Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
You're a f*****t! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:15 pm
have you ever been called a f*****t for being gay?
what did you do?
and if you haven't been called a f*****t, what would you do if they did?
have any comeback lines? post'em.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:36 pm
I might have, as I been basically called everything it seems. I remember I was with my family at some mall nearby some beach (we went to a wedding the day before). It was cold, so I wore my black slacks, a shirt and tie (that originally went with a skirt, it was based off the schoolgirl look) and a jacket and saw a group of girls looking at me and saying all sorts things about me, giving dirty looks and whispering.

I couldn't hear everything they said, but what they said was mean and they said it in front of me and mom too (not sure if she heard or not). I just tried to ignore them as I didn't know them and would never see them again, but it was hurtful. The only thing I remember was them saying to stay away from me as I must be a lesbian, as if I was disease or something.

As for a comeback, I might use to turn into something else. Such as "At least people think I'm smokin" as in hot (as 1. it can be used as a term for cigarettes in England and 2. as a term that came from bundle of sticks and twigs used for fuel, though it was often used to burn people at the stake unfortunately a long time ago). If they are going to use a hurtful term and don't know the meaning behind, they aren't worth getting too involved/serious with and flaming them back doesn't really help or trying to get too upset over as they want that kind of reaction, but they don't expect it being turned around.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:20 am
I got called names more often before I came out, actually. I guess it became less funny once I was out?

Them: "Hey, f**! You're like, gay! Hurr hurr hurr hurr..."
Me: "And...?"
Them: "...Stop...uhh....being so gay...and stuff..."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:26 am
Coincidentally, I just posted this on Facebook...

Igtenos' Facebook
Lol~ I'd rather be called a "f**" than be called "stupid." The term "f**" has greatly lost its spark (at least in my eyes) and using it implies that your levels of vocabulary and maturity are way too low to think of something better. On the other hand, using "stupid" implies that I'm of lesser intelligence than you. You can make fun of my sexuality all you want - that's not going to bug me. However, insult my brain, and I swear I will beat you with a graphing calculator.

wink

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:38 am
ive been called a f*****t a couple times when i was in highschool. i either just ignored them or corrected them saying that since i was bi i was only half a f*****t  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:01 am
lgtenos
Coincidentally, I just posted this on Facebook...

Igtenos' Facebook
Lol~ I'd rather be called a "f**" than be called "stupid." The term "f**" has greatly lost its spark (at least in my eyes) and using it implies that your levels of vocabulary and maturity are way too low to think of something better. On the other hand, using "stupid" implies that I'm of lesser intelligence than you. You can make fun of my sexuality all you want - that's not going to bug me. However, insult my brain, and I swear I will beat you with a graphing calculator.

wink

I really really like that.

I've not been called a f** but it isn't common knowledge to the people around me that I'm not straight. I have used the term to refer to myself though when I'm around those that are aware of my sexuality.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:13 am
I think I've been called that over the internet, and my reply was "So what? If I were a f**, what would be the problem with that?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:02 am
online in yahoo chat. The guy thought i was totally cool, sexy, full of knowledge and a great girl, until he asked me if I had a boyfriend or would go out with him.
When I told him I was not into males but into girls he called me a fagot and went on to say I was ugly, dumb, and should die like the rest of the fagots out there.
It was interesting how fast his opinion of me changed when I told him I was not straight.
I asked him why was it that when he thought I was straight that he was alright with me and thought highly of me but when he found out I was not he ridiculde me.
Ended up with Yahoo kicking me out of the chat for the next 48 hours but my sibling noticed that the one that was making fun of me was still premitted to be in the chat room and to swear and talk bad about people.
Yahoo kicked me out for standing up for myself but left the bully in the chat room.
The only difference was that he was a heterosexual male and I was homosexual female. You do the math

MistyMary24

Astral Mage

21,825 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Dragon Uprising 75

Heartless_requiem

Tipsy Loiterer

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:24 am
One day someone called me a fatass f*****t and to go suck a c**k.

So i smacked his a** and asked him when we should meet up.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:36 pm
MistyMary24
online in yahoo chat. The guy thought i was totally cool, sexy, full of knowledge and a great girl, until he asked me if I had a boyfriend or would go out with him.
When I told him I was not into males but into girls he called me a fagot and went on to say I was ugly, dumb, and should die like the rest of the fagots out there.
It was interesting how fast his opinion of me changed when I told him I was not straight.
I asked him why was it that when he thought I was straight that he was alright with me and thought highly of me but when he found out I was not he ridiculde me.
Ended up with Yahoo kicking me out of the chat for the next 48 hours but my sibling noticed that the one that was making fun of me was still premitted to be in the chat room and to swear and talk bad about people.
Yahoo kicked me out for standing up for myself but left the bully in the chat room.
The only difference was that he was a heterosexual male and I was homosexual female. You do the math

well your problem was you were on yahoo, it has about as much smarts as youtube comments XD  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:56 pm
Heartless_requiem
One day someone called me a fatass f*****t and to go suck a c**k.

So i smacked his a** and asked him when we should meet up.

Ohmygod. XD You actually did that? What happened?

And I haven't been called anything like "f*****t," but I have been called easy because I'm panromantic. The person who called me easy should do some research.

If I was called a f*****t, I'd probably just smile, say "thank you!" in a sickeningly sweet voice, and move on like I usually do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:30 pm
Taeryyn
I got called names more often before I came out, actually. I guess it became less funny once I was out?

Them: "Hey, f**! You're like, gay! Hurr hurr hurr hurr..."
Me: "And...?"
Them: "...Stop...uhh....being so gay...and stuff..."

GENIUS  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

shares_stomach_acid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:03 pm
I got teased a lot before I came out. And by the time I did, people already knew that I didn't really care what they thought, one of the only good side effects of a small town. Whenever someone called me something i would usually just shrug and agree, or be like "Okay, whatever" if/when someone call's me a f**, or something similar, i'll most likely just do the same thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:10 pm
MistyMary24

My response would have been:

"You mad, bro?" emotion_awesome

"Man, you just mad cause you can't have all of this, son."

Nothing annoys people more than when they can't get a rise out of someone.

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

II-Cruel Intentions

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:28 pm
When someone yells, "Hey Dyke!" at my back, I turn around and say, "Yes?" emotion_awesome  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff