Submit

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:01 pm
I feel like doing another username change but I'm already at it costing 110,000 gold on this account alone. And a couple of members here would be sure to point out it's my 9000th name change or something.

It just seems like a bad idea but the urge is so strong.

I'm sure you're all tired of me doing that.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:33 pm
rofl You'll always be "Showa" to me. wink  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:08 pm
That's a lot to spend on a name change... well, to me at least.

I think the main complaint I'd have is that you change characters whenever you change your username, which makes it more confusing for me to RP with you. I have to try and remember if Kits has met your current character yet or not, and it makes it hard to interact.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:33 pm
Psyzapp-d
What she said emotion_awesome I know you've indicated before that you don't care for that name anymore, but that's what you were when I met you so that's what you'll remain. If you had just made a single change after that, I would have adjusted, but with as many changes as you've gone through, it's easier to just stick with Showa.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:28 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Psyzapp-d
What she said emotion_awesome I know you've indicated before that you don't care for that name anymore, but that's what you were when I met you so that's what you'll remain. If you had just made a single change after that, I would have adjusted, but with as many changes as you've gone through, it's easier to just stick with Showa.

Exactly what they said. *points to both Psy and TES above.* 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:11 am
Kits Rose
That's a lot to spend on a name change... well, to me at least.

I think the main complaint I'd have is that you change characters whenever you change your username, which makes it more confusing for me to RP with you. I have to try and remember if Kits has met your current character yet or not, and it makes it hard to interact.
Well, I tried to resume my last character but couldn't remember where I was at and decided... f*** it I'm starting from scratch.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:20 pm
...changing your name to "b00bnippl3"?

Priceless.

There are some things you can't buy, but for everything else there's G-card. cat_wink  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:09 pm
...You've made that many username changes? The gaia mods must have thickly lined theoretical pockets of gold.  

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:29 pm
If I change it I'll still use the same character, the only reason I started over last time was I forgot how to play who I was playing.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:51 pm
Faerie KatrinaZ
ThisEmptySoul
Psyzapp-d

*adds her vote to the tally* pirate  

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:49 pm
Change it. twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:11 pm
lady leko-chan
Faerie KatrinaZ
ThisEmptySoul
Psyzapp-d

*adds her vote to the tally* pirate
I still have not changed my charactert's name from Bao Sanniang. rolleyes  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:50 pm
I'd say the larger issue is that if you've changed your user name that many times, you obviously have no real association with your name and it's not important to you, either initially or ultimately. Is "b00bnippl3" really your planned name? You may have well save up twice the gold so that you're ready to change it again in a few months, because that novelty will wear off pretty quickly.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm
Matasoga
I'd say the larger issue is that if you've changed your user name that many times, you obviously have no real association with your name and it's not important to you, either initially or ultimately. Is "b00bnippl3" really your planned name? You may have well save up twice the gold so that you're ready to change it again in a few months, because that novelty will wear off pretty quickly.
It was Bao Sanniang DW7 when I made this thread. I wasn't the one who thought of "b00bnippl3" and certainly didn't suggest I was going to use it nor was I planning on using it.

Anyway I used to have name attachment on here. I was Dekablack, but those lazy asses I had as friends back then always called me Deka, then I tried other names, the lazy asses I had as friends back then still only called me either the wrong part or shortened it down to 2 syllables...

"Showa" came from either Kamen Rider Showa or Darth Showa, again I didn't want the name clipped short and the first chance I had to rid myself of the "Showa" character, I used eagerly. (Why didn't you folks ask what I wanted to be called?)  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:16 pm
I dare say that many of our Geezers have accepted being called by a shorter version of their given username, as it makes it more personal for everyone involved. I have often told others that they can call me whatever they're most comfortable with in regards to my username. I happen to like being known as Faerie 4laugh of which I most often refer to my character as anyway. There are a few who call my avi Katrina or KatrinaZ, and that is just fine with me as well. And those who don't know me usually use my full username, which is just fine by me too. 3nodding

Would you accept being called Kuni, for instance? That would definitely be easy for me to remember. If not, then what would you like to be called? I might add that using a part of your current username would be a lot easier for most of us to remember ... and much easier to type as well, as you appear to choose names that tend to be lengthy and/or involved. sweatdrop

Advice Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff