Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
First Date Nerves

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:29 am
Okay, so some of you ladies may remember me talking about my friend that liked me, and I ended up liking him too? If you dont, here is a link: click!

Well, on the 3rd of July, I have a lunch date with him, and well. Never been on a date, so I am alitte nervous.

Advice and/or tips would be very much appreciated before then emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:27 am
Just relax and be yourself. He's just a guy and he is still the guy that has been your friend this whole time. If you stress or act different he will notice and it may be off putting. Good luck and have fun! I'm sure the two of you will have a great time. 3nodding  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:38 am
ll-Frantic-ll
Just relax and be yourself. He's just a guy and he is still the guy that has been your friend this whole time. If you stress or act different he will notice and it may be off putting. Good luck and have fun! I'm sure the two of you will have a great time. 3nodding

Thanks.. This really helps. Do you have any tips on how not to over dress? Cause I don't want to show up way over dressed D:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:42 am
M i n i R e d S t a r s
Thanks.. This really helps. Do you have any tips on how not to over dress? Cause I don't want to show up way over dressed D:

It just depends on how you normally dress, what you'll be doing, and where you're going.
You could dress up slightly if you want, maybe play on your normal casual dress and add some cute accessories or makeup or something, maybe?
This part I'm not the best at. XD  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:46 am
ll-Frantic-ll
M i n i R e d S t a r s

It just depends on how you normally dress, what you'll be doing, and where you're going.
You could dress up slightly if you want, maybe play on your normal casual dress and add some cute accessories or makeup or something, maybe?

We're just heading to a cafe.. And I guess we are just talking, eating.. etc. I guess I'll play it safe and dress how I noramally do, and maybe add a necklace or something

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:47 am
M i n i R e d S t a r s

User Image
Aww~! I'm really excited for you~!

I can't really add anymore than Frantic has already posted. Just be your awesome self~!

If you get really nervous you can practice breathing techniques. Breathe in long and slow through your nose, hold for a couple of seconds and then exhale slowly through the mouth to slow down your heart beat and help you to relax. If that makes you feel uncomfortable then try it without holding your breathe, i've just always found that works for me and helps to clear the mind, too~!

He'll probably be a little nervous, too. So don't worry.
I hope you have lots of fun~!

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:01 pm
M i n i R e d S t a r s
ll-Frantic-ll
M i n i R e d S t a r s

We're just heading to a cafe.. And I guess we are just talking, eating.. etc. I guess I'll play it safe and dress how I noramally do, and maybe add a necklace or something

awww ^u^
My current boyfriend took me to go get cupcakes for our first date, and i was super nervous about what to wear. Same deal when i met his parents (i later realized i wore the same thing for both occasions, but i looked good so you know... ;D)
so it really depends on where you are going and how you dress, as frantic has said.
You dont want to make it obvious that you have dressed up if you dont normally dress dressed-up, expcecially because it would be weird if you did and he didnt. Personally, i already dress nice no matter where i am. i find the median between dressy and casual for how i normally dress, and then i do my hair or wear an extra bracelet or two (because i already play with jewelry, but i dont always do my hair)
For a cafe i would go with a dark denim for pants, normal sneakers/flats (none that are too raggy), and a nice blouse, maybe a cardigan, and some minor statement jewelry
(refer to this little chart i made that will help you sort out which of your clothing goes into which categories: click here dear smile )

just be yourself, and have fun!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:11 pm
kaela2015

Aristocrat In Pink

Aww. Thats so much for this girls. I've been so nervous, I dont know what to wear and AH!! I was thinking of wearing jeans, singlet, scarf and a pair of flats, and some jewelery, ring, neckalce. Ooo, and a cardigan, because its cold at the moment D:

But I'm not so worried about the clothes at the moment, I am more nervous about the rest of it. Like, am I going to kiss him (haven't kissed anyone before) or am I not going to. I'm just nervous about it all...

But all the adive is great.. I guess I need to relax and such..

I've got another question. How do I tell me parents? I said to my mum that I am going with my friend to a cafe, I didn't right out say "I'm going on a date" but I made it pretty obvious.. But alas, she didn't pick up on it D:

M i n i R e d S t a r s

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:38 pm
M i n i R e d S t a r s
kaela2015

Aristocrat In Pink

Aww. Thats so much for this girls. I've been so nervous, I dont know what to wear and AH!! I was thinking of wearing jeans, singlet, scarf and a pair of flats, and some jewelery, ring, neckalce. Ooo, and a cardigan, because its cold at the moment D:

But I'm not so worried about the clothes at the moment, I am more nervous about the rest of it. Like, am I going to kiss him (haven't kissed anyone before) or am I not going to. I'm just nervous about it all...

I've got another question. How do I tell me parents? I said to my mum that I am going with my friend to a cafe, I didn't right out say "I'm going on a date" but I made it pretty obvious.. But alas, she didn't pick up on it D:

Oh! i had the exact same problem!
The conversation between me and my mom for the first date with my current boyfriend went something like this:
I walked into her office while she was playing some sort of game on her Ipad, and i sat down backwards in her rolly chair (cause i love doing that). I needed to tell her, or my dad, so i picked her. i kept stalling. i opened my mouth ready to talk, and then i gave up. i ended up starting off by saying: "Hey mom. guess what?"
by this point you have to keep going. she asked what. i said "so you know how im like... hot stuff at school this year?" and she said yea (because so many guys have flirted with me and asked me out it isnt funny). i said "Well... one of my friends asked me if i wanted to go get cupcakes with him saturday".
she looked at me and laughed. but long story short, start the conversation, keep it humorous, because it makes things easier on the whole family, keep it simple because who wants to talk that long about something as nerve racking as that right?, and.... pshhhhhh.... thats about it

as for kissing him... no rush on it... trust me... super icky... XD i know i sound 4 when i say it, but its really quite gross. i havent gotten over my first kiss and we had dated for almost 2 months at the time. pretty gross.we havent kissed and have hardly even held hands since.
i wont encourage you, or discourage you, but if its the right moment (dont just plan to kiss him, the moment has to be right, as in alone, feelin awesome), and if he seems like he would go for the idea (body language darling!) go for it. the first kiss is just as important as the first date. both of them can make or break a relationship. usually first kisses and first dates dont go hand in hand, but i say if the moment is right and you are sure you absolutely want to and he does too, go for it (slowly, dont just attack him with your love, thats one of the things that ruined mine). My first kiss was planned, and it almost broke the relationship. ever since things havent been the same.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 pm
kaela2015
M i n i R e d S t a r s
kaela2015

Aristocrat In Pink

The conversation between me and my mom for the first date with my current boyfriend went something like this:
I walked into her office while she was playing some sort of game on her Ipad, and i sat down backwards in her rolly chair (cause i love doing that). I needed to tell her, or my dad, so i picked her. i kept stalling. i opened my mouth ready to talk, and then i gave up. i ended up starting off by saying: "Hey mom. guess what?"
by this point you have to keep going. she asked what. i said "so you know how im like... hot stuff at school this year?" and she said yea (because so many guys have flirted with me and asked me out it isnt funny). i said "Well... one of my friends asked me if i wanted to go get cupcakes with him saturday".
she looked at me and laughed. but long story short, start the conversation, keep it humorous, because it makes things easier on the whole family, keep it simple because who wants to talk that long about something as nerve racking as that right?, and.... pshhhhhh.... thats about it

as for kissing him... no rush on it... trust me... super icky... XD i know i sound 4 when i say it, but its really quite gross. i havent gotten over my first kiss and we had dated for almost 2 months at the time. pretty gross.we havent kissed and have hardly even held hands since.
i wont encourage you, or discourage you, but if its the right moment (dont just plan to kiss him, the moment has to be right, as in alone, feelin awesome), and if he seems like he would go for the idea (body language darling!) go for it. the first kiss is just as important as the first date. both of them can make or break a relationship. usually first kisses and first dates dont go hand in hand, but i say if the moment is right and you are sure you absolutely want to and he does too, go for it (slowly, dont just attack him with your love, thats one of the things that ruined mine). My first kiss was planned, and it almost broke the relationship. ever since things havent been the same.

This is great advice, but he sent me a text saying "I dont want a relationship right now" so, sorry for making you write all that :'(

I asked why, he said he is bad at making up his mind... Any tips for this situation?

M i n i R e d S t a r s

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:51 pm
M i n i R e d S t a r s
kaela2015
M i n i R e d S t a r s
kaela2015

Aristocrat In Pink

This is great advice, but he sent me a text saying "I dont want a relationship right now" so, sorry for making you write all that :'(

I asked why, he said he is bad at making up his mind... Any tips for this situation?

Oh its fine. now you have the advice for later on in life.

it depends on what he is making up his mind on. whether he wants a relationship, whether he wants a relationship with you (if not he doesnt know what he is missing and he can go suck an egg), whether or not he thinks he is ready for a relationship, etc.

what i dont get is why he asked you out on a date, and then tells you he doesnt want a relationship. i dont even... emotion_donotwant ... its kinda mean leading on a girl like that, jus'sayin.

So if you guys are still going to go to the cafe (which i am assuming you are) do the exact same you would have if it was a real first date, just none of the stuff that typically comes with a relationship. be yourself, but more charming and more wonderful that you already wonderfully are biggrin . show him what he is missing out on. he may change his mind (but dont make it obvious! goodness that would be tragic!)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:55 pm
kaela2015
M i n i R e d S t a r s
kaela2015
M i n i R e d S t a r s
kaela2015

Aristocrat In Pink

it depends on what he is making up his mind on. whether he wants a relationship, whether he wants a relationship with you (if not he doesnt know what he is missing and he can go suck an egg), whether or not he thinks he is ready for a relationship, etc.

what i dont get is why he asked you out on a date, and then tells you he doesnt want a relationship. i dont even... emotion_donotwant ... its kinda mean leading on a girl like that, jus'sayin.

So if you guys are still going to go to the cafe (which i am assuming you are) do the exact same you would have if it was a real first date, just none of the stuff that typically comes with a relationship. be yourself, but more charming and more wonderful that you already wonderfully are biggrin . show him what he is missing out on. he may change his mind (but dont make it obvious! goodness that would be tragic!)

For pete sack, he just said he made a mistake and wants to be with me.. I said he is lucky I really like him.. Now that advice helps.. I stil feel hurt though

M i n i R e d S t a r s

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:05 am
M i n i R e d S t a r s
kaela2015
M i n i R e d S t a r s
kaela2015
M i n i R e d S t a r s

For pete sack, he just said he made a mistake and wants to be with me.. I said he is lucky I really like him.. Now that advice helps.. I stil feel hurt though

Well then. this guy needs to make up his mind! emotion_donotwant
I know it hurts. there was a guy that i pretended to like so my real crush (first and only crush ever) wouldnt find out i liked him.
one of my friends tried to set me and this guy i pretended to like up, and they didnt tell me they were doing it, but they told me his reply and i was like, "...oh... so im not good enough for him huh?" it does hurt but you quickly get over it.

Something i will warn you about that i wasnt even thinking about is fear of commitment. yea, its a big word for a teen relationship, but its true. fear of commitment can come it the smallest package, not just fear of marriage. fear to commit to the dates/times you set leading to instability and lack of trust, fear to commit to the relationship (aka, doubt in whether or not hes ready), etc. watch out and be wary of adult choices, expecially as a young girl, because honestly, thats when we make the most stupid mistakes and dream of fairytale love so we are more likely to fall prey to hurt, and i would hate to see that happen to a fellow girl. smile

well dearie, i have to go for now. i wont be on for about 10 days because of vacation, but i hope everything goes well, and i want to know what happens when i return, deal? smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:12 am
kaela2015
M i n i R e d S t a r s
kaela2015
M i n i R e d S t a r s
kaela2015
M i n i R e d S t a r s

Well then. this guy needs to make up his mind! emotion_donotwant
I know it hurts. there was a guy that i pretended to like so my real crush (first and only crush ever) wouldnt find out i liked him.
one of my friends tried to set me and this guy i pretended to like up, and they didnt tell me they were doing it, but they told me his reply and i was like, "...oh... so im not good enough for him huh?" it does hurt but you quickly get over it.

Something i will warn you about that i wasnt even thinking about is fear of commitment. yea, its a big word for a teen relationship, but its true. fear of commitment can come it the smallest package, not just fear of marriage. fear to commit to the dates/times you set leading to instability and lack of trust, fear to commit to the relationship (aka, doubt in whether or not hes ready), etc. watch out and be wary of adult choices, expecially as a young girl, because honestly, thats when we make the most stupid mistakes and dream of fairytale love so we are more likely to fall prey to hurt, and i would hate to see that happen to a fellow girl. smile

well dearie, i have to go for now. i wont be on for about 10 days because of vacation, but i hope everything goes well, and i want to know what happens when i return, deal? smile

He said he really stuffed up and that he was wrong. He tells me that I'm great and everything, so I was asking if it was me he said "Definately not" but I guess we are together.. I'll be cautious though.

Have fun on vacation biggrin

M i n i R e d S t a r s

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces