Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Facebook Cry Babies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  Yes
View Results

[X]Harajuku[X]

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:49 pm
So you probably know where I'm going with this but..I actually sorta realised tonight how many people on facebook love to use it for their own attention and love pulling out all the stops or airing out their dirty laundry and expecting people to take their side. Example: One chick on my facebook(who will remain nameless) disagreed with people having really bad tattoos now a days and saying how awful they were and she would never post a pic of these tattoos cause they were so bad. One person commented and told her she shouldn't concern herself with that thing and be so judgemental. Result? Her updating her status and claiming she is tired and stressed and should just delete her facebook account because of always being attacked. WTH!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:15 am
Welcome to internet, and consequently humanity, a wild west show of idiocy and deplorable acts of unknown proportions. If you step this way I have some websites and literature to help guide you on the path to the singularity. It's scary at first but once you know everything there's nothing to be frightened of.  

Supar Ingimon

Toxic Fatcat

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:21 pm
I thankfully do not have many passive aggressive FB friends.

However, I do have several people who will post something about being sad or having a bad day, and then when someone asks what is wrong, they will say they don't want to talk about it.
Then don't make a status update about it? Novel concept!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:27 pm
The internet is a living soap opera. I believe this was confirmed in the late 90's sometime.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

[X]Harajuku[X]

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:31 pm
I've known this for awhile but I guess I never really paid much attention to this one person. She always seems so positive? Probably not quite the word I was looking for,but I never caught her in the act of her complaining. In other words,I thought her complaints before were legit. So not surprised by this because I'm not 12 stare I'm more annoyed of how I suppose people are all the same.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:30 am
Tell her to make a sandwich or imply she's on her period. That will show her you care about her emotion- wait, bad idea, never mind. rofl  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

nightsky03

7,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:25 pm
I deleted mine after trying to explain to certain type of people that I do not wish to be their friend now can I be their friend, example of the first are friends of friends who I do not know example of the latter are students  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:16 pm
Come to think of it I still don't have a Facebook! emotion_awesome  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:03 pm
I'm never making a facebook account. Myspace already served the purpose of losing contact with friends anyway.

Just yesterday on Tavis Smiley this came up. His guest said that things like youtube, me.com, twitter, and facebook have opened up the world of celebrity to the masses. The general populace doesn't have a public appearance to uphold though so naturally they turn to audacity and attention grabbing to become popular.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:52 pm
In all honesty, I'll use my facebook once in a blue moon to vent, and seconds later I'll delete the status because of how obnoxious it sounds to me. I can't understand the people who CONSTANTLY, CONSTANTLY post the most emo statuses known to the human race and then when some one asks what's wrong, they will say "oh noffin." and then make a status later that week complaining how nobody cares about them. It's complete bull s**t.  

deactivated5686477435

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff