Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Wow... Okay O.O Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:32 am
Okay so I just found out a girl my age (16) is pregnant.. Wow.

I post thy a question. What would you do if you became pregnant at this age?

Personally, I wouldn't be able to abort it. I would keep it. But I would ashamed to tell my parents, and be afraid what people think of me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:26 am
Yeah, it's crazy isn't it?

I personally wouldn't be able to abort it either, but I think I'd be okay with telling my mom. Yeah I would DEFINITELY be scared. But she had to deal with my cousin being in that position when they were little. One of my other friends.... well we use to hang out together when we were younger..... she's only turning 16 this year and already has a baby.. o.o

I use to think she was a goody-two shoes... not now!
I really don't get the point of it either. I mean, you're pretty much throwing your life away! And then you'd want it back after the child is grown up, which is not the time to!! So many parents are doing that now and it's a sin to their children.

Gv get dxrvh lkkjvgcf
Crew

Tipsy Sweetheart

14,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:43 am
User Image
ӍȿȿӍѻѻȵӱ
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ⒨Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⒨≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
I agree. Don't let your daughters date at 10, wear make-up at 12, provocative clothing at 14, then turn around and wounder why they got pregnant at 16!!!
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ⒨Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⒨≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 am
At 16? Personally I'd most likely have aborted.
At that age your body hasn't finished developing yet, you'd automatically be "high risk" for both the pregnancy and birth, not to mention how hard it's going to be to build a life for both of you afterwards if you decide to raise it yourself.

However, I do understand why other people may not be comfortable with aborting, and there is nothing "wrong" with two young people above the age of consent (which is 16 in my country) enjoying a healthy, sexual relationship, as long as they are using protection and taking the proper precautions.
While becoming pregnant at 16 is not an ideal situation, the better prevention is teaching young people about contraception, not condemning them for being sexually active.

Nor is your ability to practice safer sex determined by at what age you got a makeup kit or the clothes you wear. wink  

Tute Sweet

Dainty Doll

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:09 am
User Image User Image

Hell, if that were me, I'd be dead scared to tell my parents about it. But what choice do I have since I can't abort it (and I wouldn't want to anyway). I mean, it's not like the baby's fault that he/she got conceived right? So yeah, even if I know they'll flay me alive, I just have to tell them because what can I do at the age of 16? I'm not even of age to just drive!

But I wouldn't go after the dad. One, he's probably just my age (I wouldn't go for someone who's 5-10 years older than me, eeww!), so he's probably just as clueless and as scared as me. I'll tell him about the baby, but I'm not going to get married to him or attach myself to him in any other way... yet. I mean, he could be a great guy who was caught up in the moment, and when we're older and have a more stable status in life, he is willing to take up responsibility. I'm not going to deny him that because probably by then, I'll also be thinking that he's the guy for me. Two, (which is kind of related to #1) I'm not going to tie myself to some b*****d out there whose main strength is that he likes to ********. I mean, I made the mistake already of getting pregnant, so I'm not going to cement that mistake by marrying him.

I actually have a friend who's in the same position as the girl you know, although she's 19 when she got pregnant. So I know how you feel when you made that discovery. Somehow, I felt that my best friend wasn't the same person anymore... like she was contaminated or something. I felt so sorry for her because she's in a really tough situation. I want to support her financially, but I'm just relying on my parents as well. I couldn't tell them because they'd stop me from seeing her because they'd think she's a bad influence for me. I just wanted to kill her boyfriend for what he did to her.

(Sorry for the rant)

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:08 am
At 16 I wouldn't have gotten pregnant, because I didn't date until college.

However, if I had gotten pregnant, I'm not sure what I would do. I had the fear of MOM put into me at an early age that if there was one thing she just might throw me out for, it was if I got pregnant and didn't finish high school. You don't know my mom; I'm pretty sure she was serious. eek

I think - If I could have afforded it - I would have gotten an abortion. I was an honor student and fully intended to go to college. A baby can really derail that unless you've got a lot of support, support which I didn't have. (I was the first person in my family to go to college.)

So sad that these things are happening to girls all over. sad  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

Aspirins And Alcohol

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm
I am 25, and I would still be ashamed to tell my parent I am pregnant and not married.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:56 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The wow factor for me is your reaction to this. I mean it isn't new. Anyways I'm twenty and with how I was in high school, getting pregnant in my teen years were pretty much not possible.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

StrayKit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 pm
ugh, that's about a dozen girls in my high school every year i was there. i even had a girl when i was in 6th grade who dropped out because she was pregnant. honestly if i got pregnant at 16 i'd probably be pressing charges first since i've been single my whole life and don't drink or go to parties so someone's a** is being hauled off to jail for it. past that i don't know if i'd keep it or head to the state nearby that has abortions legal. i'll be 21 end of next month now and the reasoning for if i was 16 still applies now. still don't have anyone who can get me pregnant, don't drink, don't go to parites, someone's going to be locked up, and i don't know if i'd keep the baby or not  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:09 pm
It's so sad that people are actually PROUD these days to have kids so young...But if it did happen to me, I would make sure the child went to a good home beforehand. I'd never turn to abortion....  

Your WatchQueen

Feezle

Snowfriend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:32 am

Knew a girl back in middle school that got pregnant and had a kid. She was only 12 or 13 at the time. It was pretty sad honestly, because I was an acquaintance when we were both in 6th grade, and she seemed nice then.
Soon enough, she grew into a trouble student who acted out a lot and refused to do any work.

As for myself? I wouldn't have gotten pregnant at 16. 21 now and have never had any physical contact with a male other than a brief platonic hug. =/ I'm so paranoid now that even if I HAD a boyfriend, I would postpone everything sexual until I got myself on the pill, and would still use futher forms of contraception as precaution.

I'm personally pro-choice, but only under certain circumstances. If the girl was immature enough and made poor enough decisions, I don't believe she should abort at such a young age so carelessly unless herself or the baby would be in life-threatening danger. Have the child, give to to a loving family that will properly care for and lovingly raise it, and learn to live with your consequences.
However, if one were raped, I feel it is a totally viable option.
But! I know all of this is subject to each person and their beliefs, and I respect that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:23 am
Well first off I don't think I would get pregnant at 16. I'm pretty adamant at waiting until I've graduated from college and am married before having sex.
But if I was, I definitely wouldn't abort it. I could never bring myself to kill a baby just because I made a stupid choice. And I wouldn't give it up for adoption until I knew I absolutely had to.
But it would literally change my world, no more playing volleyball, finishing high-school would be even harder, not to mention my plans of going to college.
Telling my Dad I'm pregnant at 16 though...scary thought, pretty sure he'd beat the crap outta me. Not to mention how disappointed my parents would be. I can just see my Mom bawling.

I agree with MissMoony13, what do these parents expect?!! When they raise their daughters like that!

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:55 am
Not sure what would of happen to me if something like this happened.
I'm 21 & still scared of the thought.

But knowing that you would be ashamed & afraid to tell your parents.. Don't judge the pregnant girls. Sure they messed up & are paying for it. But they are probably just as scared & ashamed as you would be in that situation. So treat them how you would want others to treat you. They have enough to deal with already & don't need people talking about them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:01 pm
I was too shy then to even get close to a boy like that and I also wasn't going to have premarital sex, but if somehow I did... I'd give the baby up for adoption. I am pro-life so I am against abortion. Only way I think its okay is if the mother or babies life is in danger. I wouldn't keep it because I would have had no way to take care of it, even though it would hurt. I would of probably done a semi-open or open adoption.

Girls these days need to know the consequences of sex.. if you aren't mature enough for the consequences or to take any form of birth control and think it can never happen to you, you shouldn't be having sex in the first place.  

Girl With The Windex Eyes

Opscotch

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 am
I hate it when people so young think it's a good thing to be having a baby. I also hate it, though when people think that if you're having sex at 16, you're a whore. : / It's so common to be one or the other. lol
Honestly, if I got pregnant at 16..I would..die, I would just die. lol I can't even fathom having a baby now at 18 or at 21. That's why I have always always always used protection and birth control. No babies for me for a very very long time if at all.
One of my friends had a baby senior year and although she kept him and she loves him more than anything, that happening ruined the life she had planned. She tells me all the time that she ever regrets anything except for the fact that it happened so early in her life. Another girl had 3 children by her sophomore year. @_@ I can't imagine.

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff