Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Can I please have advice?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inari Lugria

7,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:43 am
Okay so I'm in college and I'm not out. There is a guy I like and more than a single source of mine also says he may be gay. I'm pretty sure he likes me too but I have never approached anyone guy or girl about their sexuality or about liking them. When ever we see each other we do an awkward "hi". I also find him staring at me in the dining halls sometimes. I want to start by trying to have an actually conversation but its hard because I over think the conversation. Help Please =)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:00 am
Oh man. last year when I started college I was in a similar situation. Meeting a guy and having to go through the awkward game of trying to find out "Hi, are you straight, and if so, how straight". I would greet him at the dining hall and go to events I he'd go to, and ask his friends if he's into guys or not,

but ultimately all that was just needless drama and also felt kind of creepy on my part, so I just laid it out on the deck and asked him out. He said no. But, I was still really relieved because now I wasn't going crazy trying to decipher everything he said and did to search for possible clues that he was into me.

If he seems cool and nice and you feel it's not dangerous, just go for it and try and ask him if he might be interested in a romantic chat over coffee sometime.

I made the mistake of not being very upfront, and every time I tried to ask him out, he misinterpreted it as me just wanting to hang out with him as a friend. What I thought was going to be a Saturday night movie date at his place turned out to be a movie marathon with three of his friends. :U So make your intentions clear, and possibly even double check that you both are aware it is supposed to be a date
If he says yes, hurray, and if he's straight or just not interested, you won't have wasted a ton of time and energy worrying yourself silly over it.  

Enderlad

Inari Lugria

7,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:09 pm
Enderlad

Thank You
-your help is appreciated biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:06 pm
I honestly wouldn't stress it.
Make small talk with him, progress/initiate a friendship and I'm sure as things go along it'll become more natural for both of you to open up.
Who knows, maybe you'll find the urge to say "hey, I like you" or perhaps it will be vise verse.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers