Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Where to go from here?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

McPhee

Friendly Elocutionist

8,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:51 pm
Just after getting out of a relationship I was in for nearly a year, I felt the need to be with someone, anyone else, other than him. I feel he tried to bring my confidence, and my spirit, to a negative place that it hasn't been.

I'm happy to be rid of him, but I did maybe want to get an opinion from my fellow GSA-ers. After a relationship ends, what's the longest you've waited before wading back into the dating scene? Is there a way to know when you're ready, because I wouldn't want to even think about committing to someone right now. This is the longest relationship I've had, and I don't know where to go from here, really. Maybe if you just want to share your experience, it might give me some perspective.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:56 pm
I think it's really up to the person.
They say that it takes twice as long as the relationship lasted to be over it, but for you that's quite some time.

I think a good meter is if you can say his name without getting that sinking feeling in your stomach then you should be able to move on.  

Hashtagihateit

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:53 pm
Hashtagihateit
They say that it takes twice as long as the relationship lasted to be over it, but for you that's quite some time.

I think a good meter is if you can say his name without getting that sinking feeling in your stomach then you should be able to move on.

I really like what you said at the end.

But yeah time is the best healer. Distract yourself by focusing on you, when you're happy you will naturally attract people and things will just go from there  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:58 pm
Australian Igloo
Hashtagihateit

I really like what you said at the end.

But yeah time is the best healer. Distract yourself by focusing on you, when you're happy you will naturally attract people and things will just go from there

I've been alone so long that it's gotten to the point where I don't want to date at all. I've had one boyfriend my entire life and that was 6 years ago, and he was horrible.

The moral is be careful, because time can heal you, but it can also calcify you to the point where there are no ******** to give  

Hashtagihateit

Spardel Shinobi

Sublime Creature

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:43 am
=]
I was in a high school relationship for a year or two...
I forgave him...but he just kinda left without letting me know, this way our relationship wont be any worse than it was. sweatdrop
I broke off from him because I felt like he betrayed my trust...he had other friends he put above me and I felt like a little needy-clinger.
So anyways I'm in college, and I found a new person. He's very nice. razz
He found me, I was dillydallying and he just came up (really close) to me and asked what I was looking at. rolleyes

I think a challenge is getting past my old boyfriend and realizing that I don't need anyone to complete myself. Because I want to be whole so I can take care of others.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games