Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Suppose there was a LGBT "cure". Would you take it? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:46 pm
I would be like "get that poison away from me, I want to be a woman and don't care if it sounds weird".  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:22 pm
Bao Sanniang
I would be like "get that poison away from me, I want to be a woman and don't care if it sounds weird".

(Im not sure if I could consider this nightblogging because of the timezones but it is 1:21 am here and this is a really weird question lol) i dont.... Hm.... Life would be dull. I sure as hell wouldnt take it.  

Galluxee

Sparkly Streaker

8,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:52 am
Nope. I like being a girl who likes girls...I don't know exactly why I like it, but I do. So I would say "b***h, get that X-Men s**t away from me fo I sock you in yo temple!"... Just like that. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:24 am
Absolutely NOT! Love is love, peoples!

heart  

Paradox the Finder

Ruthless Dreamer

25,650 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Survivor 150

On_A_Cold_Stormy_Night

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:39 pm
No freakin way, I love being a lesbian whee  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:32 pm
I think it depends on how worried you are of others stereotyping you negatively...or whether or not you view homosexuality negatively.

I honestly don't mind the idea of going lesbian - I find it kinda exciting actually - not to sound creepy.  

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

thegoodsamaritan

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:26 am
Absolutely goddamn NOT. I've worked too hard to accept myself for who I am to ruin it all with some hypothetical miracle Jesus pill. This is not something that needs to be cured. You do not just "pray away the gay." This is not something that can, or should be, resisted.

I don't need a cure. I don't want a cure. I am a bisexual male and goddamn proud of it. I apologize for getting so heated about it, but this is a bit of a sore spot for me, sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:53 am
thegoodsamaritan
Absolutely goddamn NOT. I've worked too hard to accept myself for who I am to ruin it all with some hypothetical miracle Jesus pill. This is not something that needs to be cured. You do not just "pray away the gay." This is not something that can, or should be, resisted.

I don't need a cure. I don't want a cure. I am a bisexual male and goddamn proud of it. I apologize for getting so heated about it, but this is a bit of a sore spot for me, sorry.
Didn't mean to upset anyone.

I actually left my parents' religion risking the possibility their beliefs were right and I was rejecting god because I could never get rid of the "sinful" desire despite being faithful to the religion for 23 years.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Owl_Partita

Fashionable Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:37 am
Never, My mother kicked me out of the house when I was 16 for being Bisexual. I was never mad at her for doing it, I was just sad she didn't wanted me in her life anymore. My friend took me in his house and moved on with my life till I went to college. I accepted myself for who I am, it's not a disease, why would they insist it is?. God doesn't choose who I choose to love. Love is love. LGBT it's not ok. IT'S fabulous!!!!! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:10 pm
No I wouldn't take it. I am very proud of who I am u.u''  

big moods

Snarky Man-Lover

16,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Hiss of Love 200

Seraphim of Forgiveness
Captain

Blessed Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Bao Sanniang
Ive honestly thought about this when i frist realized i was gay. I always thought no, Im proud to be gay. Its who i am, im different,  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:48 am
Bao Sanniang
thegoodsamaritan

I actually left my parents' religion risking the possibility their beliefs were right and I was rejecting god because I could never get rid of the "sinful" desire despite being faithful to the religion for 23 years.

Interesting you felt the need to leave your faith due to the prejudice's of mere humans.
Consider this-
What if Gods answer to children's prayers who have no family is a gay couple who cannot create children of their own?
What if God's answer to over population are couples who together cannot produce offspring?

Love is not sinful. Love and kindness are the opposing forces of hate and cruelty.

I hope in time, if it adds a richness and positive energy to your life, you can find your way back to a faith you used to feel happy with.  

Bits Of Silver
Crew

Sparkling Lunatic

Bits Of Silver
Crew

Sparkling Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:55 am
20 years ago I can attest the answer would be different.
It was a more difficult time to be LGBT.

Today, with how the world has changed, how cultures have shifted, and to consider how they will continue change there is no point to taking a magic medicine that would change the very core of all you are into something new.

It isnt worth the risk of being a whole new different person.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:46 am
Bits Of Silver
Bao Sanniang
thegoodsamaritan

Interesting you felt the need to leave your faith due to the prejudice's of mere humans.
Consider this-
What if Gods answer to children's prayers who have no family is a gay couple who cannot create children of their own?
What if God's answer to over population are couples who together cannot produce offspring?

Love is not sinful. Love and kindness are the opposing forces of hate and cruelty.

I hope in time, if it adds a richness and positive energy to your life, you can find your way back to a faith you used to feel happy with.
Wow, forgot that post. Well it was a Christian religion that rather strictly enforced the anti LGBT ideas Judiasm and Christianity have come to be hated for.

I kinda have a dread of organized belief systems anymore.

Sometime after that post I actually looked up all the stuff my religion said not to look up and what I found was full of actual documented and photographed stuff showing the religion taught people not to read it because they would leave the religion in an instant if they saw it instead of only being spoonfed what the religion's leaders said. The folks in charge of it basically let time erase memory of older beliefs and statements then retroactively told a very different story about stuff modern believers would be shocked by, or simply said "we never said that, that's a lie told to make you leave us".

But no big deal, I took up cherrypicking the good stuff from the world's religions, the stuff that encourages togetherness, kindness, and peace, while basically leaving out the excluding stuff and physically/mentally harmful stuff while leaving anything from that them that is not harmful that cannot be proven as a matter of "time well tell if it's true or not".  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:10 pm
Even if I was born physically male like I was suppose to be, I still enjoy being bi way too much. Can't cure whats not broken.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff