Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[EXAM] Professor Malcolm (Mixed Group) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:15 am
It was still snowing outside, infecting almost everyone with Joy; it was not enough to harm them, but it was certainly enough to cause students and staff alike to embrace the Christmas spirit... Even if everything felt a little unnatural and forced.

For example, the reigndeer antler headband that was sent to each student's room, along with a note notifying them of their upcoming examination.

Note sent to room
Advancement Exam

Venue: Classroom 13
Time: 10am - Moonday

*Please be punctual; latecomers will not be allowed to participate.

[OOC: This means that if you did not post in at least once within 48 hours from the time of summon, I have the right to remove you from this exam and put you in a solo exam/pass you over to someone else! Don't worry, it's not a permanent DQ from all exams, just this one!

PS. The "time" stated there is just flavor text!]

Professor Malcolm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:35 am
When the students arrived at the classroom, they would notice that the place was decorated with several red and green Christmas lights. Malcolm himself was wearing a reigndeer antler headband, one similar to the one that he had sent the students. He greeted each student as they entered, and handed them a box of red and green Christmas lights each.

"Your task is fairly simple," He explained, pointing at the side of the wall, "Hang these up, and make sure that they light up. I've provided you with step ladders so that you can reach where you're supposed to be hanging these up..."

Exam Mechanics
-> Roll 1d10:
--> Even = PASS! You did it correctly, and they light up! Time to move on to the next string of lights.
--> Odd = FAIL! You must had messed up the wiring, because it doesn't work. Redo it!
-> You can only roll a total of 6 times!
-> By the end of the 6 rolls, you need to have at least 3 working lights; feel free to stop at 3, even if you have left over rolls!

-> You may choose to help out another character with your leftover rolls; this means that if another character had failed to make it to 3 working lights after exhausting their turns, you can ICly have your student go up to them and help them by using up your remaining rolls.

--> For Uller and Rosciel, failure will mean failure in your exam.
--> For Frost in the Storm, failure will mean MORE SUFFERING in part 2 of your exam.

Edit/Paste this form at the bottom of your every post!

[color=green][b]LET THERE BE LIGHT[/b][/color]
[b]Turn:[/b] 1/6
[b]Total working lights:[/b] (REMEMBER AT LEAST 3!)

[b]Am I helping someone out?:[/b] (N/A or THEIR NAME HERE IF SO!)

When you are done, please quote me at the bottom of your post. <3 This will make it easier for me to check your results!  

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 am
SUMMONING O.O

Y1 -> Y2 Advancement Exam
Reeshie Hack
Student Name: Rosciel

Saint Sergio
Student Name: Glasere Uller

Y2 -> Y3 Advancement Exam
iStoleYurVamps
Student Name: Frost in the Storm

You may start the exam whenever!
-> Please remember to put the form (look at the post above this one) at the bottom of ALL YOUR POSTS!
-> You may post as many times as you need/before you run out of turns!
-> QUOTE whoever you are addressing, to notify them~

Do not post your character up for arts till this exam is officially over; aka until I make a GM post about it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:38 am
Remember to read ALL THE POSTS before you start!

Good luck!

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Reeshie Hack rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 am
As increasingly not surprisingly usual, Rosciel had shown up not only on time for his exam, but early. As grouchy as he tended to be in the mornings, he was really rather punctual when going to class and this really did seem like a necessary situation. He wasn't wearing the antlers Malcolm had sent, but he was actually wearing a lighter red button-down unlike his usual bandages and leather coat.

Hang the lights? That was their exam? What... Well, he wasn't going to complain. If this was going to be his exam, that was fine by him.
Now, telling if the lights were actually on was going to be a little more difficult for him than the other boils, he had little doubt. But he was sure he'd manage.

With just a small nod to the professor, he took his box and walked to a spot on the wall to start his work.

LET THERE BE LIGHT
Turn: 1/6
Total working lights: -

Am I helping someone out?: N/A  
Reeshie Hack rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:05 pm
Rosc took a few minutes hanging up the lights. It really wasn't too much trouble, hanging things was probably the easy part.

When he turned the lights on (in theory), he waited a few seconds before lightly touching one of the bulbs. It wasn't hot. And that meant the lights weren't working. Great.
One of the bulbs could be screwed into the string wrong... So he turned them off again and went through, checking to make sure each one was connected right, this task longer than the first since he had to keep moving the step-ladder in smaller intervals.

LET THERE BE LIGHT
Turn: 2/6
Total working lights: 1

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Bronze Coffee rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:12 pm
Uller had shown up on time as well. He wore his heavy coat and usual pants and shoes because he had a feeling he was going to be here with non Arctic monsters or a demon or something. Stepping in, he saw he was right. Sighing, he shifted the reindeer antlers behind his own real antlers and looked about the room until it was explained what was going to happen.

...really? That was it? Well. How simple this would be.

He watched another student string up one set of lights and then mess things up on the second before focusing on his own work. However, these lights were different from what he was used to doing back home.

Huh. Plugging it up after he was done trying to correct the wires, he saw none of them lighting up. "Well, this is going to be more difficult than I thought," he said, hoping to get a bit of conversation going.

Reeshie Hack

LET THERE BE LIGHT
Turn: 1/6
Total working lights: --

Reeshie Hack rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:47 pm
"Probably," Rosc replied as he moved his ladder to another place on the wall and started hanging up the second pair of lights. Must have been all that Christmas cheer going around, he'd normally have just ignored the other boil. He hadn't said much at all, but it was more than he probably would have.

"Not the easiest of tasks when they're picky on the wiring." Oh goodness, all of the talking!

LET THERE BE LIGHT
Turn: 3/6

Saint Sergio

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Reeshie Hack rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:53 pm
Jack dammit, this string wasn't working either, if the coolness of the bulb had anything to do with it. He was starting to think that the strings he'd been given all had a faulty bulb in them. Next set he'd check before he strung them up.

A slight frown on his face, Rosc went back over this set as well, trying to find the culprit.

LET THERE BE LIGHT
Turn: 4/6
Total working lights: 2

Bronze Coffee rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:06 pm
Sighing at the talking, he nodded and unplugged his lights to try the wires again. "I just don't understand this type of wiring," he murmured, sighing a little more and rubbed his face. Ugh, he was getting nowhere fast with this. Letting his ears flick this way and that, he tried it again.

No go.

"Well, what am I doing wrong?" He muttered to himself, biting on his lip as he unplugged and tried again.

LET THERE BE LIGHT
Turn:2/6
Total working lights: (REMEMBER AT LEAST 3!)

Am I helping someone out?: No  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Bronze Coffee rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:21 pm
He sighed a little more and and grumbled under his breath. He got a little shock from this attempted and he let out a curse. Growling, Uller just put his finger in his mouth and glared hard at the lights. He wanted to step on them. However, the CHEER he was feeling, unnervingly forced and kept him slightly SMILING. Slightly.

LET THERE BE LIGHT
Turn:3/6
Total working lights: 0

Reeshie Hack rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:27 pm
"Give me a second. If I can get this, I'll see if I can give you a hand," Rosc said to the other boil and started checking his lights first, rather than putting them up. Yeah, definitely that Christmas snow affecting him.

When he finally got through them, up they went. It was almost kind of funny how Rosc sort of held his breath before pressing three fingers to one of the bulbs.

LET THERE BE LIGHT
Turn: 5/6
Total working lights: 3!

Saint Sergio

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Bronze Coffee rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:36 pm
As the other boil said he'd help him, Uller's hard work seemed to have paid off. Plugging in the lights, he saw the string light up and he gave a happy little noise. FINALLY. Ugh. "That'd probably be helpful," he answered, going to the step ladder provided to string it up. He made sure it looked good before he stepped down and went to the next string.

"Now if I can remember how to do it, with your help, it shouldn't be too hard."

LET THERE BE LIGHT
Turn: 4/6

Reeshie Hack

Reeshie Hack rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 pm
Rosc finished his lights and headed over to where the antlered boil was working. He took a string of lights from the boil's box and started checking them.
"I noticed it helped to check them before you put them up. Less work," he replied as he went about it. After a few minutes he figured they were all fine and moved his ladder to start putting them up.

"This string... should work." Hopefully he hadn't jinxed it.

LET THERE BE LIGHT
Turn: 6/6
Total working lights: 3! +1 for Uller

Am I helping someone out?: Glasere Uller

Saint Sergio

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Bronze Coffee rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:48 pm
Uller nodded and watched the boil work with the wires and blinked as he plugged it up and tried. Oh, well then. He was clearly having better luck than Uller. "Thanks.. I'm Uller, by the way," he murmured softly, going to string up that set. "I haven't seen you around." Nor had he noticed that the other boil couldn't really see, but whatever. He'd figure it out eventually.

Walking back down, he tried the next string by himself.

"Seems you rubbed some good luck off on me," he said with a smirk. "Got the third string to work." With that, he shifted to string those up as well and sighed. It was starting to look kind of pretty in here. Made him think about decorating his own room in lights like this.

LET THERE BE LIGHT
Turn: 5/6
Total working lights: 2 + 1 from Reeshie = 3

Reeshie Hack

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items