Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe
Evolving Items Guide Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aramaa

Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:03 pm
Introduction

Many of the people in this guild are new, or have just recently returned, to Gaia. And let's face it, if you haven't been here during all these changes and new features, you could easily get lost in the site. Or at the very least, it'll take a while getting used to.

One thing that confuses newbs more often than not is the idea of Evolving Items. Probably because Gaia's like the only site to have Evolving Items. But anyway, this guide will (hopefully) help clear up any questions or misconceptions about Evolving Items.

* Please do not quote the front page posts. You can quote parts of the posts, but please, not the whole post as it would stretch the page.

Updates:
⇢ 12-13-12: Guide created.

Index

At the bottom of each post, there will be an index for more convenience, for it is a long guide, with a lot of scrolling. There will be links to all the other posts.

Post ⅰ ⇢ Introduction
Post ⅱ ⇢ FAQ
Post ⅲ ⇢ Terms
Post ⅳ ⇢ Evolving Item Reports
Post ⅴ ⇢ Evolutions
Post ⅵ ⇢ Generations
Post ⅶ ⇢ Current Evolving Items
Post ⅷ ⇢ Complete Evolving Item List  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:04 pm
Frequently Asked Questions

What do I have to do to make my item evolve?
Your items will grow and change on their own; you don't have to feed them, keep them equipped, make a certain number of posts or anything of that sort. All it takes is patience. Your item will evolve depending on when you bought it; for example, people who bought Fausto's Bottle within the first two weeks will all see their items evolve at the same time.

When will my item start evolving?
Different items will grow at different rates. Some may evolve in just a week or two, but others may take a month to start growing. Some grow quickly at first, but take longer and longer between each successive change. Each item has its own schedule.

Will Gaia announce when an item is about to change?
While the evolution schedule is planned out in advance, only Gaia employees know for sure when your items will evolve. Do not harass staff members either. There are weekly Evolving Item Reports that will introduce a new item as well as which of the current Evolving Items are evolving.

Will evolving items stay in the store forever?
Unlike regular store items or Monthly Collectibles, the Cash Shop has an ever-changing selection. Some evolving items may be removed from the store before they start evolving, while others may stick around. Certain items may have more than one "series"; they may be pulled from the store for a few weeks, but be reintroduced later in different colors or with different stages of evolution.

When an item evolves, will I be able to revert back to its previous look?
Evolving items change over time; as they change, you will not be able to revert the items back to their original look. That is, when an item evolves, it evolves permanently. You will only be able to equip a pose from a previous phase when the item has fully evolved.

Introduction | FAQ | Terms | EIR | Evolutions | Generations | Current EI | Complete EI

aramaa

Wizard

aramaa

Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:05 pm
Terms

Just some things to know before we get started. Abbreviations will be used for the rest of the guide.

Evolve:
⇢ The action of an item wherein it loses one set of poses in order to gain another. An item cannot go back to a previous pose. When an item is fully evolved, it will have access to every single pose from every single evolutionary stage.

Cash Shop ↠ CS
⇢ Where most Evolving Items can be bought for a limited time with Gaia Cash. When an item evolves, the Generation in the Cash Shop moves up. This means that the Generation in the Cash Shop is always the least evolved (more explained later).
Visit the CS here.

Evolving Item ↠ EI
⇢ "Ever-changing items that get cooler all the time." Evolving Items are any items that undergo the process of evolving.

Evolving Item Museum ↠ EIM
⇢ "Evolving Items grow and change over time — they start small, but end up amazing. Check out their glorious history below, and see why they've become Gaia's most popular items!"
It has an archive of all the EI reports, every EI as well as its status (which generation, or if its finished, etc), and links to buy the EI in the cash shop (if it's still ongoing) or the marketplace.
Visit the Museum here.

Evolving Item Report ↠ EIR
⇢ A report that comes out every Friday that details the latest EI and the most recent evolutions.

Gaia Cash ↠ GC
⇢ The only currency accepted in the cash shop.
If you're interested in buying or earning GC, visit here.

Generation ↠ Gen
⇢ The Generation of an EI refers to when it was put in the cash shop in relation to the First Generation of said item. The first time it's in the cash shop, the item is considered 1st gen. At the next EIR, the 1st gen will be taken out of the cash shop, and replaced with the 2nd gen, and so on. The 1st gen is the oldest, and the highest numbered gen is the youngest, or most recent. It will be explained later on.

Rapidly Evolving Item ↠ REI
⇢ A special kind of Evolving Item that doesn't lose poses when it evolves. and generally adds one pose a day for several days before it is finished. Typically, a REI will be released in a single gen and the when it is done evolving a second generation will be added with all the poses already available. These items tend to have fewer overall poses, but they do finish more quickly.

Introduction | FAQ | Terms | EIR | Evolutions | Generations | Current EI | Complete EI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:06 pm
Evolving Item Reports

I'd like to start off with some snippets from the very first Evolving Item Report. You can see the whole post there.

Dr. Singh and Timmy
User Image

Dr. Singh: Thanks, Timmy! I recently found out that the importers over at the Gaia Cash Shop have been offering some rare evolving items for sale, so I thought I'd give everyone some quick insight into how they work. Each type of Evolving Item will grow at its own pace. They start out like you: small, shrill and ungainly. As they grow, they'll become larger and more complicated. Who knows, Timmy-- one day you might grow up, too!

Timmy: I sure hope not, doc! So how do I know when my item is gonna change?

Dr. Singh: I'm still conducting research into the strange biology of evolving items. Sometime soon I'll be unveiling my findings to the world in the form of an Evolving Items Profile Page. You'll be able to check it any time to see the latest updates on item evolution!

Dr Singh and Timmy
Timmy: What if I buy one from the Cash Shop today? Will it already be changed?

Dr. Singh: No, Timmy. Evolving items are sold in generations. If you buy Fausto's Bottle today, you'll receive the second generation of the item, so it will take some time to start evolving. Once the second generation begins to evolve, the Cash Shop will begin selling a third generation, and so on. If you want to buy an evolving item, don't hesitate too much… items in the Cash Shop are subject to change, so you might miss your chance if you wait too long!

Timmy: Wowee zowee! So the sooner I buy an evolving item, the quicker it'll get to its final stage?

Dr. Singh: Exactly!

I took the liberty of bolding the most important part. As you can see, every evolving item will grow at its own pace. Some might evolve every week, and some might take as long as once a month to evolve.
In the second quote, they explain the concept of generations. if you still don't understand generations, don't worry, it'll be explained in another post.

EI reports can be found in the Community Announcement. They come out once a week on Fridays, always titled as "EI Report: whatever EI's currently evolving!" Whatever EI is listed in the title is the one that is evolving that week. It's important to note that these EIs deal with the 1st gen (which will be further explained later).

aramaa

Wizard

aramaa

Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 pm
When does it evolve?

It will evolve on its own.

You do not, and cannot, do anything that will make your item evolve. It doesn't matter how you got it (trading, the cash shop, under your pillow, whatever) or how you use it. The only thing that you need to do is own the item.

It will evolve on its own.

So now, you understand that nothing you do will make an item evolve any slower or faster. But wait, you say, when exactly does the EI evolve?

There are a few ways of estimating the time between evolutions. One great way is to check how much it costs. Most EIs now cost either 99, 499, or 999 GC. The 499 GC EIs tend to evolve once a week. The 999 GC ones tend to evolve every other week. As for the 99 GC items, they tend to be updated sporadically.

Another good place to check is tektek.org's list of evolving items, which tracks the first generation of each item. However, it's not a comprehensive list, so the EI you're looking for might not be on that list.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 pm
Generations

↠ Generations are not the same as phases.
↠ Eventually, every generation will have every phase and every pose unlocked.

A phase is a set of poses available to an item.
The generation number of an item will never change. If you had a Kottan Bell 7th gen, it will never be the same as any other generation of Kottan Bell. This applies to ALL evolving items. If you wish to see more about this then see for yourself.

One of the best ways to understand how generations work is the same way they work with families in real life. The first generation would be the parents to the second generation. And the second generation would be parents to the third generation, and so on and so forth.

Example
It's kind of like siblings. Pretend you had a younger sister, who is 4 years younger than you. Your sister will go through all the same stages that you did, and she'll get older a year each year, same as you. But your sister will always be 4 years younger.

With EIs though, they stop evolving - unlike people. Meaning, eventually, you'll have access to all the previous phases. So when the older generation stops evolving, the younger generations will continue to evolve until it has all the phases like the older generations do.

Example using Fausto's Bottle
Let's assume that Fausto's Bottle has a total of three phases. In each phase is the set of poses. It is important to keep in mind that will not always stay on the same gen and will move up the numbers until they reach the end.

As the 1st gen evolved, it moved from phase one to phase two to stage three and so on. After the first gen moved to phase two, a 2nd gen came out that was at phase one. The 2nd gen moved on to phase two at the same time as the first gen moved on to phase three; at this point a 3rd gen was released at the first stage. Fausto's Bottle has now evolved three time (three phases). As a result, the next time the Fausto's Bottle evolves, all the poses from all phases are unlocked.

So now the 1st gen Fausto's Bottle has all three phases and is considered fully evolved. But where does that leave the other generations? They just evolve again at the same time (same rate) they would have if the 1st gen had another stage. The third, fourth, fifth etc. gens all do the same thing when they reach this point.

Here is an image showing this concept.

User Image

aramaa

Wizard

aramaa

Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:09 pm
Current EI

This is a list for all EIs that are either still evolving or still in the shop. Any name in bold is still evolving; otherwise, it's fully evolved.

User Image
Paramour's Break

User Image
⇢ Song of Amour (2nd gen)

User Image
⇢ Bunnihilation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:10 pm
EI List

These are the EIs that Gaia has so far. There might be one or two missing - it's a pretty big list, after all. And clicking the icons will take you to the marketplace. If you're looking for one in particular, Ctr F is your friend.
They are ordered, oldest to newest.

User Image
⇢ Fausto's Bottle

User Image
⇢ Tama's Basket

User Image
⇢ Green Corallus Egg

User Image
⇢ Pantheracorax Agate

User Image
⇢ Dandiidoodad Spore

User Image
⇢ Pora Ice

User Image
⇢ Hermes' Moon

User Image
⇢ Orindae

User Image
⇢ Biancamella

User Image
⇢ White Drome Egg

User Image
⇢ The Experiment

User Image
Alruna's Rose

User Image
⇢ Dionaesil

User Image
⇢ Enchanted Book

User Image
⇢ Inari's Bead

User Image
⇢ Furugasa

User Image
⇢ Death Whisper

User Image
⇢ Picolitrosso's Urn

User Image
⇢ Kelp o' th' Lock

User Image
⇢ Yama no tamago

User Image
⇢ Padmavati's Lotus

User Image
⇢ Gro-grain

User Image
⇢ Coocoon

User Image
⇢ Gimpi

User Image
⇢ Dander

User Image
⇢ Holy $#17

User Image
⇢ Fallen Wish

User Image
⇢ Captain Ara's Nestegg

User Image
⇢ Trick or Treat Tote

User Image
⇢ Titan's Legacy

User Image
⇢ Jinxi

User Image
⇢ Changeling Baby Boy

User Image
⇢ Changeling Baby Girl

User Image
⇢ Infernal Spirit

User Image
⇢ Nano-C

User Image
⇢ Copper Twopence

User Image
⇢ Black Drome Egg (recolor of White Drome Egg)

User Image
⇢ Anima Adamantea

User Image
⇢ Wingding

User Image
⇢ Fremere's Guard

User Image
⇢ Diapered Egg

User Image
⇢ Yemaya's Pearl

User Image
⇢ Gogh Reed

User Image
⇢ Mercury's Moon (recolor of Hermes' Moon)

User Image
⇢ Nartian Rock

User Image
⇢ Reve Rouille

User Image
⇢ Kottan Bell

User Image
⇢ Lyndexer's Journal

User Image
⇢ Tomo's Basket (recolor of Tama's Basket)

User Image
⇢ Mesozoic DNA

User Image
⇢ Classilke

User Image
⇢ Masquerade

User Image
⇢ The Nightmare

User Image
⇢ The Case of Pietro

User Image
⇢ Catastrophe!

User Image
⇢ Hidden Ace

User Image
⇢ Seracila

User Image
⇢ Bad Moon

User Image
⇢ Dappy Dandy

User Image
⇢ Noel's Gift

User Image
⇢ Shadowlegend

User Image
⇢ Mizuchi's Jewel

User Image
⇢ Faustine's Bottle (recolor of Fausto's Bottle with extra poses)

User Image
⇢ Compass of Seidh

User Image
⇢ Timmy

User Image
⇢ Imaginary Friend

User Image
⇢ Kottan Bell Reunion

User Image
⇢ Secret Retreat

User Image
⇢ Mana Seed

User Image
⇢ Checkmate

User Image
⇢ Forteanagoria

User Image
⇢ Pistolera's Revenge

User Image
⇢ Lumiere Noire

User Image
⇢ Apprentice Charm

User Image
⇢ Owlpocalypse

User Image
⇢ Anesidora's Woe

User Image
⇢ Deinocti's Oath

User Image
Antique Shop

User Image
⇢ Sugarsuite

User Image
⇢ SOF Taiga

User Image
⇢ Zodiacal

User Image
⇢ Dream Town

User Image
⇢ Galactic Shoulder

User Image
⇢ Vivacenote

User Image
⇢ Mineiro Scroll

User Image
⇢ Little Lucie

User Image
⇢ Watchmaker

User Image
⇢ Mystery of the Stolen Sapphires

User Image
⇢ Le Carousel

User Image
⇢ Master Alchemist

User Image
⇢ Sainte Ciel

User Image
⇢ Sainte Ciel: Agape (SC Agape and SC Eros both come from Sainte Ciel)

User Image
⇢ Sainte Ciel: Eros (SC Agape and SC Eros both come from Sainte Ciel)

User Image
⇢ Sainte Ciel: Storge (recolor of SC Agape/Eros)

User Image
⇢ Custom Cut

User Image
⇢ Prince of the Sea

User Image
⇢ Ravenwood Manor

User Image
⇢ Runcible Spoon

User Image
⇢ Trilune's Covenant

User Image
⇢ Gary's Island Adventure

User Image
⇢ Daughter of Snows

User Image
⇢ Rosamund's Revenge

User Image
⇢ Modus Operandi

User Image
⇢S-Pop Club

User Image
⇢ S-Pop Club: Rayna (SPC Rayna, Odele, and Taja all come from S-Pop Club)

User Image
⇢ S-Pop Club: Odele (SPC Rayna, Odele, and Taja all come from S-Pop Club)

User Image
⇢ S-Pop Club: Taja (SPC Rayna, Odele, and Taja all come from S-Pop Club)

User Image
⇢ Petit Cherie

User Image
⇢ Bunnihilation

User Image
⇢ Keiko's Cake

User Image
⇢ Lady Jayne and the Mummy

User Image
⇢ All-Star Cheer

User Image
⇢ All-Star Cheer: Lovely Devils (ASC Lovely Devils, Sapphire Skulls, and Uni Hornets all come from All-Star Cheer)

User Image
⇢ All-Star Cheer: Sapphire Skulls (ASC Lovely Devils, Sapphire Skulls, and Uni Hornets all come from All-Star Cheer)

User Image
⇢ All-Star Cheer: Uni Hornets (ASC Lovely Devils, Sapphire Skulls, and Uni Hornets)

User Image
⇢ Band of Bremen

User Image
⇢ Antipathy

User Image
⇢ Wisteria

User Image
⇢ Polar Tear

User Image
⇢ Stinger

User Image
⇢ Song of Amour

User Image
Paramour's Break

aramaa

Wizard

aramaa

Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:15 pm
Please post all questions, comments, and concerns here in the thread.

Also, there a a lot of links. So many, that I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them didn't work. If there are any broken links, or broken codes, please let me know by quoting me in a comment here. 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:16 pm
Reserved.  

aramaa

Wizard

aramaa

Wizard

Reserved.  
Reserved.  

aramaa

Wizard

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:50 pm
I just wanna say, thanks very much for this guide! I'll definitely be using this to explore the different EI's that I've missed out on.
I love how elaborate it is!

TinierMe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces