Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Fundraising for Top Surgery?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChillyNeko13

Beloved Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:34 pm
Okay, I recently came out to my mother as transgendered. At first, she told me that she would throw me out if I went through with the transition, but after talking to her for a while, she told me that she would love me no matter what, but that she would have nothing to do with my transition and would continue to see me as female and call me by my birth name for the rest of my life. scream
Which brings me to my problem. I am almost completely financially dependent on my mother at the moment and she refuses to even loan me the money for my top surgery. It's all I can do to save up dollar bills and spare change, which I calculated would take be about five years to save up the $6,500 for the cost of the surgery.
For a full-time college student with a part-time job, the amount seems a little daunting. Does anyone have any fundraising suggestions or tips?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:40 pm
Maybe get in touch with the head of your school's LGBT center (or one nearby if your school doesn't have one) and start inquiring about any programs in place or any fundraising drives you might get initiated with their help.  

Purple Robot Queen

ChillyNeko13

Beloved Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:51 pm
Purple Robot King
Maybe get in touch with the head of your school's LGBT center (or one nearby if your school doesn't have one) and start inquiring about any programs in place or any fundraising drives you might get initiated with their help.

That would be plausible if I lived anywhere near anything to do with the LGBT community. The closest thing to me (in southern Alabama) is almost a three hour drive away. :/ I'll give them a shot, though. At least they might be able to help in some way.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:12 pm
ChillyNeko13
Purple Robot King

That would be plausible if I lived anywhere near anything to do with the LGBT community. The closest thing to me (in southern Alabama) is almost a three hour drive away. :/ I'll give them a shot, though. At least they might be able to help in some way.

Yeah, never hurts to check. Sorry I don't have any advice to offer that's more useful confused  

Purple Robot Queen

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff