but we were hoping she could be a mouser. Also, not sure how she is with dogs, we had a couple in today, but she hasn't really had any close encounters yet. We also need to be careful she doesn't get out. I put a good bell on her, so we can hear her coming, a sign warning customers not to let her out, and an ID tube, just in case. Not an issue yet, but perhaps as she gets less skidish shell hang around the door more.

We're calling her Pharah, not everyone agrees on it yet lol  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:10 am
So sorry to hear about Elliot. Hope Pharah works out as a mouser. But I'm afraid that those bags of [dog] food are more than likely going to be too much of a temptation for her.

When my uncle died, we took his tortoise shell calico cat in. Since having Smokey around, I have not seen a single mouse in my house! emotion_awesome Only problem is that I have not found any "presents" either. I think Smokey may have a stash of remains hidden down in the basement somewhere.
ninja  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:25 am
i like the name. and she sounds like one lucky kitty!  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:41 am
Eileen50
So sorry to hear about Elliot. Hope Pharah works out as a mouser. But I'm afraid that those bags of [dog] food are more than likely going to be too much of a temptation for her.

When my uncle died, we took his tortoise shell calico cat in. Since having Smokey around, I have not seen a single mouse in my house! emotion_awesome Only problem is that I have not found any "presents" either. I think Smokey may have a stash of remains hidden down in the basement somewhere.
ninja

Ahaha, yuk. Maybe he eats them? I've seen Rascal eat a whole mouse. I gave her a big bowl of the same brand she was trying to steal. The Loyall which is made by a sister company of Purina. Cats are seriously addicted to the stuff. Once I did she left the bags alone. And when I left, she still had food left in her bowl. Hopefully enough for the night. I'm anxious to check on her, even though I'm off today and tomorrow. She gets her stitches out Friday and when I bring her in, I want her to be in one piece so they don't think we're a bad home. She had an e collar when I picked her up, she was so scared when she arrived I took it off figuring she'd have an easier time exploring, and I didn't see her lick herself all day so I left it off overnight too, but with no one there with her, I'm like, aagghh, maybe she's licked at em all night! gonk

Also wondering if I should be feeding her free sample bags that we're overflowing with, like the Loyall. Or if I can take a bag off the shelf of something good for her. Her fur is so scruffy, I wana give her some Acana Pacifica lol. I can't believe I didn't look through her file to see what was going on with her. I completely forgot she'd been on meds. I hope they were finished crying They hadn't mentioned anything about it when I told them I was taking her. Maybe she had a skin condition, maybe that's why she had the cone. Ugh, stressed. I feel completely responsible for this cat till Friday. After Friday she becomes the store cat. But till then, anything happens and I gotta explain it to my clinic.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:09 pm
I went in to check on her today. First off, she did not destroy the place last night. I brought Cowboy so they met. That went pretty well. She curved her back and made herself look big...er. And Cowboy kept his distance, but, he would have anyway, he's scared of all cats. Then she got nice and comfortable on one of the beds on display. My boss told me she's been following her around all morning. And she already has her foster dog ( a lil cocker mix) trained to keep her distance. Before leaving I noticed she'd moved on to another of the display beds. She's testing out all our products and has made herself very much at home. The boss doesn't even want me to take her back to have the stitches removed. She's like, ppfff, you can do that! She's not going anywhere she just got settled! And I suppose that's true, but I don't wana upset anyone at the clinic either.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:32 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

She's adorable! heart

And sorry to hear about your last cat.  

angelbankai45

Friendly Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Voter 100

Akiska

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:23 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
I went in to check on her today. First off, she did not destroy the place last night. I brought Cowboy so they met. That went pretty well. She curved her back and made herself look big...er. And Cowboy kept his distance, but, he would have anyway, he's scared of all cats. Then she got nice and comfortable on one of the beds on display. My boss told me she's been following her around all morning. And she already has her foster dog ( a lil cocker mix) trained to keep her distance. Before leaving I noticed she'd moved on to another of the display beds. She's testing out all our products and has made herself very much at home. The boss doesn't even want me to take her back to have the stitches removed. She's like, ppfff, you can do that! She's not going anywhere she just got settled! And I suppose that's true, but I don't wana upset anyone at the clinic either.

Personally I'd take her back, when we had Jasmine spayed [lil himalayan cat] Her incision looked sealed to everyone, and when the vet took out the stitches a good 1.5 cm of it reopened, and they ended up doing something to reclose that one part. So unless you're equipped to handle that sort of thing going on in the store...  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:26 pm
Eileen50

ninja

Dimples and Jasmine always ate their mice, every once in a while we'd find a tail, but only once did we find a whole mouse, and that was when Jasmine had kittens before we spayed her [We'd caged her to keep her safe until she was out of heat, and she slipped out of the cage when my gram was feeding her.], and she was teaching them to hunt.  

Akiska

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:42 pm
Another cat I used to have a long time ago (a white, tan and black calico) always left "presents" for me. Tinker would catch the mice and play with them until they didn't move anymore. Then she'd leave the deceased where I would find them, usually in a walkway between rooms. Sometimes they'd be missing a tail or a foot, but were usually intact for the most part.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:06 pm
I brought her in because she also needed to be vaccinated. She had a tooth pulled while staying at the clinic due to a dental abscess. She's FLV&FIV negative and had a revolution treatment (and of course been spayed). I have to bring her back in a month for boosters, which might be awkward as im handing in my notice tonight gonk

But as of today, she's officially adopted! I want to buy her something to celebrate lol. I think when I work on Sunday I will buy her a slim cat ball. Not that she needs to lose weight or anything, just something to do at night.

SHE is still nameless however.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

MC scarlet96

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:22 pm
She is so cute, she reminds me of one of the stray cats that run around my neighborhood except that one was I think a male b/c that was a big cat. Srry for ur loss by the way, R.I.P Elliot.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:46 pm
I still vote for Lilem, LIttle Mamma see biggrin its so purdy!  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items