Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
No time for anything..?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orakam

Tipsy Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:16 pm
Hello everyone, I'm coming to you guys right now for a little help.. I'm currently attending the University of Virginia (UVA) and while I was out partying one night I met this one guy at a party that I was instantly attracted to. Although we were both pretty intoxicated, we mutually agreed to not jump into anything sexual and exchanged numbers. Since he seemed like a really respectable and attractive guy, I decided to start texting him. Over the past week or so we have hit it off pretty well and even got dinner together one day before we both had our respective practices to go to. Although all of this sounds good, texting has pretty much been our only method of conversation besides that one outing. I am constantly proposing things that we can do together only to be kind of shot down.. However, every decline is always followed by a genuine "sorry" or some other statement to inform me that he is apparently interested in getting to know each other. He also made a point to tell me to not wait up for him and don't be scared to look at other guys because of his busy schedule (he's an engineering major and in two acapella groups while I'm a psych major taking 18 credit hours and I'm in the marching band). Sensing that that statement was a little odd I asked him if it was more for him or myself and he reassured me that it was directed mainly at me. The only problem is, he is the only guy that has been on my mind since I met him. So I guess I'm asking for some help/advice. Should I give up on the guy who is too busy to do anything (he does do some things on the weekends, but it's with his friends and I don't want to intrude), or try to work something out? And if it is the latter that you suggest, what should I do to try to get closer to him emotionally and physically? Sorry if my grammar made this impossible to read, I had two assignments due at midnight and my brain is currently mush.. cry  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:37 pm
When it comes to a person with no time for you, there's an old saying that goes: "If it's important to you, you'll MAKE time."

I obviously don't know the exact pattern of your interactions, but that's my initial reaction. Also, ask yourself if you think this issue would be likely to change. If so, what makes you think that? If not, do you really want to spend a ton of time and energy on somebody who never makes time for you? I don't want to sound overly cynical and I'm not a certified relationship professional or anything, but those are my 2 cents.  

Purple Robot Queen

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:09 pm
You're both really busy, and it sounds like education and the a capella groups are a priority for him. I don't think that is a bad thing at all (his priorities right now, I mean), and he's been upfront about this with you. To me that's also a plus.

Plus...you said it's only been a week or so? That's not very long at all, and you did already have dinner, so you're not only texting but you've seen each other, too.

"Constantly proposing things we can do together." Errr... How constantly? Haha. I'm kidding, but in all seriousness, you said he sounds sincerely sorry (but otherwise occupied).

At this point, you need to adjust your expectations about how often you two will see each other (not very often, it would seem). If that's just not going to work for you, then you should move on. You two can probably be good friends.
If you're willing to be patient and stick it out, cool. See what happens. If you go with this route, though, you might wanna ease up on the "constant" suggestions. He knows you're keen, so the ball is in his court. No need to pester him, even if it's unintentional and well-meaning. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 pm
I agree with Purple robots statement about making time. I always try to make time with the girl I have a crush on because she's important to me ^_^' but i am currently playing double sports)high school basketball, tennis, and club ball.) while going to do ASB so i'm very busy, also with all these stupid test >.<

But as Taeryyn said, he probably is just preoccupied by his priorities at the moment.(or at least that's what I thought he pretty much said :T) But don't get to worried, things happen for a reason.  

rhythmic_Nightmare

Romantic Lunatic

3,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items