Submit

JunkMailz

Hilarious Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 am
Hello, ladies.
I don't really have many female friends
so I thought I'd turn to you guys because I really need a girls opinion :3
Anyway, I'm in a long distance relationship. I am 17 and in PA
He is 20 and in LA. We met here on Gaia about 9 months ago.
I love him soo much. And I'm starting to worry (again)
We plan on meeting next year but its really difficult not having that physical touch and affection. I've been wondering what else is out there lately. Like it kills me not knowing if I'm wasting my time. I don't know how far this will go.I haven't dated much in my life at all. I'll be attending college in a little while. And..I'm not sure what I'm doing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 am
When it comes to dating, I don't believe anyone knows for sure if their relationship will last or if they're "wasting" their time. No one knows the future, my relationship could end next week and I would have no idea, so I wouldn't worry about that. Also I wouldn't necessarily say you're wasting your time anyhow, as any kind of relationship is experience for you, and it helps you learn and grow. 3nodding

But anyhow, if you're thinking about what else might be out there, may I ask if there is any big reason why you think it might not actually work out? I have a feeling it's probably somewhat because it's long distance, but is there any part of this guy that you just don't think fits you? College is a very big step, and is going to be different for a variety of reasons. You're going to be around a lot of people, and you'll probably personally meet a good portion as well. Are you worried that you'll meet a guy that you like better, or just like in general and prefer the idea of being physically close to them over your current long distance relationship?

In any case, if you were to meet someone, there is nothing wrong in "jumping ship". No matter how much you love someone, if the relationship just isn't the right fit for you, you might end up unhappy. If long distance is tough, and getting tougher knowing you can't have that physical touch and affection, there is no harm in leaving. It can be tough leaving someone for any reason, especially if you still love them, but you can leave no matter what the reason is, it's all up to you. You don't have to stay with someone just because you love them, I assure you. But, if you don't want to leave him, that's not wrong either. You just have to do what is good for you, and what makes you happy. If you think you can stick it out despite the physical department lacking, then you can continue to do so, obviously.

You just have to be happy. 3nodding And happy with your decisions. If you're happy and everything is going well, and you can wait to meet this guy just fine, then I'm sure you'll be fine.
But if you think anything is lacking and that you may not be able to handle it, there is no harm and leaving, just remember that~

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,600 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

JunkMailz

Hilarious Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:04 pm
Yokies

eek
This may be the most helpful response that I've gotten.
You're obviously right. It is up to me and no one else.
And I know I really have to think this through before making a decision.
I do sincerely thank you for this well written response.
And it's not that I don't think it'll work out. It's just that I'm getting frustrated not having physical touch. And he is just very jealous. He doesn't approve any of my guy friends which is something we argue about often.
Anyway, Thank you. Thank you. And thank you. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:15 pm
JunkMailz

You're welcome~ I'm glad I could be of some help!

I can understand that hurting a lot, the physical aspect of a relationship is important to me as well, plus jealousy never makes anything easier.
May I ask, is there a reason why he doesn't approve of your guy friends? Do they do things he doesn't like, or does he not like them simply because they're male?
Jealousy is never fun, especially when it comes to good friends of yours, I'm sorry to hear it's something you argue about often. D=
Are you worried that this might be something you don't think you can live with? Him disapproving of your guy friends?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just thought I'd give you a chance to talk about anything if you want to, but you don't have to. ; w;

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,600 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

JunkMailz

Hilarious Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:24 pm
Yokies

Haha, it's alright. Thanks for the opportunity. x3
Well, I do have quite a few guy friends. So when I tell him I'm going somewhere I just make sure to tell him its a female friend to avoid an unnecessary argument. I make sure that ALL of my guy friends understand that I do have a bf so I'm off the market. I tell my bf that. But he's just uncomfortable with my friends being mostly male. And I mean a little bit of jealousy is fine (to me, it shows you care) but if he is still really really jealous and makes him crazy, I don' think I can be with him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 pm
JunkMailz

I see. Well, I can understand the jealousy being a big deciding factor.
Though I think telling him you're with female friends might backfire one day, if he were to find out you lied.
I can imagine an even bigger argument happening as a result and that would definitely be a pretty bad mess!

It's just not good that he's that jealous, to not approve of you even hanging out with them, even after you've made it clear to them that you're taken. I don't like the saying "it's not you, it's them", which is what it sounds like to me. Most of the time it's another way of saying that he doesn't trust you, or doesn't think you can resist someone making a move on you, and that's not really fair. You shouldn't have to lie about who you hang out with just so you don't have an argument. :c

Though if you've come to the choice of leaving if the jealousy gets to be too much, then that's good.
You realize what is too much for you and you're willing to leave if it gets to that point.

It just sucks hearing that you have to lie about something like that, just so there are no arguments. D=
A little jealousy is normal, but that's just sad to me! crying

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,600 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

JunkMailz

Hilarious Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:53 pm
Yokies

Oh jeez. Yeah, you're right about that. Maybe tonight I should just really talk to him about the whole jealousy thing, without it turning into an argument. *sigh* Wish me luck. sweatdrop But thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:03 pm
JunkMailz

I wish you luck! I would dread trying to bring it up as well. But look at it this way, relationships are also about communication. If you can't talk to him, then that kind of tells you something on it's own. It's also about compromise. He has to be willing to listen and think of something that works for you both. You having to lie about and hide your guy friends isn't compromise. He has to learn to live with the fact that you have them and want to hang out with them, you know? He has to be able to trust you enough to realize having guy friends is nothing to worry about. These guys don't matter in the dating department, as they're just friends and you made it clear that they're staying that way.

I truly hope he's willing to listen to what you have to say, and doesn't cause a huge stink over it. D=
But it sounds like you really need to talk about this stuff, because I think the jealousy will just end up making you really unhappy in the end.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,600 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:29 pm
ahaha, awk, das my story; however he lives in Virginia, and i'm in california. LOL we have been together for almost a year now c: i'm seventeen, but he's sixteen xD a year and seven days younger, lolololol

i know it's hard, but you guys can get through it. seriously. my advice is just be open with him: with thoughts, feelings, etc. idk, that's how my boyfriend and i are, and it's worked out fine for us.

like, lacking the physical attention is difficult to carry; however, you have to remember that the other person is feeling that too. so, it's better to talk it out. yeah, that's it. it's not only you, so think about the other too. distance doesn't really matter as long as you trust and believe in the other person c:  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:13 pm
Happiness is what's important here. If you are happy in your relationship, continue as long as its not harmful to you or him.

I found that after being in several long distance and close by relationships, I preferred starting as a long distance and then meeting later. It makes the relationship last longer as well as feel like there's a better connection rather than just the physical affection being the key to the relationship. You have to communicate in long distance relationships.  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items