Girls, I need your help! [Done! Link Inside] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feezle

Snowfriend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Hey! The video is done! Not exaaaactly to my liking, but it was interesting to do nonetheless.

Thank you again for those of you who contributed, it helped bunches! heart

Echoes

Hey everyone. I'm currently in a Podcasting course at my university, and need your help with my final audio/video project.

I will be making a video that complies a wide array of memories submitted to me by friends, aquaintances, and even the likely case of complete strangers.

My goal in making this video is to create an emotional response among the audience, hopefully drawing up old or forgotten memories in their own minds.

Now, where you girls come in.

I need memories! Old, new, long, short, anything and everything!

So if you girls could possibly help me by contributing memories of your own, I would be incredibly grateful.

Also, when writing your memories, I would greatly appreciate it if you would write them as if you were physically telling me of them. Type how you would talk.

[b]Initials:[/b]

[b]Nervous Tick/Physical habit:[/b]

[b]Memory:[/b]

So if I were doing this, I would post a list as follows:

Feezle

Initials: T. L.

Nervous Tick/Physical habit: Talking with my hands. Holding my hands between my knees. Bowing my head. Saying "Uhm" too much.

Memory: I was never that great with reading when I was a little kid. One thing I'll never forget though, is how I knew how to play 5-Card stud before I could even read, thanks to my Grandma.

Also, for those of you who may be worried, I will guarantee anonymity within my piece.

Once I'm done, I will post a link to the video hosted on my Vimeo page.

Thank you greatly in advance to any and all of you who participate! heart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:32 pm

;-; No one..?

Feezle

Snowfriend

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:48 pm
Sure, I guess I could help.

Initials: B.H.

Nervous Tick/Physical habit: Shake my right leg when sitting. Biting my thumb when thinking (like L from Death Note). Putting my hands on my back when looking for something.

Memory: I never really looked my age. So when there was a Christmas pageant for my night school, I naturally wanted to be Mary. They randomly picked a name out of a hat, and I didn't get it. Then they wanted 4 people to do narration and they wanted kids older than a certain age. I was too young at the time, but they needed a 4th person. A girl next to me said I should do it, so I asked. They let me because I looked old enough.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:21 am

Thank you very much, Rubai. This will help tons.

Feezle

Snowfriend

Lozzieful

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:34 am
Of course! :> All the best with the podcasting course!

Initials: L.C

Nervous Tick/Physical habit: Avoiding eye contact a lot. Fidgeting.

Memory: I mind when I was wee, my mum n' dad had an auld Morris Minor sitting in the back garden. Wasn't used for anything really; it like had weeds, rust n' all that on it. It was still like my wee haven, though. Me and this other kid used to like eat sandwiches in it whilst our ma's watched from the house, and we'd like climb in and out of the sun roof hatch. I really miss that wee banger.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:49 am

Thank you, Lozzieful!

Feezle

Snowfriend

The Terrible Trivium

Questionable Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:05 am
Initials: N.W.

Nervous Tick/Physical habit: Brushing hair away from my face. Laughing; I laugh a lot at appropriate and inappropriate times.

Memory: When I was seven I decided I wanted to play a prank on my dad. After some thought I decided I would set a trap by balancing a bucket of stuff on the top of a door so it would fall on him when he went through. I carefully gathered soft things to fill the bucket with like colorful feathers and ribbons. Once I had filled the bucket, I then climbed up on a wicker laundry basket to place my trap atop the door. Just as I got everything in place the wicker laundry basket gave out and shattered beneath me. My startled scream brought my dad running into the room. Much to my joy the trap work perfectly, and the bucket tipped directly onto his head. I'll never forget the look of confusion on my dad's face as the brightly colored feathers floated through the air. I'm sure he'll never forget the sight of me sitting in the middle of the smashed laundry basket with a bleeding gash on my knee as I somehow managed to laugh and cry at the same time. To this day that was the only time I had to go to the emergency room, and I still have the scar on my knee. It was so worth it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:35 am
Initials: M.S

Nervous Tick/Physical habit: I pull my hair and avoid eye contact

Memory: I was a late learner for quite a few things. I didn't learn to ride a bike til I was older than most. When I was finally able to I was so excited! I loved feeling the wind in my hair, and going at high speed down hills! I fell down all the time, but I didn't care it was so freeing to know I had finally accomplished something. Even if it was something most knew how to do when they were young, now I could join in and ride bikes with friends!  

Violet-Shay

Shy Dabbler

16,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:42 am
Initials: KMB

Nervous Tick/Physical habit: unable to sit still, can't make eye contact

Memory: this was in 4th grade, i believe. my grade had a class trip, where we went to Marine Land (bored out of my mind), and we went down to PA and stayed overnight. The next morning, we went to Splash Lagoon. Weather outside: dreary, rain.
Inside: TROPICAL SUMMER -w-
a girl who was about six had the same bathing suit as me XD
we had made reservations or something there, because there was another school that also are in the one area reserved for such things. we had a big ol' sign welcoming us, and they had two tables in the whole room owo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:51 am
Initials: CJC

Nervous Tick/Physical habit: Play with my hands and itch my head

Memory: When I was a kid my dad used to work on farms and in one particular had a donkey named Bobo. Well when he used to work there, he would take me and my sister with him to see Bobo and give him carrots and to pet him. When I mentioned this to dad years later when I was 18 he was surprised that I remembered Bobo the donkey.  

Eclairl

Lavish Flatterer

11,825 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

StrayKit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:14 pm
Initials: M.J

Nervous Tick/Physical habit: in large groups of people i don't know i chew on the wrist cuff of my jacket sleeve of make fists and repeatedly rub my knuckles and the backs of my fingers together to distract myself from the anxiety.

Memory: the first time i visited family in New York City, one of my most enjoyable memories was in the care with my dad, little brother and my uncle, dad's little brother. we were driving to my uncles and we had the radio on when Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" came on. i shocked my uncle that i could sing all the lyrics by memory without stumbling and i was only 10 years old. my dad laughed and said that of course i knew that kind of music by heart because it was in the house most of the time and i liked it, so at the next song i knew my uncle turned up the volume and joined in on the singing! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:56 am

Oh my, so many more that I didn't even get notices about!
Thank you, girls!
This will all help greatly. I hope to have a link up here by Friday at the latest.

Thank you all again. heart

Feezle

Snowfriend

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:28 am
Initials: T.W.

Nervous Tick/Physical habit: Bitting my nails, and cracking my knuckles.

Memory: When I was about 6 my twin and I had just came from visiting my great grandmother. She was in a hospital, at the time I thought that she lived there, but she was really old and sick. After we left our mom came and picked us up from our dad's house since every other weekend we spend with our mom. Later that night my mom got a phone call from our dad. Our great grandmother passed away, and mom tried to explain it to us, but we didn't understand. We didn't understand how someone we had just seen was gone. I remember my twin sister and I was telling our mom that she was wrong and we just seen her, that dad must have meant that she was sick. So, our mom tried to explain, but we couldn't understand.

I didn't understand it for a lot time, but she must have wanted to see my twin and I before she left us, and was waiting on that.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 am

Initials: J.N.

Nervous Tick/Physical habit: I never know what to do with my hands when I'm standing still, talking to someone so I wring them, rub my neck, touch my hair, smoke a cigarette, haha! Anything! It's really quite annoying, I know.

Memory: When I was nineteen my cousin and I were at a Safeway gas station with my brother. We were talking, laughing, waiting for my brother to fill up the tank so we could head home and throw back a few! When out of the corner of my eye I see, what else? but the Delorean from Back to The Future! "Holy, s**t, chase that car!!" My cousin and I yelled. We followed it around the parking lot to the back of the building where the guy who owned it was delivering something. We apologised for being fanatics and promptly bombarded him with questions about the Deloreon, followed by pictures! In a small town like Coolidge you just don't expect to see something like that-- nothing happens here-- so it was one hell of an experience! ^_^

Good luck with your project! Let us know how it goes! emotion_yatta

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

Feezle

Snowfriend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:15 am

All done!
It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked thanks to time constraints. D:
But its still not bad.
I used everyone's memories except Lozzieful. I tried really, really hard to read it right, but I couldn't do yours any justice, so I omitted it because I didn't wanna make it sound like I was making fun of it. ono

But thank you again for all of your help! I couldn't have done it without you girls.
I should have it uploaded later today, so I'll post the link then.

heart

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces