9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:13 am

hello and welcome to
leune's Senior Year Notebook,
my life as a senior in highschool!
i will be writing about a lot of stuff including those dreaded college entrance exams, last highschool prom, the dilemma of choosing which course to take after highschool, and of course, graduation!

don't just read, but share your experiences as well c:
discussions are welcomed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:15 am
reserved

the little madeleine girl

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:16 am

August 5th, 2012

Today will mark the beginnings of all the college entrance exams. It will all begin with the most prestigious and most sought after college in my country. Where 70,000 students take the their exam and only 7,000 pass the test and become one of 'the contry's scholars'. I am one hopeful aspirant. As i wait in our lines i was a mess: a mixture of nervous and excited; awake yet sleepy. I have spent the last few days preparing for this. But thoughts of how I would flunk the exam stirs me up to the point of shaking. Though I did not notice it until the exam started and the pencil touched the answer sheet did I realize i was shaking. I recollected myself and shifted my attention to the first subject: language proficiency. Since it is where I am best, I was confident. Not until i read the first few questions did the school's status as the top school showed. Each question confusing. Provoking you to use your mind to it's fullest. The next subjects were the same as well no, harder. Science and Math left me no choice but to leave a few numbers unanswered to lessen the risk of making a mistake as this is a right-minus-wrong exam. Before we were to finish, a clean sheet of paper was given to us. The essay portion. An experience us 2013 graduates will first know as it is a new subtest added just this year. I scribbled down the last few words and as I did, a huge weight on my chest had been lifted. All I had to do now is wait for the results next year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:42 am

August 26th 2012

Today's exam came quite as a surprise to all of us from my school. We were all scheduled for the third batch which will be on October. However, me and my mother knew it would be a mistake to do so. It is better to be part of the first batch of examinees than the last. My mother insisted on my school to do so. And so I was at a college campus earlier today. They say this is the easiest of the four top universities to get in. Yet that cannot make me certain that I will get in. I was quite aware of the time as I walked up the stairs of the school building. When I pushed open the door to room 319, all of them were standing, just finishing a Catholic prayer. It had already started. From the corner of my eye, I saw someone waved at me. It was one of my classmates. Later on I found out two other of my classmates were there as well. We were all in the same room. The exam started. The exam was easy as they had said. The only portion I was quite wary of was the arts portion. Since I had applied for two arts courses, that would be expected. We had one extra subtests and two other drawing tests containing 7 drawing subjects all in all and lengthening my exam by two hours the usual testing period.

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:11 am
what were your college entrance exam experiences like? share them c:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 pm

September 15, 2012

I'm running late for an entrance exam! omg! I knew it the minute I tool a glance at the clock before we left. My dad kept trying to dodge traffic, but that is an inevitable part of these exams. There are thousands of examinees and they all probably came by car. Even the highway outside the school is packed. I saw an examinee jump out of the car and run, test permit in hand. I took the cue, jumped out, and walked fast. The several people I was walking with was worried they were late too. Everyone just seemed to be running or walking fast. Finally, I reached the high school. Sweat was dripping on my forehead. I was late. But they were gracious enough to let me in, anyway. The next 5 hours was spent answering their well-known, time pressured aptitude tests. The 25 question, 5-minute questionnaire pissed me to all ends. It was already nighttime when we finished, to my dismay. I would have liked to talk a walk through their large and nature-surrounded campus. Oh, well, better luck next visit, if ever I do pass.

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:43 pm
╔═ ☆ ⋆══════════════════════════╗

If you don't mind me asking, what country are you from?
I live in the US and the only type of college entrance exams I had to take were the SATs (which if you don't know score students on a 2400 point scale in Math, Writing and Reading, there are also subject tests and ACTs (which are a little different) but most kids take just one test).
Last year was my senior year. Unfortunately things didn't go as planned so I am taking a not planned gap year emotion_8c

╚══════════════════════════ ☆ ⋆ ═╝

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:58 am
Emo Pankakes

If you don't mind me asking, what country are you from?
I live in the US and the only type of college entrance exams I had to take were the SATs (which if you don't know score students on a 2400 point scale in Math, Writing and Reading, there are also subject tests and ACTs (which are a little different) but most kids take just one test).
Last year was my senior year. Unfortunately things didn't go as planned so I am taking a not planned gap year emotion_8c

i live in the Philippines though i'm Chinese c:
really? that's interesting. so the school decides your
admission based on your SAT score? smile
what happened?
unfortunately, that's not the case here. we have to take
exams on every university we want to get into gonk

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:54 am
I e u n e

what happened?

Schools don't determine your acceptance only on your SAT score, there are other things that they look into as well like your grades throughout school, letters of recommendation, and most schools have you write an essay and come in for an interview.
There are also the ACTs that are required depending where in the country you want to go to school, and I am pretty sure there is a variation of the SATs for students that want to go to law school.
Some schools have you take their own test as well. One of the schools I applied to didn't look at my SAT, they had me take their own test which was shorter and covered more topics.

I was accepted to a few art schools that I applied to, but I wasn't able to get enough money in loans to pay for it (an unfortunately getting loans was my only option left).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:20 pm
Emo Pankakes
I e u n e

what happened?

Schools don't determine your acceptance only on your SAT score, there are other things that they look into as well like your grades throughout school, letters of recommendation, and most schools have you write an essay and come in for an interview.
There are also the ACTs that are required depending where in the country you want to go to school, and I am pretty sure there is a variation of the SATs for students that want to go to law school.
Some schools have you take their own test as well. One of the schools I applied to didn't look at my SAT, they had me take their own test which was shorter and covered more topics.

I was accepted to a few art schools that I applied to, but I wasn't able to get enough money in loans to pay for it (an unfortunately getting loans was my only option left).

oh, yeah, we do that here too biggrin
they look into our grades in high school and sometimes we're taken for "reconsideration" and that's when interviews and more tests come
we do have SATs, but it plays a very small role (or no role at all)

that's unfortunate, but i'm sure you can find a way soon enough smile

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:22 pm

September 20,2012

I hopped out of the school bus and walked into school, not a high school soul in sight. That's because they are off to a field trip today. Not that I wanted to go, I actually didn't and so did my parents. So it was decided that I not go with them and come to school instead. I was excited about having the almost the whole school to myself. No lines to wait for in the canteen; no usual routine; no high schooler roaming in large packs that block the way. And a day in the library proved to be more interesting. It contained books that i recognized from my former school which gave me a dose of nostalgia. I spent some time looking for books I've read and loved as a child before the teacher came in with a list of seat-works to do. Since all high school teachers went with the field trip, she was assigned to look over me the whole day. At first, I didn't know how I'd be able to finish them in time, but as the day progressed, I finished them all, one subject at a time. I said goodbye to my teacher, Solomon (who also stayed in school), and to a day that gave me a huge treasure chest filled with the old and new: new acquaintances and nostalgic elements and memories. I had no regrets of missing my last high school field trip c:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 pm

October 11, 2012

Today is my crushes' birthday. I would never forget that. Every year, on this day, I would go open up my secret stash of memories and reread his letters to me. I would walk through the corridors at school and remember the times we spent together. Times that we and our friends considered precious and special. I'd remember and laugh at how I had confessed to him. I remember everything too vividly. When it was dismissal time and how he had pestered me who my love was. How sweaty and fidgety I was then and how he reacted to my confession -- by blushing and then facepalming. I was heartbroken then only to be surprised on the end of the school year with a written confession from him. How he gave me flowers, called my house, called me cute. How he smiled genuinely when I said goodbye to him that last day of school, which served as our farewell to each other. I never saw him again. He moved to a country on a different continent.

It was my turn to transfer to a different school last year. That's where I met him. He was part of the school basketball team, popular, and handsome. He was the same age as I was, but got pushed back one year in school levels. He was friendly enough to break the walls of my shyness and I grew to like him. He's the reason why I chose to spend my senior year there, to get to know him more. He seemed to like me too, but we soon drifted apart. He was too much a player. Handsome and beautiful people are sometimes like that. I was too afraid to get hurt so I pulled back.

Ironically, they both share the same birthday. I greeted neither today.

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:29 pm

October 21, 2012

My last major entrance exam ends today! My exam was to start at 7:30 AM and there have been warnings that the traffic there gets really tight so I woke up at 5:00 AM and got ready. By 5:30 AM I was in the car with my dad. It really surprised me how fast we got there. I arrived at 6:10 AM! Wow. That's the most early I've been to an exam! I pushed open the doors to my assigned room. No one...yet. The proctor isn't even in there yet. I relax and roam around the room. Minutes have passed since the other examinees arrive, including my classmates. Then, the exam began. Oh, gosh it was hard. I hope I'll pass...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 pm
Hi ! I posted a thread in Gaia International asking Gaians How's education in your country.

XD Reading your posts answer to my questions hehehe.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:50 pm
XxAriaxX
Hi ! I posted a thread in Gaia International asking Gaians How's education in your country.

XD Reading your posts answer to my questions hehehe.

i'm glad it helped c:

12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces