Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
How did you come out? How do I come out? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merrill-mew

Shirtless Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:49 am
I want to know how other people came out and if it was hard. o-o

I'm 16 years old and I think I like girls o-o but I know I like guys too. I don't want to date girls, I just want to experiment with them. But I'm scared to tell anybody about it, even my family.

I have a bi friend who I want to talk to, but I'm scared to even tell her! I'm scared she will tell people v.v and a bi-curious friend who knows I'm at least bi-curious. o-o I'm sure my friends would be accepting... but I'm too scared to take the risk v.v  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:56 am
:c i had trouble coming out too... but I'm les. i started with the people i trusted most... saw that they accepted, then moved on to more people slowly, but i am totally happy now and i really don't care who accepted me or who didn't! cause it's me and this is what i am... i think you will be happier if you told someone about it.... o: idk what your thoughts are on it, but i know things seemed easier for me.. best of luck dear c: if you need someone to talk to, im here  

Sayuri Satsu

Derailing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:23 am
Sayuri Satsu
:c i had trouble coming out too... but I'm les. i started with the people i trusted most... saw that they accepted, then moved on to more people slowly, but i am totally happy now and i really don't care who accepted me or who didn't! cause it's me and this is what i am... i think you will be happier if you told someone about it.... o: idk what your thoughts are on it, but i know things seemed easier for me.. best of luck dear c: if you need someone to talk to, im here

Did any of your family react negatively to you coming out? If so, how did that make you feel and how did you handle it? I personally would not be able to tell my family I am bisexual..I'm still a dependent and I live with 6-7 family members...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:01 am
Cyzn
Sayuri Satsu

Did any of your family react negatively to you coming out? If so, how did that make you feel and how did you handle it? I personally would not be able to tell my family I am bisexual..I'm still a dependent and I live with 6-7 family members...

they didn't act negatively, but i feel like they secretly thought i was weird/messed up/confused.. but they realized that i'm still the same person that they've been living with their whole life. and that's fine. you just have to tell them when you're ready... you don't even have to tell them at all. you define your sexuality and you decide who gets to know or not.  

Sayuri Satsu

Rkmofour

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:03 am
i would say just experiment with them and see if you do like it or not and then try to take it from there?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:59 am
Merrill-mew

Well, to me, being Bi is a lot more easier to accept than being Gey or Lesbian. I'm a fully Gay man and it was very hard for me to come out to my friends and family, especially when I did the wrong thing and came out to my parents first.

And if you say you're Bi-Curious then there really isn't anything to worry about with coming out and such. Just tell your friends that you're a little curious about other girls. It's not coming out but at the same time you're giving them a small heads up when you actualy do come out if you find out you like girls.

~Cherry/Sheen

Hot n Fun

Merrill-mew

Shirtless Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:34 pm
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew

Well, to me, being Bi is a lot more easier to accept than being Gey or Lesbian. I'm a fully Gay man and it was very hard for me to come out to my friends and family, especially when I did the wrong thing and came out to my parents first.

And if you say you're Bi-Curious then there really isn't anything to worry about with coming out and such. Just tell your friends that you're a little curious about other girls. It's not coming out but at the same time you're giving them a small heads up when you actualy do come out if you find out you like girls.

~Cherry/Sheen

So it's not good to come out to your parents first? o-o yeah, a few know that I'm curious, but I feel more than curious.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Merrill-mew
So it's not good to come out to your parents first? o-o yeah, a few know that I'm curious, but I feel more than curious.

Yeah, never come out to parents first. I was lucky enough to have my mother understand and accept me but my father is still ify on my sexuality; and I came out at 14-15. It's always good to get your friends used to your sexuality first so when you do come out, you can have that extra support you need if your parents reject you or don't accept you right away. Any thing is never come out to your parents with your partnet if you're in a relationship already. If your parents don't accept you right away then they might blame your partner for your sexualty, making you and your partner both feel bad together.

Hot n Fun

Merrill-mew

Shirtless Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:51 pm
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew

Yeah, never come out to parents first. I was lucky enough to have my mother understand and accept me but my father is still ify on my sexuality; and I came out at 14-15. It's always good to get your friends used to your sexuality first so when you do come out, you can have that extra support you need if your parents reject you or don't accept you right away. Any thing is never come out to your parents with your partnet if you're in a relationship already. If your parents don't accept you right away then they might blame your partner for your sexualty, making you and your partner both feel bad together.

Yeah that's a good point but at least you've gotten it over with.. What bothers me the most is that I know in my heart that I like girls, and I'm too scared to tell anybody, and I have trouble admitting it to myself as well :c  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:58 pm
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew

Yeah that's a good point but at least you've gotten it over with.. What bothers me the most is that I know in my heart that I like girls, and I'm too scared to tell anybody, and I have trouble admitting it to myself as well :c

That's the biggest problem a lot of people have with acceptance; everyone in the world could accept you, but if you don't learn to accept your own sexual preferences then no one else's acceptance will matter. The most important person is yourself so before you want someone else to accept you, you have to accept yourself. Being Bi, Gay, Lesbian, Transexual, Pansexual, Asexual, Transvestite. . . it isn't wrong, and that's what a lot of new found LGBT's think. I might not be able to help out much, but if you need to talk about something I can be there to listen :]

Hot n Fun

Merrill-mew

Shirtless Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:05 pm
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew

That's the biggest problem a lot of people have with acceptance; everyone in the world could accept you, but if you don't learn to accept your own sexual preferences then no one else's acceptance will matter. The most important person is yourself so before you want someone else to accept you, you have to accept yourself. Being Bi, Gay, Lesbian, Transexual, Pansexual, Asexual, Transvestite. . . it isn't wrong, and that's what a lot of new found LGBT's think. I might not be able to help out much, but if you need to talk about something I can be there to listen :]

I know.. And you're absolutely right.. I've just heard straight people bashing on people like that, like "Did you hear she's bi, eww!" and I don't want that happening to me. Then again, maybe it's just a high school thing. And it's just more accepted in the "real world" because people grow up. The good thing about LGBT's is that they understand though. And thank you, that's really really sweet of you c:  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:30 pm
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew

I know.. And you're absolutely right.. I've just heard straight people bashing on people like that, like "Did you hear she's bi, eww!" and I don't want that happening to me. Then again, maybe it's just a high school thing. And it's just more accepted in the "real world" because people grow up. The good thing about LGBT's is that they understand though. And thank you, that's really really sweet of you c:

It actually does get a lot easier when you get out of high school. I thought I was going to die in high school and I was one of those guy people who already wasn't popular but was perfectly comfortable with my sexuality. I remember that for the longest time no one would talk to me, not even my best friend. It was mainly the people in grades above me, but after a while when those people left, it was so much better. The only reason my friends weren't hanging out with me was because of the stereotypes and bandwagons they were on with the Juniors and Seniors. When those people left it was like they all came running back to me because they'd missed me. It was selfish of them to leave but I don't blame them at all.
College is a better story though so you don't have to worry. When you're out of high school and have your own, bigger responsibilities, your sexuality will be the least of your problems.

Hot n Fun

Merrill-mew

Shirtless Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:41 pm
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew

It actually does get a lot easier when you get out of high school. I thought I was going to die in high school and I was one of those guy people who already wasn't popular but was perfectly comfortable with my sexuality. I remember that for the longest time no one would talk to me, not even my best friend. It was mainly the people in grades above me, but after a while when those people left, it was so much better. The only reason my friends weren't hanging out with me was because of the stereotypes and bandwagons they were on with the Juniors and Seniors. When those people left it was like they all came running back to me because they'd missed me. It was selfish of them to leave but I don't blame them at all.
College is a better story though so you don't have to worry. When you're out of high school and have your own, bigger responsibilities, your sexuality will be the least of your problems.

Exactly. That's what I'm terrified of. It sounds horrible, actually. And yeah, people put influence not to talk to people that are "different" or don't fit their standards. It's cruel. I don't want to lose friends, or get negative demeanor from people just by the likes of sexuality. You are lucky you're through that dramatic part of life though, and you can just live as who you are. Before you came out, did you date girls? Because I date guys and nobody suspects anything.... other than those that I've told.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:09 pm
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew

Exactly. That's what I'm terrified of. It sounds horrible, actually. And yeah, people put influence not to talk to people that are "different" or don't fit their standards. It's cruel. I don't want to lose friends, or get negative demeanor from people just by the likes of sexuality. You are lucky you're through that dramatic part of life though, and you can just live as who you are. Before you came out, did you date girls? Because I date guys and nobody suspects anything.... other than those that I've told.

I was actually one of those people who kind of always knew they were gay. I've always had really close girl friends but when I delevoped my first crush, I was 13 and it was on a guy. I was like, "Okay, I like this guy," I didn't really care if other guys crushed on girls and I crushed on my best friend who was 2 years older than me. I guess I'm one of those people who have it easier than others. I would gladly give away my easy life to someone who doesn't have it as easy.

Hot n Fun

Merrill-mew

Shirtless Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:17 pm
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew

I was actually one of those people who kind of always knew they were gay. I've always had really close girl friends but when I delevoped my first crush, I was 13 and it was on a guy. I was like, "Okay, I like this guy," I didn't really care if other guys crushed on girls and I crushed on my best friend who was 2 years older than me. I guess I'm one of those people who have it easier than others. I would gladly give away my easy life to someone who doesn't have it as easy.

Oh yeah, I understand that. That's a really selfless thing to say. But it is as it is for a reason. You were meant to be as you are, and that's why it was easy. As for me, I'm still trying to find my place.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff