Submit

Udoli

Distrustful Scamp

30,875 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:43 am
I'm 21 years old. I've never had sex.(never drank or had the desire to) I've never been in a relationship. No one has ever offered any of it. So I spoke with an old friend (we're not really close anymore since I moved) and she told me how "odd" that was.

"I mean, most teens don't have to have sex, but they at least have one boyfriend or something."

I told her that no one ever expressed their interest in me.

Is it "odd" or is there really nothing that can be considered as "odd" in terms of the teenage-young adult life?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:55 am
No. It's not odd. But then I know three people that are 25 that have never had a boyfriend or sex. One of them has never drank. Two have never smoked.

It might seem odd to some people, but it's not odd to me at least.  

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Call me Rainleaf

Beloved Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:39 am
You're not odd. I left high school without ever going to a 'wild' party, without ever smoking anything, as a virgin, with only one serious boyfriend. And I was still friends with all those people who did those things.
My coworker thinks it's odd that I come off as an old lady in an eighteen-year-old body. xD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:46 am
not odd just a bit uncommon for this generation  

Etrikia

Shy Dabbler

23,175 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Married 100
  • Olympian 200

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I can't stand people like that! They look at you and realize you never did something the common teen would do and all of a sudden you're odd or are going to be alone for the rest of your life or whatever. People are just they make me wanna emotion_facepalm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:04 pm
User Image

Not odd at all, Kitten would have loved to be that person. She ended up being the opposite do to her only serious boyfriend and it really was a waste of a life. Just be you.

User Image

Kitten Magana

Precious Treasure

12,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
  • Love Machine 150

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:58 pm
Etrikia
not odd just a bit uncommon for this generation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 pm
The drinking,having sex or smoking ---well, who cares anyway. How many people do it just to be "in". It's a matter of choice and I, personally applaud you for your abstinence as a teen. And, by the way, you may never have a drink or smoke. Alcohol may not make a difference to you and smoking ---funny stuff or cigarettes-- isn't anything special By any means. "odd", definitely not. Sounds to me like you have a good head on your shoulders, so to speak.
.Now, about a relationship. Well, you may seem a little to aloof or unapproachable. And, you know, if there is someone you are interested in, there's no reason you can't be the one to make the contact. After all, the worst that can happen is your interest isn't returned.
I'm a little older thn you and I didn't meet someone until I was 25. And, you know what --- it was after we were engaged before we had sex ---2 years later, and 1year after that we were married. And, today, we're still very much in love and going strong building a wonderful life together. So, my dear, be "odd". Good things come to those that wait!!!!  

Ginger Spice Isle

Obsessive Player

allmostanyone

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 pm
Live life your way. they choose sex or alcohol and that's ok but you choose not to and that's not ok? I haven't done either of those things either and like it. I mean, what? have a boyfriend for having a boyfriend's sake? I'm not dating just anyone so im thought of as "odd." Nobody has ever asked me out and personally im glad, I hate my town and pretty much everyone in it. I glad I dont drink because I believe if I did I would probably be an alcoholic. Take care of your life, do what you want not what others think you should do.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:33 pm
Exactly what everyone else has been saying.
It's not odd at all.

I mean, I'm almost eighteen and I've never had a real boyfriend.

My brother is 27 and he hasn't had sex. Hasn't really had a real girlfriend either (I think)

It's not odd. Not one bit.

And if I'm wrong, and it is odd. Well then, be proud to be odd.
I'll be joining you then.

KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

Shy Hunter

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:42 pm
almost eighteen
my parents and sister would probably say that i've had a couple of boyfriends, but to my standards, they were friends. for some reason i can tell if they'll ultimately end up good or bad, and they always are neutral or bad.
so: no relationship, in interest in parties with no parental supervision, only had a little bit to drink, and that was supervised, no interest in any more drinking, no interest in smoking or drugs.
no, not odd at all. teens are stereotyped because of the TV shows cat_talk2hand
they want low standards, look to the teens of the '60s

and if i'm odd, then forget the rest of the world, i'm me, dammit!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:05 pm
Count me in as being odd as well then. I'm 23, never had a boyfriend or girlfriend (turned down the one guy that did ask me out), never smoked anything or drank alcohol, I've never even flirted with someone, also never went to highschool.

Yes, you are odd if judging by what the majority of people do. But that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. =)

Jinxed Tarot Card

Eternal Rogue

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:14 pm
heart

It was something that I thought about it and was concern about it... Why ? Because my entourage is making me feel that way..

Maybe it's the same thing for you ? People keep asking you Hey do u have a boyfriend yet ? What? No one ? Do you like someone at least ?

Those questions made me feel uncomfortable and gave me the impression that I should date.
However, those people that experienced many things that you didn't, doesn't mean that you should experience that too.
I have my own values on living (of life).
I don't want to smoke. I'll date only if I love the guy and sex is after marriage.

I want to be me. I don't want to be like the others.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:20 am
User Image

*laughs* If you're odd, then so am I. I'm 23. I only had one guy have interest in me, but I didn't have interest in him. Turns out he just wanted to sleep with me. But I lead him on because I wanted to know how it felt. Other than that, I've never been in a relationship, never had sex, and I don't drink much. I mean, I have a sip here and there to see if I like it, that's it. I had a full alcoholic drink like, three times. I had an allergic reaction to one of those times (champagne, which sucks because I enjoyed that). I was getting buzzed on a screwdriver that only had half a shot of vodka after only 3 sips. I don't smoke. No tattoos. And here's something that might top this conversation: I don't drive! I'm actually afraid of driving, almost to the point that its a phobia of some kind.

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:21 am
Its honestly, not that uncommon. It might be to your friend and her circle of friends. But the options for certain things tend to open and close differently for everyone. I wouldn't worry that much.

Honestly, booze is pretty overrated imo. I can't stand the taste, its like nail polish remover, and trying to hang out with people I used to know is like "LETS DRINK!" and I'm just not all that into it. I don't really understand its appeal at all. But as said, dependent on the person, certain people may get more out of it than I would.

I basically have to initiate every relationship I'm in or no one will ask me out. But most of those last about 1-3months tops. I'm normally single though, because most people don't fit my needs.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff