Submit

Demonic Incandescence

Dapper Dabbler

9,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:20 pm
So I saw this skirt that I fell in love with, and I was planning to order it soon...until I measured my size. The largest size is for a 29" waist, and I have a 32" waist, so I need. Now, I wouldn't say I'm too fat. I'm more lanky than anything, but I am a bit pudgy, so I want to get into shape before I get too overweight.

Here's a basic idea what my body is like.
Height: 5'8"
Weight: It's always between 143 to 146 pounds.
BMI: Somewhere between 21.7 and 22.2.

Part of my problem is I don't exercise a lot, and I have a horrid sweet tooth, as well as constantly eating pasta. Honestly, my sweet tooth is so bad that I eat sugar plain. I have recently started trying to drink 8 glasses of water each day to flush out the toxins, and I'm planning on eating celery as a snack.

What I need help with is finding good exercises (preferably for beginners) to slim down tummy fat. It would also be nice to have dietary advice, such as how to stop surrendering to my devilish sweet tooth.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:08 am
Demonic Incandescence

Okay, so I am not fit at all. But I know exactly how to eat properly, and exercise. And over come that sweet tooth (I have it bad)

Anyway. A way to burn down tummy fat is sit ups. But make sure your back is flat on the group.

Drinking 8 glasses of water is good, sadly, so is celery.

Now a way to overcome your sweet tooth, is snacking on dates. Natures little beauties. I love them, they are good for you, and at the same time you are getting that sweetness that you desire. Or you could try melting dark chocolate over strawberries, and dark chocolate is not only good for your skin, it tastes good too, and the sweetness of the strawberry, cancels out the bitterness of dark chocolate.

Hope this helps. Good luck xx

M i n i R e d S t a r s

mahou prince

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:31 am
M i n i R e d S t a r s

Oooh~~ Dark chocolate and strawberries~~ I so have to try that some day! <3 Just too bad strawberries are so expensive where I live. >_<  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:09 pm
Angelic Dust
M i n i R e d S t a r s

Oooh~~ Dark chocolate and strawberries~~ I so have to try that some day! <3 Just too bad strawberries are so expensive where I live. >_<

Yeah, it tastes really good. Strawberries are in season where i live at the moment *throws confetti in the air and dances*

M i n i R e d S t a r s

L4uren

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:43 pm
Demonic Incandescence

Cardio is great :3 If you have an ipod/iphone, check out the Couch-to-5k app.
Or just go on an hour long walk everyday, those are wonderful.

Building muscle boosts your metabolism which burns fat.
So if you want start lifting weights, doing push ups, etc then that could work.

I have a terrible, terrible, terrible sweet tooth.
Unfortunately my eating disorder has rather prevented me from doing anything with it =
but you obviously don't want to go down that path,
so my suggestion would be moderation.
I'm in recovery but i still allow myself to have a half cup of ice cream here and there...

eat when you're hungry, eat lot's of fruits and veg and whole grains,
pasta can be great when it's whole grain and you have a reasonably sized serving!
eat fibrous foods (fruits and veggies mostly but there are some pre-made bars and cereals that you can buy).
fiber keeps you fuller longer so you might be less likely to crave sugar.

but seriously, don't deprive yourself. if you want the cookie eat the damn cookie.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:54 am
L4uren

This has to be some of the best advice ever given. I can still eat my cookie?

Haha, but seriously. Thank you! My mom and I go on walks whenever we can. I'll ask her to walk to Wal*Mart with me tonight and early tomorrow. It's not too far from my house to where my legs will fall off, and while we're there we could get some protein bars/Fiber One and some more celery. I already cheated on my diet today, so maybe it'll burn off those two donuts and that chocolate milk I had for breakfast.
M i n i R e d S t a r s

Glad I'm not the only one with a horrid sweet tooth. I'll definitely have to try the dates idea. If you hadn't suggested it, I would probably never think to try them. Strawberries and dark chocolate sound amazing. So gonna try that. I never knew dark chocolate was good for skin! I could absolutely use better skin. emotion_kirakira

Thank you so much! I will try all of your suggestions! 4laugh  

Demonic Incandescence

Dapper Dabbler

9,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:57 pm
Demonic Incandescence

Yeah, I have the biggest sweet tooth!

Dark chocolate, yeah, it has alot of antioxidants in it, that are good for the skin. If I eat to much white or milk chocolate, I break out. Bad. But with dark chocolate I dont.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the tips emotion_awesome

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:12 pm
I know how you feel I have weight to loose too.  

JBCBlank

Beloved Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Voter 100
  • Friendly 100

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:49 pm
Demonic Incandescence
So I saw this skirt that I fell in love with, and I was planning to order it soon...until I measured my size. The largest size is for a 29" waist, and I have a 32" waist, so I need. Now, I wouldn't say I'm too fat. I'm more lanky than anything, but I am a bit pudgy, so I want to get into shape before I get too overweight.

Here's a basic idea what my body is like.
Height: 5'8"
Weight: It's always between 143 to 146 pounds.
BMI: Somewhere between 21.7 and 22.2.

Part of my problem is I don't exercise a lot, and I have a horrid sweet tooth, as well as constantly eating pasta. Honestly, my sweet tooth is so bad that I eat sugar plain. I have recently started trying to drink 8 glasses of water each day to flush out the toxins, and I'm planning on eating celery as a snack.

What I need help with is finding good exercises (preferably for beginners) to slim down tummy fat. It would also be nice to have dietary advice, such as how to stop surrendering to my devilish sweet tooth.

I used to have more of a sweet tooth as well, but it hasn't been with me for years. The way I got rid of it - albeit indirectly - is by staying away from sweets for a long time. Now this is usually pretty hard to do for most people, and really, the only way I was able to greatly reduce sweets and other things in my diet is because I was depressed and wasn't eating much of anything, anyway.
I certain'y don't recommend depression as a way of getting rid of trouble foods. XD But, I encourage you to try and stay away from stuff that will cause you to gain weight - like sugar and pasta, which are two large offenders of that. I hardly ever eat pasta anymore, and I don't really even eat bread, which is another food group that will cause weight gain.

As for the tummy exercises, I was going through the same thing myself, when I came across a wonderful website that told me exactly how to get rid of a pudgy tummy. And it's not be doing sit-ups, as most people think.

...Hm, I can't seem to find the website where I first found these at.
In a nutshell, what you do to get rid of lower abdominal fat, is this:

- Lie flat on the ground with your legs together and your hands resting beneath the small of your back, palm sides facing the floor.
- Slowly raise your legs up into the air, keeping them straight and together, until they are straight upward.
- Bend only your knees down so that they come close to your calves, raise them back up so that your legs are straight as a ruler, then slowly lower then to the ground again.

It's important that you do this slowly to that your lower abdominal muscles get a good work out.
I've been told that this is very difficult, which it is, but the difference can be noted almost instantly. smile
I usually do about 10 before taking a break.

I hope this helps!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:58 pm
Well I am 5'2 1/2 and weight 162 lbs. I am back on track to loosing weight my problem is eating fast food. I love french fries and nuggets. sweatdrop However, now that school is starting and I am taking an aerobics class it should help me exercise four to five days out of the week, since I usually go to the gym three times a week on a good week to do a spinning class. I also hate calorie counting. : However, I did join a website that helps you count calories it's called myfitnesspal.com. It's a community where you can make online friends that help motivate you!  

SailorHoneyMoon

Demonic Incandescence

Dapper Dabbler

9,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 am
SailorHoneyMoon
Well I am 5'2 1/2 and weight 162 lbs. I am back on track to loosing weight my problem is eating fast food. I love french fries and nuggets. sweatdrop However, now that school is starting and I am taking an aerobics class it should help me exercise four to five days out of the week, since I usually go to the gym three times a week on a good week to do a spinning class. I also hate calorie counting. : However, I did join a website that helps you count calories it's called myfitnesspal.com. It's a community where you can make online friends that help motivate you!

Oh, that's cool! I'm not much of a calorie counter as I always forget what I ate, but I do think it'd be a lot more helpful. I bet if I asked my mom, we could probably manage to get a gym membership or aerobics class, like you mentioned. I actually don't have a ride to those places, but I don't have work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so I could definitely walk to the gym then. Thank you for the tips! smile

I wish you good luck on your weight-loss too!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:39 pm
Do you have a Wii? You could get Wii Fit and play that a few times a week. It has exercises and games that make you move your body and burn calories. I just started using one a few days ago.  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Zariah Khi

Lavish Dabbler

13,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 am
No snacks eat fruits if you can't helped it, water (a lot) zero soda, exercise regularly walking will do, no junk foods.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:55 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that if you eat stuff that naturally has monounsaturated fat, it would help you get rid some of your bad fat.

Things that have it should be things like ... nuts (almonds, peanuts- if you're not allergic, hazelnuts, etc) and avocados.

Eat less red meat, and more white meat. Uhhm ... Fish and chicken. Well, cutting back on meat is a good idea too ... :  

Heavenly Paradise

Beloved Seeker

Mord Alushar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:35 pm
Try doing cardio cool  
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items