Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Is Homosexuality A Choice? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jankh27

Greedy Cat

7,000 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:01 pm
hey all lgbt's i NEED to know Is Homosexuality A Choice?
cuz i dont believe it is so plz tell me want u think or know thank u heart  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:45 am
some ways i think it is, but mostly its sexual preference. i see both sides of the arguement of this heated question, but for me it just is. i didnt make the choice i just knew i was  

DrksStoryteller9000

jankh27

Greedy Cat

7,000 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:01 am
DrksStoryteller9000
some ways i think it is, but mostly its sexual preference. i see both sides of the arguement of this heated question, but for me it just is. i didnt make the choice i just knew i was
thank u for that that really helped not for me but for the reseach im doing thank u  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:05 am
jankh27
DrksStoryteller9000
thank u for that that really helped not for me but for the reseach im doing thank u

you are more than welcome. ps i LOVE your avi!  

DrksStoryteller9000

jankh27

Greedy Cat

7,000 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:06 am
DrksStoryteller9000
jankh27
DrksStoryteller9000

thank u and thanx x 10000000 and same here 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:11 am
jankh27
DrksStoryteller9000
jankh27
DrksStoryteller9000

so what research are you conducting?  

DrksStoryteller9000

jankh27

Greedy Cat

7,000 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:14 am
DrksStoryteller9000
jankh27
DrksStoryteller9000
jankh27
DrksStoryteller9000

well my ex girlfriend went straight cuz of the church and all she was born into the church same here but i did not found so im trying to tell her that being lez is in your dna and that i dont want she to get hurt  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:23 am
DrksStoryteller9000
jankh27
DrksStoryteller9000
jankh27
DrksStoryteller9000

well my ex girlfriend went straight cuz of the church and all she was born into the church same here but i did not found so im trying to tell her that being lez is in your dna and that i dont want she to get hurt

well, christianity is often times i big influence on detinizing ones sexuality. In the bible it never states that homosexuality is a sin, nor does it state that god wont love you for it. Technically homosexuality generally doesnt run in your genes, like i said it is preference. Professionals have tried to do studies, but really there is no profound evidence of why homosexuality happens. its no different from someone liking chocolate icecream over vanilla, it just happens

DrksStoryteller9000

jankh27

Greedy Cat

7,000 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:31 am
DrksStoryteller9000
DrksStoryteller9000
jankh27
DrksStoryteller9000
jankh27
DrksStoryteller9000

well, christianity is often times i big influence on detinizing ones sexuality. In the bible it never states that homosexuality is a sin, nor does it state that god wont love you for it. Technically homosexuality generally doesnt run in your genes, like i said it is preference. Professionals have tried to do studies, but really there is no profound evidence of why homosexuality happens. its no different from someone liking chocolate icecream over vanilla, it just happens
i here u and i feel that the church dont to tell ppl that if u gay that u will go to hell. the church can believe in what they wont but should still be respect the gay's and stop haten on the gays. thank for r input it really helped  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:47 pm
first off, I agree with the fact that it just happens, and that there is no cause. however, there is a (1) part of the bible that speaks out against homosexuality. I do not agree with it, but it is there. (if you want I can find the verse for you)  

misslydia1020

jankh27

Greedy Cat

7,000 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:56 pm
misslydia1020
first off, I agree with the fact that it just happens, and that there is no cause. however, there is a (1) part of the bible that speaks out against homosexuality. I do not agree with it, but it is there. (if you want I can find the verse for you)
sure u can i dont mind  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:56 pm
misslydia1020
one more thing thank u for r input  

jankh27

Greedy Cat

7,000 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

misslydia1020

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:51 pm
no problem. and here's what the bible says about homosexuality:
Quote:
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22).

Quote:
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13).

and here is the only bible verse I could find that speaks out about transpeople, and even so its not really very clear on that for sure

Quote:
Deuteronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

there's a reason that I do not follow christianity. I cannot follow a religion where a supposedly loving god creates a being (me) purely for them to be put to death. Where's the love in that?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:25 pm
jankh27
hey all lgbt's i NEED to know Is Homosexuality A Choice?
cuz i dont believe it is so plz tell me want u think or know thank u heart

Hi
I have a degree in human biology. No, your sexual orientation is NOT in any way form or mean a choice, you can't choose your orientation any more than you can you your eye colour or your height. What is choice is whether you act on it, that's the way in anything. You can just be yourself follow nature and instinct as live as a homosexual. Or because of society and its bigotry you can hide your sexuality, force yourself to go with the opposite sex, live a lie and that's really sad. That's what I did and I regret it every day of my life, I've only just come out this week. When I was young I did want my mother, the church, society et al wanted and expected and I was miserable, on antidepressants, and suicidal for years because of it. Over the past two years I've gradually turned my life around, it reached the point where I HAD to come out or I'd have died trying to carry on living a lie pretending to be someone I'm not and no one in the world knowing the real me. You can play happy families on the outside, live life the way others expect you to but your slowly dying on the inside. Everyone, straight or gay or bi or pink spotted alien dude, has the choice how to live their lives, whether to act on desires, wishes, urges, tastes, needs etc. or to fight them ignore those desires and just do what you think is 'right' instead of what you know is 'you'. The next time someone tells you that being homosexual is a choice then ask them if being straight is a choice. Of course it isn't. The chemical hormones in the brain release an emotional response to certain stimuli, we have no control over that, in gay people that stimuli is people of the same gender in straight people that stimuli is the opposite gender. We don't decide who to be attracted to, we don't choose our hormones! So no, biologically speaking no it is not a choice. The choice we have is whether we hide it or not. I am so sad your friend feels the need to hide her sexual orientation because of the church et al but that is her choice, only she knows if she has the strength to follow her heart or must follow the path of safety and secrecy. Either way I hope she will be happy with her decision and lead a happy life, you will have to let go, step back and let her go her own way, its hard for you to give her up but you know the old cliche - you know you truly love someone if you're willing to let them go. She has to work this out for herself sweetie. x  

Dylanseke

Devoted Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers