Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NinebB0nesfr33d

Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:35 pm
User Image
Anguis Lingua

His long ears swayed lightly as he traveled briskly through the tight pathways of the city. The bustle and loud noises left Crackle on edge. He much preferred the solitude in the wilderness, but he was low on supplies and he was long overdue for a hot meal that didn't make his own stomach churn. The silver druid watched the others move around quietly. He knew he stuck out in the crowd, his unease was obvious to others. Despite the whispers of the others, Crackle never let anyone's judgement really bother him. He was certain that there was a general shop somewhere nearby, but the crowds had everything turned upside down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:49 pm
NinebB0nesfr33d

User Image

"Inhale, slowly," Though his eyes were closed, Savris smiled as he heard the collective intake of breath from the half-dozen kats surrounding them. "Now hold... exhale slowly, and feel the air leave your lungs." His golden eyes flashed as he opened them, looking around slowly. "Excellent, my friends. You're learning well."

The Fae Long stood up slowly, and his students followed. "When's the next lesson, Mr. Lothra?" A chewawae asked. Savris chuckled. Staxi was a mean scrapper, but she took her meditation as seriously as she took her fighting..

"In three days, Staxi. In the meantime, I hope you all will continue to practice your breathing and mediation." He cast his eyes at a large, black Viking with skull-and-bones across his body. "Especially you, Tullok. I would rather not hear about you starting more fights just because you think someone's trying to take your traps."

Tullok grumbled as the rest of the crowd chuckled, and it slowly began to disperse. Savris stretched lazily as he looked around the park. "Mmm... I do believe some coffee is in order." He chuckled as he began his walk through the park. Meditation expert he might be, but he would be the first to admit to a weakness for strong, black coffee.

Ducking through the park and slipping into the crowded street, the fae long sighed in annoyance. He disliked crowds, the fact the town was swelling with people due to the upcoming annual celebration didn't help. Savris barely resisted the temptation to start elbowing his way through when he walked right into a kat of silver and black. "Oof!" Stumbling backwards, Savris dusted himself off quickly before looking up. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to slam into you."  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

NinebB0nesfr33d

Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:51 pm
User Image
Anguis Lingua

Crackle fell back and his eyes went wide in surprise. He regarded the Faelong for a long moment before holding up his hands to calm himself down.

"It's fine, no harm done. Are you alright?"

Crackle voice was soft, as if trying not to draw more attention to the two of them. There were already annoyed glances as they took a space in the narrow pathway. He reached out and lightly pulled the faelong off to the side of the path to make sure he was alright.

"The fact is, I rather like being slammed."

His voice was teasing and sharp, but his face remained friendly. He wasn't at all threatening, but he was well aware that he had just made a very inappropriate joke. He'd go all day with the jokes if he was allowed. Perhaps the city could unload a few of those jokes out of that arsenal of a brain he has. He then made a motion back, to step back from the faelong.

"I apologize for being abrupt and inappropriate. My name is Crackle."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:59 pm
NinebB0nesfr33d

Savris's lips quirked upwards at the joke even as he let the druid lead them off the path. "No worries, good sir. This unusual crush of people is enough to make anyone rather abrupt. As much as I enjoy the city, I dislike the annual city birthday fair."

He brushed himself off and checked to make sure the druid was okay. Savris couldn't help notice the long, lean build. Or the rather impressive wooden blade that took up his left hand. "I am Savris. Savris Lothra. I haven't seen you here before, Crackle, what brings you to the city, if I may ask?"  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

NinebB0nesfr33d

Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Anguis Lingua

Crackle rose up his wooden blade to show off to the faelong. Twisting it over and then giving a devious smirk before letting it drop back down.

"I'm in need of supplies. I normally fair very well in the woods, but my supplies are down and I need to restock."

Crackle's long ears pricked up a bit as a thought struck him.

"Would you mind showing me to a nearby tavern for food, Savris? I'm in need of some food after traveling into the city."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:30 pm
NinebB0nesfr33d

Savris smiled and nodded. "Certainly. You must not come to town often, the general store is four blocks back the way you came." He chuckled as he looked around, then pointed. "Let's go there for some food, they have decent food for good prices, and make a wonderful fire-blossom tea."

He took a long, sideways glance at the druid as they made their way across the street and headed for the tavern. The inside was dim and cool, the air spiced with the smell of sizzling meats, vegetable stews, and alcohol. Savris smiled as he pulled the chair out for the druid. "Please, have a seat. Are you far from your normal home? If so, resupplying takes time, and I wouldn't advise leaving the town at night, especially with gangs preying on the pilgrims coming in."  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

NinebB0nesfr33d

Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Anguis Lingua

Crackle bowed his head and sank into the seat, looking up at Savris.

"I plan on spending a few nights in the city. I am not familiar with this city, so it will take a little longer for me to gather all the right things. So what do you do in the city, Savris?"

Crackle looked around quietly, taking in the smell of the shop. It smelled divine and comforting. He drew in another breath, finally relaxing in the small shop.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:51 pm
NinebB0nesfr33d

Savris smiled as he took his seat across from the druid. "I teach meditation to those who seek some balance in their lives. I used to travel from town to town, but I find I enjoy this city, so I live in an apartment near the main park."

He smiled as a waitress came by and dropped off glasses of water. "Fire blossom tea for me, please. And if that is steak that I smell, place an order for me and my friend here also. Thank you dear."

The kat smiled and nodded before slipping through the crowd and disappearing into the back. Savris smiled as he took a sip of water. "The inns are going to be packed with the birthday celebration going on, Crackle. If I may, I can offer you a place to stay for the time being at my home. It's small, and sparse, but better than dealing with strangers and paying inflated prices for small rooms." He smiled as he put his guess into words. "And perhaps I can help you with whatever seems to be bothering you, if you will allow me to."  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

NinebB0nesfr33d

Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Anguis Lingua

Crackled picked up the glass of water and considered the offer quietly for a long moment. He was by no means one to take offers from strangers, but the offer was sincere and convenient. The city was already crazy with people, and if it would save more money for haggling for supplies, then Crackle would most certainly risk it.

"It's kind of you to offer your home to me, Savris. I will most certainly be grateful and accept your offer. So tell me, am I that easy to read that you can see that something is wrong?"

Crackle had a half dozen things that were wrong, but there was one thing far beneath everything that was still scratching away at him. That over dramatic vampire. He needed to be forgotten.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:13 pm
NinebB0nesfr33d

Savris chuckled and smiled as he took a sip of water. "Believe it or not, I used to be something of a hell-raiser in my youth, Crackle. However, I've since learned to attune my magical essence so I can pick up the... ah, 'vibes' of the people around me." He took another sip. "At first, it was hard, dealing with sometimes hundreds or thousands of people around me. But after a decade of practice, I've learned to move through it like a seasnake moves through water."

He smiled as the waitress set a pot of fire blossom tea by his side. Pouring himself a cup, he took a sip. "Mmm, not bad, needs to steep a little more though." He poured another cup and offered it to Crackle. "Anyways, I can see something is bothering you, something rather... significant. I would guess-" His mouth snapped shut. "I'm sorry, I am overstepping my bounds, I do not wish to pry into your personal life."  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

NinebB0nesfr33d

Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Anguis Lingua

Crackle lets out a chuckle before taking a cup of the tea, and sipping it carefully.

"There is nothing personal about my life. Secrets are like poisons. So everything I do is out in the open, however. This little scandal nearly cost me my reputation with the other Druids. I had fallen quite quickly and quite foolishly for someone I should have. I can't say with honesty that I'm over it. At times I'm angry about it and wish nothing but harm onto everyone in the way, then there are times when I wish I had ended his existence during the fights we had. The confusion and frustration would have ended there. The boy is a manipulative little b*****d, but I'm so stuck on him."

Crackle let it all out. He wasn't ashamed of falling for Elijah, or for revealing the fact that he was most certainly gay. The opinions of others never really held much concern for Crackle. Crackle was in every way, a very honest druid. He'd rather die than tell a lie to anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:40 pm
NinebB0nesfr33d

Savris reached across the table and gently patted the druid's hand. "I thought it might be something relationship related. I am sorry to hear that, Crackle." He picked up his tea and took a slow sip. "A relationship built upon conflict is never easy, particularly if he is as bad as you say. Unfortunately, the heart listens to no one but itself."

He looked up as their food was placed before them. Savris cut a piece and chewed on it thoughtfully for a minute. "Crackle, if I may, I would like to offer to teach you some meditation techniques that may help you regain some of the balance you have lost in dealing with this situation."  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

NinebB0nesfr33d

Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Anguis Lingua

"Meditation techniques?"

He rolled the idea around in his own mind for a little while, then answered slowly.

"I would most certainly enjoy to learn a few new techniques to help. I'm sure you know much more about the subject than I do. I see no harm coming from it."

The smile stretched across Crackle's face before he gripped the tea cup roughly and sipped the tea. His eyes darkened as the scorching fluid stung his lower lip. He swallowed the mouthful quickly before letting the cup clink back down.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:41 am
NinebB0nesfr33d

Savris smiled. "Wonderful! I'm sure I can teach you some techniques to help quiet your mind, and help you move closer back to being in balance with those around you." He took another bit of meat, eyes flicking towards the druid, before cutting away. "I will help you at the general store, the kat there tends to overcharge newcomers, particularly around this time." The fae long chuckled. "However, he will give me a fair deal, since his wife and daughter take my classes."

His eyes twinkled in amusement as he finished his meal, placing fork and knife cross-ways on the dish. Savris' eyes watched as the druid finished his meal, seeming to linger a second too long before he stood up and stretched. "Shall we go, friend?"  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

NinebB0nesfr33d

Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Anguis Lingua

Crackle stood up after finishing his food. His eyes scanning over Savris carefully. Taking a stranger up on a generous offer, this is surely all it is. However, there was a though lingering in the back of his mind. A darker thought that he was normally able to handle well. Crackle was not one for impulses, but he felt driven to learn more. Not about meditation. He couldn't give a care in the world for meditation, but this faelong had him intrigued.

"I appreciate your kindness and help, Savris. You are making this trip into town far less stressful than I had feared it was going to be. Yes, let us go."

Crackle followed behind the faelong quietly. He wasn't quite sure what to expect, but he moved without hesitation. Crackle was a very perceptive druid and could sense something beneath the generosity from Savris. Precisely what it was lurking between them was yet to be established, but it was apparent that something was going to surface and soon.

◕ Roleplay: Faetasia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff