Submit

Hotau

Sweet Lunatic

14,825 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:55 pm
Currently I'm 13, when I was young, probably around kindergarten age, my parents divorced, my dad was in jail for a little bit I think... Then as I got older like in 3rd grade my mom knew I wanted my dad back in the family and so they got back together, then middle school started, and i'm starting to get stressed out with school and he's like a dictator when it comes to piano, my dad still loves my mom, but she doesn't have any feelings for him anymore and is staying with him just for me because I want my dad, when I think about the fact that majority of our life is full of stress and unhappiness because my mom is staying with my dad because of me I feel really guilty and feel like tears are gonna come out, she wonders when i'll let her be free, sometimes the stress and pressure in my life is too much for me and i have thought about dying, but i'm too scared to hurt myself and want to live to see the future...
What should I do?... v_v  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:07 pm
Hotau
Currently I'm 13, when I was young, probably around kindergarten age, my parents divorced, my dad was in jail for a little bit I think... Then as I got older like in 3rd grade my mom knew I wanted my dad back in the family and so they got back together, then middle school started, and i'm starting to get stressed out with school and he's like a dictator when it comes to piano, my dad still loves my mom, but she doesn't have any feelings for him anymore and is staying with him just for me because I want my dad, when I think about the fact that majority of our life is full of stress and unhappiness because my mom is staying with my dad because of me I feel really guilty and feel like tears are gonna come out, she wonders when i'll let her be free, sometimes the stress and pressure in my life is too much for me and i have thought about dying, but i'm too scared to hurt myself and want to live to see the future...
What should I do?... v_v
You should talk about this with your mom. Because it involves your feelings and your mom's too.
I mean ... Your parents could live apart and you could see your dad...
I don't know why your mom decided to go back with him. I mean you could see your Dad even if he doesn't live under the same roof.
Many kids with divorced parents do that.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Hotau

Sweet Lunatic

14,825 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:08 am
XxAriaxX
Hotau
What should I do?... v_v
You should talk about this with your mom. Because it involves your feelings and your mom's too.
I mean ... Your parents could live apart and you could see your dad...
I don't know why your mom decided to go back with him. I mean you could see your Dad even if he doesn't live under the same roof.
Many kids with divorced parents do that.

He threatened that he wouldn't contact us anymore, and whenever we have separation discussions it's when hey have a big fight, one time my dad brought out a knife and almost used it on himself...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:25 am
Hotau

He threatened that he wouldn't contact us anymore, and whenever we have separation discussions it's when hey have a big fight, one time my dad brought out a knife and almost used it on himself...

User Image

I hate to say it, but I think it might be time for outside help if he did that. Something is not right with this picture. I would also have someone to talk to that is a professional, like a psychologist or a councilor. Now, don't take this the wrong way. Yeah, it's good to talk with someone, but it's different with a psychologist. For one, normally they cannot discuss with anyone what is said in a session unless you say it is okay or it could cause danger to your life. Now, it might be different with you being a minor, but it's been awhile since I went to one as a minor. Yeah, I've been to psychologists. When you find one you really connect to, you can sort out your thoughts and they can help. Not to mention they would know what to do if something really bad might happen. But I would still sit down and talk with your mom about this.

I am not trying to push this problem off onto someone else. From what I've read, you might need a professional opinion.

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Hotau

Sweet Lunatic

14,825 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:33 am
Rubai Sora
Hotau

User Image

I hate to say it, but I think it might be time for outside help if he did that. Something is not right with this picture. I would also have someone to talk to that is a professional, like a psychologist or a councilor. Now, don't take this the wrong way. Yeah, it's good to talk with someone, but it's different with a psychologist. For one, normally they cannot discuss with anyone what is said in a session unless you say it is okay or it could cause danger to your life. Now, it might be different with you being a minor, but it's been awhile since I went to one as a minor. Yeah, I've been to psychologists. When you find one you really connect to, you can sort out your thoughts and they can help. Not to mention they would know what to do if something really bad might happen. But I would still sit down and talk with your mom about this.

I am not trying to push this problem off onto someone else. From what I've read, you might need a professional opinion.

*sigh* well thanks for your opinion maybe i'll bring ut up next time they fight confused  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:43 am
Hotau

*sigh* well thanks for your opinion maybe i'll bring ut up next time they fight confused

User Image

I'm really sorry, but it just feels like your at that point that talking it over by yourselves won't help.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Hotau

Sweet Lunatic

14,825 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:46 am
Rubai Sora
Hotau

User Image

I'm really sorry, but it just feels like your at that point that talking it over by yourselves won't help.

yea maybe.... these past fights like a cpl months ago, they've been talking about divorce and who i want to stay with...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:48 am
Hotau

yea maybe.... these past fights like a cpl months ago, they've been talking about divorce and who i want to stay with...

User Image

Well, if it comes to you having to choose, just listen to your heart.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Hotau

Sweet Lunatic

14,825 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:53 am
Rubai Sora
Hotau

User Image

My heart is being selfish and telling me that I want both of them : x  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:58 am
Hotau

User Image

Yeah, I know how that is. My parents went through a rough patch around middle school for me. They were having arguments constantly and it scared me. (I later found out the reason was that my mom found out my dad was cheating on her, evidently again.) I had a friend whose parents were divorced so she helped me through it. Even though I preferred my mom, I didn't want to have to chose because I still love them both so much. They solved their problem because they both loved me and didn't want to put too much stress on me. I know this isn't the same situation for you, but it just shows I didn't want to make that choice.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Hotau

Sweet Lunatic

14,825 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:00 am
Rubai Sora
Hotau

User Image

Yeah, I know how that is. My parents went through a rough patch around middle school for me. They were having arguments constantly and it scared me. (I later found out the reason was that my mom found out my dad was cheating on her, evidently again.) I had a friend whose parents were divorced so she helped me through it. Even though I preferred my mom, I didn't want to have to chose because I still love them both so much. They solved their problem because they both loved me and didn't want to put too much stress on me. I know this isn't the same situation for you, but it just shows I didn't want to make that choice.

Yea well thanks for understanding =P  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:30 am
User Image User Image

Oh dear, that is a tough situation to be in. How about this: you let them go their own separate ways again. Then, you just visit one or the other every now and then. You see, living as a "complete" family might not be the best thing for all of you. Your entire household's kind of messed up because of the tension, and from the way I see it, things might not end up good for all of you if you continue to live like that. Whereas if your parents separate again, everyone's mood will lighten up a bit, easing the tension in your house. You could still see your dad and continue your relationship with him. I'm sure your mom won't prevent you from visiting him every now and then seeing as she agreed to live with him again just for your sake.

I know my suggestion might sound horrible to you, but you have to think of the consequences in the future. A short-term solution will only work, well, in the short run of things. But in the end, you're back at square one again. It's not an easy situation to be in, particularly at such a young age, but that's life, you can't choose what problems you'll have.

Hang in there dearie emotion_hug

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:57 am
Hotau
Rubai Sora
Hotau

User Image

Louisa Iris said it right. You can have both of them. They just won't live in the same roof and so you would spend time with your mom and dad separately.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:03 am
Louisa Iris
User Image User Image

Oh dear, that is a tough situation to be in. How about this: you let them go their own separate ways again. Then, you just visit one or the other every now and then. You see, living as a "complete" family might not be the best thing for all of you. Your entire household's kind of messed up because of the tension, and from the way I see it, things might not end up good for all of you if you continue to live like that. Whereas if your parents separate again, everyone's mood will lighten up a bit, easing the tension in your house. You could still see your dad and continue your relationship with him. I'm sure your mom won't prevent you from visiting him every now and then seeing as she agreed to live with him again just for your sake.

I know my suggestion might sound horrible to you, but you have to think of the consequences in the future. A short-term solution will only work, well, in the short run of things. But in the end, you're back at square one again. It's not an easy situation to be in, particularly at such a young age, but that's life, you can't choose what problems you'll have.

Hang in there dearie emotion_hug

User ImageUser Image

I don't mind living with one of them, but I don't want to live with my dad alone because he really strict sometimes when it comes to certain things, and if I live with my mom he'll stay out of our life  

Hotau

Sweet Lunatic

14,825 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hotau

Sweet Lunatic

14,825 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:03 am
XxAriaxX
Hotau
Rubai Sora
Hotau

User Image

Louisa Iris said it right. You can have both of them. They just won't live in the same roof and so you would spend time with your mom and dad separately.

I've already considered that, but if I live with either of them alone, there's a con to both  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff