Submit

Petit MuffinDoll

6,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:42 am
Okay, well.... where to start...

Me and my boyfriend have been together almost two years now and... well, he started to annoy me. Not recently, but some time ago now. I get annoyed whatever he does. I do everything. I cook, do laundry and the dishes and clean. If I ask him to do those things, no response. He just plays games. And complains if he doesn't like my cleaning. (Small apartment, dust gathers quite quickly...) I would like to sometimes just sit down and relax, play games or something but no.

Also, he doesn't like my hobbies (I do cosplay couple times of year, collect my little ponies/manga/anime/figurines). To him it's something that kids do. I'm bit offended.

Whenever I buy something, he says "why you bought that, you don't have the money". Yeah, so. I don't have much money but people need clothes or I use the money I saved to buy something.

He mocks me. First I took it as a joke but now... I almost cry. Also he is picking me up about my school project. (I work with a game, alone). He keeps asking why I'm at school if I'm not doing anything. (Well, to most of the people doing visual novels is not a proper work, at least at my school...)

I'm not asked to come with him to the parties. I have to stay at home. Well, most of the parties are arranged by his friends. I don't like his friends' girlfriends. (We are at the same school and those girls are just full of themselves).  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:42 am
Petit MuffinDoll

If he's making you this unhappy perhaps it's time to end this?
I mean, I really don't like the sound of the fact that he mocks you and doesn't help you with chores and such.
What I really don't like though is when you said:
'I'm not asked to come with him to the parties. I have to stay at home.'
Does he say to you that you actually can't leave the house?
'Cause that's terrible. D:

If you think this can be resolved then you must speak with him about all these things.
If you don't think this can be resolved then dump him.  

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:04 pm
only solution here is to leave him.
what a douche.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:20 pm
Aww Honey I'm sorry : (
Sounds to me like he doesn't deserve you.

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:28 pm
If I were you I'd be highly considering ending the relationship.

A caring partner would be supportive regardless of their opinion on the subject. And he/she would be wanting to share as much with you as they possibly can: be it house chores, entertainment, activities, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:03 pm
Now I know why they suggest couples live together for awhile before getting married. That would be a tough situation. I agree with the rest of the girls =P  

The Maharani

RyuShikyo Yagari

Blessed Giver

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:48 pm
uhm... may I ask why you are still with him? or are we just hearing all the negatives?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:00 pm
Petit MuffinDoll

Then why are you still with him?
If your only answer is 'I love him' then you may want to reconsider. Someone who really loves you wouldn't treat you this way. There is more to a relationship than love, especially when it's one sided. Respect is a major thing in a relationship too, and this is just showing a total lack-there-of.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Petit MuffinDoll

6,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:58 am
I started to cry when I read the answers.

Aristocrat In Pink
Petit MuffinDoll

'I'm not asked to come with him to the parties. I have to stay at home.'
Does he say to you that you actually can't leave the house?
'Cause that's terrible. D:

I can leave the house if I want to but no really friends to visit at, or even pets to play with. I guess I badly phrased it. I meant more that I'm not even asked to accompany him. First it was fun to stay at home but soon it got annoying. I can't stop wondering why I can't go along? What happens at those parties?

I guess I'm with to see does things get better. And my family likes him and vice versa. Or I don't know. So I won't feel lonely?

We live together. And well, it's hard to find a new apartment. Small town. I could move to my parents but my school is in another town and it would took about an hour every day by bus to get there.

I have thought about leaving him but I haven't done it. He has his sweet side but lately I've been seeing all those negative things. Everything was fine for first couple of months. Don't know what happened...

Every time I hear something bad about me or my hobbies, I just take it. I never say back.

It's pretty hard to me to get to know new people. And some reason all my friends and guys who have been interested in about me, have been well, douche. More or less. I though this person isn't that bad... well... It seems that I attract first-nice-then-not-so-nice-people. Or so it feels.

I will be going Japan for two months (to study). Perhaps it gives me time to think about my relationship. And I decided, that if I hear anything not-so-nice (like betraying me), that's it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:25 pm
Leave him ASP! scream
He's mentally abusing you and that is just as BAD as physical abuse mad
That is not okay, you deserve and will find better! emotion_hug

I'm sorry but reading this just pisses me the hell off, he's an a*****e that obviously only can feel good about himself by breaking you down and you're not his god damn housemaid! And he's the one the one to talk, you collect things and he does what? Play video games, if your hobby is so childish then his is as well.

Ugh I went from pissed of to tears. Leave him hun, this will only go from bad to worse cry Believe me, I've been there and got out just in time.  

BabyGusty

Wheezing Lunatic

20,050 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

cIawnie

Kawaii Donator

11,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:59 pm
You should leave him! I mean that's not how a boyfriend is supposed to be. Im sorry about this situation though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:45 am
You need to take a step back and ask yourself what you're getting out of the relationship. I mean really getting out of the relationship such as love, support and the like.

If you realize that what you're getting isn't much then you should really consider leaving him.

I know you've said it would be hard for you to move back home but maybe that would be for the best. A small inconvenience in travel time is better than what this guy seems to be doing to your self-esteem and happiness (or lack thereof).

Regardless, I sincerely hope everything works out for the best for you. biggrin

LilliannaWinterwolf

Moonlight Lover

13,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

TEWG

Destructive Mage

15,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:55 pm
What he's doing isn't right!
You've only been with the guy for two years and he's been making fun of your hobbies and who you are?
You really need to ask yourself if it's worth being with him. Or at least tell him what's on your mind. Preferably before you go to Japan so you can both think it over.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 am
I feel so sick and tired. My hands are shaking... I can't even think straight. Is this how it feels like to have a nervous breakdown? This is probably the only place where I can open up since, yeah, no friends.

We talked about money and he wanted to know what I do with all my money since I can't pay the rent and the bills. Well, the money I get from Kela (the social insurance institution of Finland) isn't much, I can pay either the rent or the bills. He was like "save up the money", I'm trying, thanks for asking but sometimes unexpected things happens... I see the dentist monthly, it's expensive since I have a huge hole on my tooth (like half of it is gone), and it might have to be replaced... My shoes broke and I have to fix them. But I guess, I won't.

The next thing I knew I was pushed on the floor (from the bed) and he went to walk. He will definitely mock me when he comes back and sees my tears.

I should tell him how I feel but where I can get enough courage to do that? I know how he would react... Mocking and not-caring. Or maybe I'm wrong? Perhaps he listens...  

Petit MuffinDoll

6,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:34 pm
Wait, why is it entirely your responsibility to pay the bills and rent and do everything around the house? If he doesn't contribute, he can't talk.
From everything I've heard, this just sounds like a bad relationship. You need to talk to him- get it all out on the table. If you're nervous of how he'll respond, make sure you have someone else close by in case anything gets bad.
And after you talk to him, if nothing's changed, then you should just leave him; he obviously doesn't deserve you.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff