Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Confused about my orientation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:05 pm
For many years now I have identified myself as gay but now im not too sure. This thanksgiving my childhood sweetheart visited me. We caught up and we talked about a lot of things. She kept flirting with me though, and later on during the day I just felt overwhelmed with feelings and I kissed her. I really like her but I dont find her attractive. I cant imagine what sex would be like, i wouldn't know what to do at all and I don't know if I would enjoy it. But this girl and I have so much history, and I dont know what I am, I feel ashamed that I feel like this like Im breaking the no girls rule.
I dont know what Im asking here, I just wanted to tell someone.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:30 pm
You are obviously still young hun. Explore what really makes you- you. But sometimes you are just attracted to the person, not the physical trait. So just because you like her, doesn't quite mean you love her. It's a combination of both. But it something you should definitely think on. Why are you gay? What makes you gay? How do you know you are gay?  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:11 pm
It is my personal belief that regardless of gender and perceived orientation people can genuinely be attracted to other people just for the sake of it.

I consider myself to be gay however I would never be put off or perhaps be in denial because I developed feelings for a woman. I think it's entirely possible for straight people to fall for people of the same gender and for homosexual people to fall for people of the opposite gender.

Sometimes we see certain people for more than just their gender and we even go beyond our own perceived sexualities.

I wouldn't over think, nor would I consider you to be not gay simply because you still have strong feelings for your childhood sweetheart.

Don't worry so much about what you call yourself so long as you embrace yourself for all that you are.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:27 pm
******** amazing  

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:03 pm
Hm. Well, there's a slang term for people in your situation: homoflexible. Basically it means you're pretty much gay but it would be possible for you to fall in love with someone of the opposite sex in certain circumstances.
Don't get too caught up with the labels bit so much though. It's best to just live your life and love who you love.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games