Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
Quidditch Banter: OOC for players and fans Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:39 pm
So I thought something like this would be nice to have now that we have our Quidditch up and running. Try and keep this to our games, or other areas within the guild's world of sporting events. Pay your complements to winning teams, congratulate a good roll of the dice, or show some sportsmanship by saluting your rival houses.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:24 pm
Kk, so... I'm super scared of you Slytherins now. Do you know the chance of being hit with bludgers 3 times and stealing quaffle twice is??? Let me throw some numbers at you.

1/45 (2.2% chance) you get hit with bludger once.
1/2025 (0.049% chance) you get hit with bludger twice.
1/91125 (0.0011% chance) you get hit with bludger three times.

My /poor/ Chasey was hit twice. Both times were from the same number.
1/4050 (0.025% chance) of that happening

Now for the steals.
1/30 (3.3% chance) of one steal.
1/900 (0.11% chance) of two steals.

For 3 bludger hits and two steals?
1/82012500
Whopping 0.0000012% chance of that happening. That's around the chance of you being hit by lightning.

... I'm so jealous and so scared. xD
On a side note, this totally proves how nerdy I am. xP  

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm
dun dun dun dun dun dun dun..

heeeeeeh!

Beware SLYTHYS!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:28 pm
Can't wait until its Gryffindor v. Slytherin! We're gonna take you fools down! Good luck today Ravenclaws!!  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:29 pm
On a side note, I really think the quidditch system could use a little more leeway, y'know?

a bigger opening for steals, maybe a range of numbers, like, 1-5, or 1-6

a bigger range for bludger hits, maybe 1-4 or 1-3 will make hits.

And, if the range for bludger does get improved, its probably safe to say that each member should have at least four or five lives?

Edit::

Also, I think seekers should get the smallest little increase in "spotting" too. But in that sense, if the beaters have a higher chance to score, than they can have a good chance of stopping seekers from catching the snitch. and if a seeker gets hit after they've "spot" the snitch, they lose a life and have to start over in the search. So, beaters have five "turns" to try and stop the seekers. And seekers get more chances to find the snitch?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:39 pm
Kat was talking to me about adding lives to at least the beaters the other day.

As for the numbers i'd have to address with Kat since she set the whole system up. I'm not sure how she worked up the numbers.  

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 pm
I'm having a great time! I'm actually kinda jazzed Shina got bludgered. Terrible of me, I know. She's this itty-bitty little asian girl, but Shina's a tough little thing, and I like her having a chance to prove it.

I do admit though, I'm having more fun now that Ravenclaw has a Seeker. Speaking of teammates, does anyone know if Pale Mist is okay? I haven't heard from her in over a week. I think Sir Spazalots posted somewhere, but hasn't been on lately, and...I don't think I've ever met the other teammate.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:42 pm
Yeah...wow, two hits on Chase. I did say to my team in the thread that we were going to focus on limiting the passing options, my team is just following orders to the letter.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Puffs vs Slyths. I be scared out of my skin! Dominic and Ronyo are wicked beaters compared to Heather... eek I gon die.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:56 pm
Yeah, this game is insane! Poor Shina and Chase! I've decided that I like playing Keeper the best! I don't have to post nearly as frequently as all the others, but I still get some room to put Cat's personality in! But, I would like the Ravenclaw beaters to get here so we could start pounding on those snakes... I talked to KlutzyChild yesterday, and she told me that she probably isn't going to post with Ethan... So that's one beater down... But otherwise then that, this is epic!!!  

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:33 pm
I know Klutzy said they wanted to keep their hand in, but what about maybe getting a substitute for the next match, if they won't be here? There was that person who posted in the tryout thread...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:06 am
If i remember correctly, pale posted in the absences thread about a week ago
How she was moving and what not.  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:46 am
Ah, okay, thanks Essy! I was worried she might be sick or something. Moving makes sense though, it can take a while to get set up again.

And, Ronyo? Please don't take this the wrong way, and this is just a suggestion, but, um, deleting posts in a dice-based forum game is generally not a good idea. It isn't specifically banned here, but most other places I've seen do ban it. Even if nothing hinky is going on, and it usually isn't, deleting posts gives the appearance that the person might be deleting undesirable dice results and trying again in order to cheat for a better result. Most places instead recommend just making a second post to roll. You can either post something like ((OOC: Whoops, forgot to roll!)) in the second post, or go back and edit your first to something like ((OOC: Forgot to roll. Ignore this post, I reposted below.)), and then just repost your original post with a roll.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:12 pm
Yeah it isn't something I would normally do, but I made the post early in the morning and just was not thinking fully when I went though the motions. I just saw the no dice roll and reacted to it like I needed to remove and replace it with the correct action. During my lunch break I went back through my post and had that..oh 'why did I do that?' thought. It's a good reminder to everyone, wait until your awake before you make a critical post like that lol, and no worries lady Enjeru thanks for pointing that out as well.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:51 pm
Cool, no problem! And with that, off to work! See you all in six hours!  
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff