[PRP] Street dancer (Angu & Lys) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:18 am
User Image Long had it been since she'd been amongst others of her kind. Sure she had her sisters and parents growing up, but that wasn't the same as getting to know some one of your kind outside of your family. She'd left the performing troupe, her family behind in search of some stability for her life. Moving from place to place had lost it's appeal and so here she was, in the capitol of the Fae'jinn lands.

One thing was certain, now that she was here, she would need to make a living for herself. She'd been floating along till she reached the center of the city. It was decently populated and from what she could tell.. other than a few musical performers, no one else was here performing for coin. She allowed her smoke tail to dissipate, bare shapely legs peeking out from the front/side slits in the flowing skirt she wore. Her feet were bare say for small bangle and charmed anklets that chimed as she stepped. Here she could dance in hopes of earning coin so that she could live in this busy place.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 am
lysia_nyteblade

User Image "Thank you, Taka," Skon said with a smile as she accepted the cup of steaming fire-blossom tea. The young d'jinn smiled back and nodded.

"You're welcome, Miss Bris. Always a pleasure to have you in here for your twenty-seven minutes of lunch," he said with an amused grin, thin arms crossing over his chest. The earthen d'jinn was smaller than most his kind, but he was young yet, Skon believed he would start filling out before the summer was over.

She chuckled as she sipped the tea, savoring the fiery punch of the delicate tea. "Twenty-seven minutes? Am I that predictable, Taka?"

Taka chuckled as he looked over his shoulder at another customer. "Miss Bris, I could set my sand-counters by your arrival everyday. Pardon me, duty calls." Skon shook her head in amusement as she began flipping through the parchments on her clipboard, sipping at her tea.

It had been a busy day, but then again, it always was when dealing with the other races that visited the capitol of the fae'jinn lands. Skon Bris had known that someday she'd always be a political adviser to the Queen, though she'd be the first to admit the Social & Cultural Adviser was the last thing she'd have thought of. She enjoyed the job, meeting all the fascinating races that move through the city, be it for trade, treaty, or simply to cause trouble.

Still, there were times she wouldn't mind a day off.

Skon looked up as she heard the sounds of flute and drums drift through the cafe. She smiled, recognizing the sound of the street performers, and quickly finished her tea. Leaving her usual tip for Taka, she waved to him before slipping out the door and into the sunlight.

The streets bustled with kats and d'jinns, and she could hear the good-natured arguing as vendors plied their trade and buyers acted insulted at such 'outrageous' prices. The scent of cooking meats and exotic spices danced through the air, caressing the nose and making the tongue salivate in promise. A busy energy infused the area, bringing it alive with the clink of coin and the rustle of fine fabrics.

Ah, yes, this is why she loved her job. The sights, the sounds, the energy that fed the city with new people for her to meet and learn about.

Skon smiled as she slipped through the crowd with ease, making her way towards the music. She had a few minutes still before she needed to check on the party of Vikings that had roared into town the day prior. She only hoped they were more sober this morning than they had been the afternoon before.

She made her way to the musicians just as the music shifted from a light, airy beat to something more dance-worthy. Bris saw the reason immediately as she broke through the crowd, one eye-brow arching up in surprise and curiosity.

A d'jinn the adviser had never seen before was dancing slowly before the performers, the last faint wisps of her smoke trail disappearing on the wind to reveal legs obviously toned from countless hours of dancing.

"Well well, what's this?" Skon asked under her breath, curiosity piqued as she watched the dancer begin her routine.  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 am
As the music followed, so did her body, translating some times the melody and some the beat to tell the story of the song. Her hips moved with a sliding ease, a set of zils on her fingertips. Her hands and arms moving with snake like grace as she worked spinning, shimming all the while she lost herself to the music and dance. Such joy she always found when dancing, for some it was just another job but for her, it was a life time of happiness and the coin was only an added perk.

Skimming by some of the men, she found one carrying a sword and pulled it delicately from where it was bound to his waist. She having stashed the zils aside in a hidden inner pocket of her belt some place before hand. She used the sword as just another prop to her dance, balancing it on her head finally as the tempo sped so too did her movements till she was spinning all the while the blade stayed. Finally the music came to an end and with it her dance. She ended sprawled on the ground, head propped on one hand and the blade resting balanced on her hip. As she stood, she returned the man's blade to him and set out a small collection basket for those who might have deemed the dance worth a contribution.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 am
lysia_nyteblade

Skon stood to the side, her face showing nothing more than mild interest as she watched the d'jinn dance. Though she never played poker, more than a few Palace guards had commented on the exceptional poker face she possessed when dealing with others. Inside though, she found herself being amazed by the dancer's skill and grace, the adviser felt like she was watching the music come alive through the pale d'jinn surrounded by a growing crowd.

There was a murmured gasp as she took the sword, and even the pickpockets working the crowd stopped to watch. The dancer's spin was exceptional, the blade barely moving from it's spot. As the music came to an end, so did the dancer end up on the ground.

There was a second of dead silence before the crowd exploded into applause, the thunderous roar catching Skon off guard and making her jump from the sound. Smoothing her hair down, she watched as the crowd dispersed, a small shower of coins hitting the dancer's collection basket and those of the musicians. The adviser bide her time, waiting to make her move.

As the dancer stood up, Skon made her move. Moving forward on her smoke trail, she picked up the basket before the dancer could react and held it up to her with a smile. "Quite impressive, my lady. May this humble adviser buy an aspiring dancer a meal for such an inspiring performance?"  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 am
As she turned to collect her basket, she found it had already been picked up. She had a moment of utter confusion that spread over her face plainly. Most often no one touched a performer's collection baskets unless they were a particularly bold thief and even then the baskets were often too out in the open to act upon. A small brow arched at the other's boldness till her words sank in.
"A meal? I suppose I could allow that." She gave a small nod, holding her hand out for the basket.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:03 am
Skon chuckled softly as she handed the basket to the d'jinn. "Pardon my forwardness in picking up your basket. Such a performance deserves such small services though." She reached into her coin purse and dropped a few gold pieces into the dancer's basket, then a few coins into the musicians'.

She nodded toward them with a smile before taking the dancer's elbow and guiding her through the crowd towards the cafe she'd exited earlier. "Tsk, where are my manners? My apologies, your performance as obviously addled my wits, else I would have introduced myself by now." She smiled as she stopped and offered her hand. "I am Skon Bris, the Social & Cultural Adviser to The Fae'jinn Queen."  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:09 am
Taking her basket, she picket out the coins, before tying the basket to her hip. Pulling out a small coin purse, she quickly counted her haul as she deposited the coins and tucked the purse into her cleavage without much of a thought as to who might have seen this.

As her elbow was taken, she walked along side the other woman. She often chose walking rather than gliding and floating about with her misty tail that pegged her as an air djinn. Her charms made a chime as she walked, stopping only when the other did to introduce herself. "I'm Yasmeen." She said slowly, taking the other's hand and giving it a firm shake. Her mind how ever wondered why a high ranking official would be treating her to a meal though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:25 am
Skon arched an eyebrow as she watched the dancer tuck the coin purse down her cleavage. Interesting, she thought as they walked down the street, clearly not even a thought as to the movement, second nature for her. She has the look and feel of one who's traveled, possibly quite a bit.

She smiled as she shook the dancer's hand, then resumed their walk. "Yasmeen, a fine name for a fine dancer. You must be new to the city, else I am sure I would have heard of you before now. Few with your level of skill and talent escape my notice."

As they stepped into the cafe, wiry Taka appeared, a look of confusion written across his boyish features. "Ah, Miss Bris, welcome back! I trust everything is okay?"

Skon chuckled and smiled. "Relax, Taka, nothing bad has happened. Tell me, does your father still make the Dancer Special?"

Taka blinked in surprise, then noticed the lithe d'jinn standing next to the adviser. He grinned in understanding and nodded. "Aye, dad still make it, though it ain't as popular as before. Not many dancers around lately since the studio closed."

"'It's not as popular'," she automatically corrected with a smile, "If it's not too much trouble, would you bring one Special and a-"

"Pot of fire-blossom tea?" Taka said with a grin.

Skon laughed and nodded. "Yes, you scoundrel. Now shoo, you have customers waiting."

She shook her head with a smile as she led Yasmeen to her table and sat down, hands clasped as she watched the dancer with a calculating smile.  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:36 am
She gave a small nod as her newness to the city was mentioned. "I am.. I haven't bee here but a day." She smiled nodding her thanks to the compliment paid to her dancing abilities. She'd never been quite the one to brag about herself she just strived to better her performance when there was any fault found to it or she was disappointed in her previous street dance.

As the entered the establishment, she looked around only to find herself a little puzzled by the man's ability to tell just what else the other woman would ask for. "You must come here often.." She made the observation as they went to take their seats, she taking her's up on the opposite side of Skon. "What Exactly is in the Dancer's special?" She queried once they were seated and comfortable.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:58 am
lysia_nyteblade

Skon smiled and nodded. "I figured as much. Pardon my curiosity, but you have the air of one who's traveled, and seen much in her life. Unless I'm mistaken, some of your moves seem like they may have come from other cultures, other races. Ah, thank you, Taka." The young d'jinn smiled as he set a steaming pot of tea on the table and disappeared. Skon poured them both a cup and sipped hers with a small sigh of enjoyment.

"You're right, this cafe is a particularly favorite place of mine. Their fire-blossom tea is particularly strong, so if you're not used to it, I suggest using a cube or two of suger to tone it down a little." She smiled as she sipped her uncut tea. "As for the Dancer Special, there used to be a small dance studio a block from here. Alas, the owner turned out to be a less-than-savory character, and disappeared one night with the studio's funds. I was saddened the day I found it closed, I enjoyed watching them practice on occasion."

She chuckled suddenly and shook her head in amusement. "Ah, but I'm getting off track. The Dancer Special was what the owner of this restaurant created for the students. Delicate cubes of turkey, chicken, and pork marinated, strips of vegetables and peppers, all tossed together and pan-seared with herbs, spices, and a dash of red pepper. Very filling without being a heavy meal, and the herbs, spices, and peppers he uses gives one a bit of pep in their step during practice."

Skon smiled as she poured herself more tea. "It may sound a simple meal, but the flavor is exquisite, worthy of the Queen herself, if I may say so."  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 pm
Yazmeen gave another nod. "My family was what you'd call a traveling performance troupe. So, I've been on the road most of my life learning my trade by my mother." She eyes the pot of tea and as her cup was poured, she took it in both hands, holding it for the warmth a moment before bringing it to her nose to take in it's aroma.

She was about to take a sip when Skon warned her of it's intensity. Lowering her cup, she took two sugar cubes and dropped then into the cup. Better safe than sorry, She thought as she stirred the sugar into the cup. Lifting it once more, she took a sip, savoring the flavor of the tea.

"That sounds like it's a hearty meal, all the better for energy." She smiled, her stomach just now starting to give that slight prodding to her consciousness that said it was meal time. "Simple meals are some times the best. Never knock what looks to be a simple meal. She spoke with a small light chuckle, pondering the meaning of the queen being brought into conversation. She knew the jinn were ruled over by a queen now, word traveling to reach her ears about it when she was far from here. "I look forward to trying it." She added a small smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:56 am
Skon nodded as she listened to Yasmeen. "I haven't seen the traveling troupes in the Capitol in quite some time, but I remember seeing them in my village quite often. It was always quite the treat for us when we were children." For a split second, there was a break in Skon's demeanor, the smile of a little girl creeping across her face as she remembered. "The singing, the dancing. There was one troupe that had a faegoat who would dress up like a woman. He billed himself the 'Manliest Woman Alive!' and would march around the village striking silly poses."

She shook her head and sipped her tea, and the little girl within disappeared as Skon brought herself back to the present with an embarrassed smile. "Pardon me, I'm usually not so unprofessional." The adviser smiled as Taka reappeared carrying a silver platter with skewers of grilled meats and vegetables. The young d'jinn smiled and nodded before slipping away.

Skon fell silent as they fell into eating. After all, it was rather impolite to discuss potential business with a mouth full of food.  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:17 am
Before picking up a skewer, she gave a friendly smile. "No need to apologize, friendliness and business can often go hand in hand. One attacks more bees with honey than vinegar after all." with that, she fell silent, taking a skewer and eating slowly, careful to chew each bite decently before swallowing and taking the next. After all gulping your food down wasn't a very good impression to make. One might think she was starves if she ate like a ravenous beast.

Picking up a napkin, she cleaned off her fingers, setting her now finished skewer aside. It wasn't often that she chose to eat in a cafe or restaurant, but that didn't mean she was lacking in manners. Through her travels, she'd seen all sorts of things that could be considered bad form and taboo when enjoying a meal, a hiccup in the wrong place, a lack of covering one's mouth when they had a small burp.. She'd learned much, and for now she would play things safe till she accustomed herself to the taboo things of the djinn capital.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:33 am
Skon smiled as she watched the dancer eat. She herself ate in a quick, efficient manner that left a handful of skewers piled neatly on the platter. After asking Taka to remove the empty platter and replace the tea, she settled back in her seat, pleasantly full. It'd been a while since she'd had the special, and was pleased to see it was every bit as good as she remembered.

"Ah, Taka's father does make a fabulous meal. I'd tried to talk him into working in the Queen's kitchen, but alas, I fear his curmudgeonly attitude would have gotten him cross-ways with the rest of her cooks." She chuckled while sipping her tea. "And he very bluntly stated that he would rather share his cooking with the common folk of the Capitol than a bunch of spoiled royals. He certainly has a 'unique' view on diplomacy." Her eyes twinkled in amusement as she leaned forward.

"Anyways, enough about that. If I may be so forward, Yasmeen, may I ask what your plans are, now that you're here in the Capitol?"  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 am
She gave a small chuckle as she heard Skon's tale of the cook. "I'm sure there's benefits for him to sharing such splendid cooking to the commoners.. Think of how many his food makes happy." She sipped at her tea now that it had cooled some.

Arching a brow, she thought on Skon's next question a little. "I don't' really know.. Didn't really give it much thought." She stifled a small chuckle. "I suppose I'll dance for the people and see what haul I can get from them. Other than that.. I never really thought this trip through to the extent. I figured I'd get here first then think on it."  
◕ Roleplay: Faetasia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff