The opportunities and experiences!
  Gold!
  Other! [ Specify in your post? ]
View Results

possom4444

Pal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:54 am
Hi ladies~

I'm sure most of you, if not all of you, are aware that today, the 18th of Feburary 2013, is the tenth anniversary of GaiaOnline~ !

Personally, I have had many great experiences and have met many incredible people here on Gaia.

So tell me, in honour of this great milestone, what has been some of your favourite moments on Gaia?
What do you love about this little corner of the internet?

AND HERE'S TO MANY MORE YEARS TO COME !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:17 am
User Image User Image

Yeah, couldn't possibly believe that Gaia's 10 years already ^^ Even if I'm only 3 years old here, I'm still proud to have belonged to the first 10 years of Gaia.

My favorite moments here? Let's see... I remember joining a charity thread before, the Candyshop Charity, but then, the owner suddenly stopped coming online and so the thread died down. Then, when I started my own bump shop, which I wasn't able to keep up sweatdrop It was tiring, but it was fun. Then, there's joining this guild, which the loveliest experience I've ever had here in Gaia~!

Yeah, here's to more years to Gaia!!

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

possom4444

Pal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:39 am
Louisa Iris

I completely agree!
I've been on Gaia for five years, on and off during the middle bit of that time period.
Gaia has always been like that little second home to me, because although all my "irl" friends used to use Gaia, they have all dwindled away, leaving just lil' old me. I have always relied heavily on my friends because I can be an incredibly socially awkward person sometimes and they all make me feel much more steady and comfortable.
But once they left Gaia I kind of branched out more and became more comfortable with who I am; I became, at least, that little bit more independant.

I have similar stories to that x3
I used to be the Vice Captain of a Pokemon guild, but that died down after a while, much to my sadness.
But it was just so exciting working hard on something and seeing results, making people in that guild happy and steadily climbing from member to crew to vice. It was fun ^^
And in one of the old Neko Universities I had my own roleplaying thread that went for over 100 pages. That was epic fun <3

And then there's IAGT... a guild full of wonderful girls to share everything and anything you want with.
Gosh, I love Gaia emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:44 am
User Image

Ten years... It's crazy! I've been here on and off
on different accounts since 'o6! Man, times flies.

Best thing about Gaia is all the nice people I've met.
All the happy times we've shared and crazy things
we've talked about. And also the RP's I've joined.
They're not many, but I've sure had a great time and
been able to develop my writing skills and my English.

And then - of course - there is this fantastic guild
with all you lovely ladies! <3

To sum up all my feels for Gaia Online - I love it! <3

User Image

mahou prince

Sweetheart

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:56 am
The thing that has kept me coming back to Gaia everyday are the friends I have made here.
Some of the most amazing people live across the world, but here we can chat as if we're best friends.
The items and avatars are just a bonus 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:05 am
Well, I was here for half of that time. Since I was a real youngin'. I miss the days where all I would do was role play and fish and nothing else. I had so many friends here, and now I don't even know what to do with myself, because most of them have left, and Gaia is rapidly changing, has been ever since I left for a while too. But I like it here. Love it actually. I love all you people. The expression is what keeps me here. And the colors. :3

HAPPY TENTH GAIA! Double Digits ftw

Lavender x Massacre

Quotable Smoker

7,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100

Fillis

Learned Bunny

17,200 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 am
only been here roughly around three years and I have fun along the way. Dressing up my avatar or chatting with other neighbors. I have truely enjoyed my experince here! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:30 am
My most cherished moments on GAIA have come through the other people. I have gotten to know some extraordinary ones ~ from other countries, with whom I exchange missives with on our lives, cultures and son much more ; in the military,to whom I listen about daily challenges, experiences, and future goals; zOMG friends, who are patient when we crew and I lag behind due to my eye issues; and, of course, It's a Girl Guild where I find many enjoyable activities, love to donate to help,and ( I must admit) sometimes just troll topics enjoying what I read.
Haven't been here long, but GAIA has been a great site for me ~ to play, to chat, and make uniqye and wonderful friends.  

Ginger Spice Isle

Obsessive Player

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:37 am
I'm surprised its ten years..
I am usually on and off on this site...
Though the only thing I have experienced is just meeting people, even though this site has a lot of negative things.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 am
User Image
ηyα~ Shε is tαℓkiηg tσ yσu!
═════════════════════εз═════════════════════

Yay for the ten years of wondrous joy and excitement! She has been along with Gaia for the whole ride and it has been amazing to see how much it the site has grown within this past decade. For her it was the experiences and opportunities made here that gave just grand memories. Fun fact: It is because of Gaia that she found the perfect soul mate for her and still going strong to this day! <3

═════════════════════εз═════════════════════
Okαy, ησw yσu cαη tαℓk.

Ewui

Smitten Mage

44,775 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • New Fan 50
  • Team Moira 200

Buusutaa

Demonic Waffles

12,975 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 am
Wow for 10 years well it been a pleasure being on GaiaOnline for these 8 years I've been on which was so much fun. I remember when I first got on I had a noob crush on this one guy just cause we both had the same wulf tail lol DX and around that time I meet my first friend who help try to get him but didn't work lol -facepalm- God was such a noob and young then but I wasn't really a noob though I was excited to be on here. GaiaOnline was so addicting even if I didn't yet until a couple of months later I join my first walk in rp which was a lot a fun.

I meet my second friend like that and she was fun to be around with the Roleplay lasted for a long time for just a the 3 to 5 of us, yea there was some spammers and nooblets too but most of it was fun. Though my Roleplaying skills was bad back then Q_Q lol I was just lazy to make paragraphs and I used * this for action..Oh Hades just thinking about it makes me laugh so hard. Oh and a met so many wonderful and painful people in this fun years.

Cheers on Gaia for living since 2003 X3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:18 pm
Been here since 08! Which means, I was on when I was 7!

Well, I like meeting new people, the items they create are fun to TekTek with...

I just wish that richer people didn't act so snobby.  

telekon

Vampire

10,100 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Hotau

Sweet Lunatic

14,825 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Been on here since 2009 and the best thing about gaia for me is that i met my best friend on here last month on 1/6  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:40 pm
Oh gosh. I'm still such a baby compared to most of these other Gaians. In January, I turned 1 as far as my Gaia birthday goes. But even so, I am so happy & honored that I could be here for the celebration of the birthday of the best site I've ever found.

Happy birthday, Gaia! May you have many, many more! heart

malalaliyah

Sweetest Doll

22,500 Points
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200

cheyenneOKAY

Liberal Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 pm
Well i love gaia because i can be free , I've been through 6 deaths in the past 3 years. everyone helped me. My mother almost died , and people on here helped me cheer up , even on my darkest days , Nobody knows how it feels to be a part of gaia they all say " well it's just a virtual world " or "Your wasting your time "
First of all it's not a virtual world to me , it's a family , a friend , a loved one . Two i do not waste my time i meet friends from around the world talk to them brighten their days while they brighten mine . You can say i love gaia , and i probably could not live with out it . and if i do , i would be in a sad state .

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff