6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
You rang? =|
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
*throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I told you never to call me at this number!
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
um... okay?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
GOLD!!
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:48 am
And it's a good thing too, because this is the theatre the spouse and I would have gone to. That's actually where we saw The Avengers when it came out.

Spouse is pretty shaken up about it because we possibly would have gone if I hadn't said it was going to take me all night to prep their medicine. They also had this feeling of imminent death around when it happened, though they thought it was because they were going to get into a car accident or something on their way to work tomorrow {or I guess that would be tonight}

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:42 am
Tes! cat_gonk emotion_hug  

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:28 am
Lesson learned, boys and girls: procrastination saves lives rofl I was supposed to make the spouse's medicine on Monday emotion_awesome

Here's the local news station, which has a bunch of stuff on it. I haven't gone through it myself because I've been busy all night.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:57 am
I was thinking of you when I heard about that eek
Hubby informed me we were never going to a movie theater again.

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:15 am
Glad to hear that you avoided the fray. Its hard to believe that so much chaos can happen on what would be a simple night out for so many. Makes you wonder if he was specifically targeting the Batman movie for some kind of symbolism or something. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:52 pm
gonk Tes! I'm so glad you didn't go! crying

-glomps like Kaori-

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:26 pm
cat_surprised I didn't know that's where you live! cat_gonk I'm glad you didn't go! I was hearing about that all day at work.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:55 pm
Make way for Miro gonk
:: pushes blue haired dark elf kitty lady person and pink haired lady person out of the way to glomp Tes person :: crying

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:08 pm
Who knows. He might have just targeted it because he knew a lot of people were going to be there for it. Of course, there's also an alternate theory starting to float about.

Personally, I think being afraid of going to the movie threatre because of this one instance is an overreaction. Sure, there are crazies out there and it's tragic when something such as this does happen, but statistically speaking, you're -far- more likely to get in a car accident or have your home catch on fire than you are to be shot at a movie theatre.

Just because one guy did it doesn't mean suddenly everyone is going to start doing it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:42 pm
When I first heard about it, first thing I wondered was if it happened near you guys! eek I am so glad to know you didn't go then. I've just been in total awe about this occurrence while catching many of the news casts about it. gonk That James Holmes is one very sick person! mad  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:24 pm
I haven't read a whole lot on the story and I don't have a TV to catch news casts about it, but I have read a few articles regarding it. I've seen some things say how they're discouraging and banning costumes and my initial thought was "who would wear a costume to the movies anyway?", and then I remembered there was a group of geeky teens that dressed as The Avengers when I went to see that emotion_facepalm That was the first time I'd ever seen someone cosplay to the movie theatre.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:27 am
You've never been to a Star Wars premier then User Image
This has been the major topic of conversation in my life the past two days... I can't even pick where to start making more comments.
But yes

*glomps TES hard for being okay in the mass o' people*  

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

Anira Tiernay

Self-sustaining Businesswoman

17,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:09 pm
Around here there are many people who would cosplay at a theater premiere. At the Thor release a married couple I know dressed up in their Viking attire that they wear when performing in the Ren-faires and were a big hit before the lights went down. Never underestimate the power of a nerd.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:32 pm
I took my Batman mask to the opening night of The Dark Knight back in '08. There were also people dressed as the Joker and I believe Two Face.  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:15 pm
I'm not a big movie goer really sweatdrop It was purely coincidence that I saw both The Avengers and Prometheus on opening night. Thursday night/Friday morning is the spouse's last night off for the week, so they sometimes get the idea that they want to go to the theatre and watch a movie to unwind before they have to go back to work Friday night.

A lot of modern movies don't really seem to strike a cord with me, but the batman movie is something that we both would have been interested in seeing. Spouse might be paranoid of theatres for a while now, though.

Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff