Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
I'm making my novel into a film :) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:00 am
Hey everyone!
So.. I've been writing a novel for a little over a year now.
It's almost finished, and almost ready to be published.
Now, I've wanted to make a "trailer" for the novel itself for a while,
and was just planning on making that and puttin it on youtube,
for my friends who want to read the book, to see.

I've decided to go ahead and make an entire film out of the book!
I just finished the teaser-trailer for it, and would love your opinion on it biggrin
I'm planning on submitting the film itself to Sundance and some other film festivals.
Now, remember this is a teaser trailer, so it doesn't really tell
much about what the book's about.

Even though I made the trailer, I was shocked at how it turned out,
i think it looks very nice.
Thanks if you watch and let me know if you liked it or not!

heart

Click To Watch Trailer  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:05 am
While I can't give an opinion about the concept of the story as I don't know anything about it, but the music and trailer looked nice.

Congrats on your novel! I might check it out sometime. Good luck with the filming as well. smile  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:07 am
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
While I can't give an opinion about the concept of the story as I don't know anything about it, but the music and trailer looked nice.

Congrats on your novel! I might check it out sometime. Good luck with the filming as well. smile

yeh, I know razz
Once the trailer itself is done I'll post it here as well.
But thanks so much!

heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:35 am
wiccan_sk8er
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

yeh, I know razz
Once the trailer itself is done I'll post it here as well.
But thanks so much!

heart

I look forward to seeing the trailer once it is done and you're welcome. biggrin  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Bigbadbo3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:53 am
Yeah, the teaser trailer definitely piqued my interest, and the music was pretty good. If I watch the movie, I'll definitely read the novel first, 'cause there's so many creative ideas in books that you can't fit into a movie. Congrats on the chance to publish your novel and adapt it to a movie. I hope it all goes well for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:38 am
I thought is was ok.  

Ryura_Kayano

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:17 pm
Bigbadbo3
Yeah, the teaser trailer definitely piqued my interest, and the music was pretty good. If I watch the movie, I'll definitely read the novel first, 'cause there's so many creative ideas in books that you can't fit into a movie. Congrats on the chance to publish your novel and adapt it to a movie. I hope it all goes well for you.

Thank you very much!! =] I'll keep you posted.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:24 pm
wiccan_sk8er
Bigbadbo3

What's the book about?  

Alashuko The Fighter

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:34 pm
It's very nice. ^_^ It got my attention and made me curious about the book, advertising is everything when it comes to selling a book. It looks professional and pretty.

Good luck on the publishing!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:27 pm
congrats on having more initiative than me biggrin

ive been sayng ima write a novel for a few years lol...take a wild guess how far i've gotten.  

Heartless_requiem

Tipsy Loiterer

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:54 pm
Alashuko The Fighter
wiccan_sk8er
Bigbadbo3

What's the book about?

I'll give you the book synopsis [It's the writing on the back of the book that gives a short description of what it's about.]

"Beaten by his parents, bullied at school, molested by his uncle, 12-year-old Faygen Grey feels he has no place in the world. He's seen things most people never seen in their lifetime. Trying to escape the dark and fearful world he lives in, he finds refuge in the local library. Having lost his innocence, he turns to his imagination to make life brighter. The books begin to fuel his existence, and soon his imagination and reality become intertwined, to the point where the books become reality. From seeing a girl in a blue dress fall down a rabbit hole, to a medieval battle breaking out in the middle of school, Fayben begins to feel he finally fits in. But when a stranger at school becomes his best, and only friend, he discovers that reality may actually be the best place for him."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:55 pm
Belethiel
It's very nice. ^_^ It got my attention and made me curious about the book, advertising is everything when it comes to selling a book. It looks professional and pretty.

Good luck on the publishing!

Awesome, thank you so much! =D
I'll be sure to keep everyone posted, to let them know when
the official trailer will be out smile  

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:55 pm
Heartless_requiem

ive been sayng ima write a novel for a few years lol...take a wild guess how far i've gotten.

Thanks! biggrin

Uhm.. idk, the first page? =P  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:58 pm
wiccan_sk8er
Heartless_requiem

Thanks! biggrin

Uhm.. idk, the first page? =P

not even  

Heartless_requiem

Tipsy Loiterer

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Inari Lugria

7,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 pm
wiccan_sk8er

It was a nice trailer...but just a little constructive criticism I noticed the 3 ring loose leaf paper in the book XP... I wrk in film so i pay attention to the little details but generally it was put together really well.. wats your book about?  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff