Submit

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:31 pm
He had always been the bad boy. Kicked out of school after school, getting into fight after fight. As he got older, it only seemed to get worse. Then the day came that we was attacked by a mysterious being. He didn't see her, didn't have a chance. Now strange things are happening to him. He keeps having visions of hunting. He has a terrible thirst that nothing seems to quench. He met her. A girl he can't seem to shake. He keeps trying to convince her that he is no good, a monster. But she loves him.
Will he kill her once the beast inside of him gets stronger? Can she make him believe that she loves him for him? Will he fall in love with her?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:44 pm
.R.U.L.E.S.

x. I don't care what kind of creature he is turning into. Make it something interesting :3
x. PM the profile 'GO AWAY'
x. Please be literate.
x. If you are going to be the man, then try to be domineering, aggressive. Other than that, its up to you.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:11 pm
.S.k.e.l.e.t.o.n.&.&.P.r.o.f.i.l.e.s.

[align=right][size=9][imgleft]DIRECTLINK[/imgleft]
CharacterName
[color=COLOR][here][/color]
CharacterAge
[color=COLOR][here][/color]
CharacterBiography
[color=COLOR][here-include personality and anything extra][/color]
GaiaName
[color=COLOR][here][/color][/size][/align]

User Image
CharacterName
[Fawn White]
CharacterAge
[Twenty]
CharacterBiography
[She was always the good girl. Got good grades, never missed her curfew. After high school, she went on to college and started working part-time at the library. That was where she first saw him. The man with the lonely eyes. As the weeks past, she noticed something odd happening to him, but she didn't know what. She vowed to him that she would stick by him through anything.
Fawn is a sweetheart, kind, generous, almost to trustful. She is slow to anger, though she holds grudges for along while. Fawn is a bit of a nerd, loving to read and game.]

GaiaName
[MommiiDearest]

User Image
CharacterName
[Darren Blackwood]
CharacterAge
[Twenty-four]
CharacterBiography
[Darren has never kept anything good in his life; anything nice he gets his hands on inevitably breaks. Good school? He gets into a fight and gets kicked out. Good friends? They get targeted and turn into collateral damage in the black tragicomedy of his life. Good family…well, he doesn’t even want to bring that up anymore. And now…now, he’s dying. Whatever attacked him, hell, it must have been rabid or something, and whatever it passed on to him is killing him by degrees. This girl who keeps following him around, she won’t listen. She seems like a good kid. A nice woman. He breaks nice things, and he’s not about to give himself the chance to break yet another one.

Darren is introverted, unsociable and distant towards others; since the sickness started to take hold of him, he’s begun edging towards misanthropy. Strangely, this runs side-by-side with a streak of generosity, protectiveness and patience that he hides under a sharp tongue and uninterested expression—he’s better with animals and children than adults, or at least he used to be. His anger runs cold rather than hot, preferring a cutting remark to shouting, but he’s not above getting physical if a fight leads to that.]

GaiaName
[SilentShadowDreamer]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:12 pm
[reserved]  

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:49 pm
~~Accepting~~

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:35 pm
[bump]  

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:55 pm
[kick]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:27 pm
Fawn plucked a hardback book off the silver cart beside her and scanned the title.
Turning to the shelf, she slipped it into the correct spot and then dusted her hands off, "There, all finished."
With the cart now empty and the library ready to close, Fawn wheeled the cart to the store room and smiled.
"Five more minutes!"
Standing now behind her desk, she called out the final warning to those left in the building.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:21 pm
He told himself for the seventh time that it was time to leave the coffee shop. He’d memorized the times that the library opened and closed specifically so that he could avoid her, and it was getting dangerously close to the time that the old building down the way would spill its last few patrons and its part-time librarian out into the streets.

It was, Darren repeated again in his head, time to go.

But the pressure inside his head wouldn’t let up, and he wasn’t entirely sure he could rise when what felt like an anvil was pressing him down. Shoving a hand roughly through his messy dark hair and barely noticing how his fingers got caught in it, he gave himself a single, simple instruction.

Stand up.

It took nearly five minutes for his legs to obey him, just another way his entire body seemed to be betraying him in pieces, but eventually the joints locked and slowly carried him to his feet. Good.

He walked slowly, almost robotically, towards the front door, intent on getting out of the building and safely away from anywhere where the little librarian girl might see him. Where that might be, he didn’t know; his apartment was too far to get to in his current state, but he was as comfortable in alleyways as behind the creaking doors and flimsy locks of his living place.

After all, his mind whispered, anyone who broke in would find that there was nothing there to take…and that the real danger was inside the apartment.

Having made it out to the sidewalk, he took a moment to lean against one of the light-posts and try to focus himself. He hadn’t slept well; dreams of blood and death and murder kept crowding into his thoughts, even now. What kind of man was he, he asked himself, that he could picture these things in such vivid detail, and that they made him feel better? Even when he’d been a violent kid with a hair-trigger temper, dreaming of death had never made him happier or calmed him down. This was not like him, not like he’d ever been.

He chuckled aloud, mirthlessly. And the librarian thought he wasn’t serious when he told her he was a monster.

Turning away as his body remembered how to obey his mind, he began to walk away, heading for his apartment at possibly a slightly quicker pace than was really necessary. He’d wasted too much time there; he had to get out of here now.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:42 pm
She checked out the last patron and closed out the computer.
After straightening her desk, Fawn clapped her hands and smiled brightly.
"Time to go!"
The watch on her wrist read 5:32pm and that meant she could lock the door and go home.
That was what the female had planned on doing as she took the key from the lock, turned to walk down the sidewalk, and slipped the key into her pocket.
But her blue eyes caught a familiar figure leaning against a light pole.
Her pulse quickened and she jogged down the sidewalk after him.
"Hey, Darren!"
Fawn called out, waving her hand in the air.
"Hey! Wait up!"

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:16 pm
He’d almost thought that maybe he’d escaped her, at least this time, and he was just about to let out a breath of relief when—

“Hey Darren!”

Oh, hell. Oh, damn it.

“Hey! Wait up!”

The woman just would. Not. Listen. He’d told her, repeatedly, that she needed to stay away from him, that he was not safe to be around, and she thought he was exaggerating? Thought he was joking? He didn’t joke about things like that—as she would know if she actually knew anything about him. This was the problem with those silly romance novels that so many girls he’d known liked—they thought that ‘stay away from me’ was code for ‘soulmate.’

If he had been the person he’d been once upon a time, he would only be worrying now about breaking her heart. Honestly, he wouldn’t have even worried about that; he’d have taken what he felt like getting from the girl and then he would have been on his way. But now…things were different now. She needed to stay away from him, people needed to stay away from him, and as foolish as he felt in making decisions for someone else that, under other circumstances, wouldn’t be his business, he knew in this case he was right.

So he didn’t pause, didn’t slow down, gave no indication that he’d heard her. (Unfortunately, that meant he couldn’t speed up, either.) Was ignoring her childish? Certainly. Was it pathetic? Probably. Was it necessary? Definitely.

He didn’t look back, because if he saw her trying to catch up with him, guilt if nothing else would make him slow down. Once again, he found himself going over speeches in his mind, trying to figure out what combination of words would do best to make her understand that it wasn’t about her, that it wasn’t that she wasn’t a nice woman, but he did not want to be around her. Period.

(He’d save the “I don’t want to be around anyone” for another time or place.)

He had longer legs and a longer stride than she did—hopefully she’d fail to catch up, even if she didn’t get the message.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:34 pm
[HA. 'stay away from me' was code for 'soulmate'. That made me laugh big time. Kind of want to put that in my sig.]

"Daaaaaarreeeenn!!"
Fawn huffed and stopped, jerking her hands onto her hips.
"Sonofabitch, I know you're ignoring me."
But she didn't say that loud enough for him to hear.
Biting her lip she felt the sudden urge to cry, though she stamped that down fast.
Fawn blew out her breath, locks of her hair flying up in the gust, and looked up at the still bright sky.
It was a nice summer evening and she refused to waste it chasing her crush.
"Fine! But I'll see you tomorrow!"
The female shouted after his disappearing form.
Turning her head she looked around and tried to figure out what she had done to make Darren hate her.
"Was it something I said?"
She wondered aloud.
Beginning to walk again, Fawn kept her head ducked as she made her way towards the Thai restaurant two blocks down.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:54 pm
((8D I’m glad. Feel free, if you want to.))

“Fine! But I’ll see you tomorrow!”

Not if he had anything to say about it, she wouldn’t. Next time he ended up near the library (and how did that keep happening?) he was going to make sure he didn’t get caught.

He’d mostly stopped going to the library itself shortly after he’d noticed how Faw—the librarian’s behaviour towards him was changing, and had begun avoiding it desperately ever since she’d confessed her feelings. It was a shame, because he liked the quiet and cool of the library, how there were never voices raised above muffled whispers; the quiet dimness suited his distant temperament and the strange sensitivity-change that his hearing and sight seemed to be going through. But he couldn’t afford to go where he was almost guaranteed to meet her, and it wasn’t as though he knew her schedule.

Darren didn’t allow himself to breathe a sigh of relief until he stopped hearing footsteps and was sure that she’d stopped following him. Since his hearing had gotten so much better as of late, that took quite a while; the same two blocks that it took to get him to his run-down apartment building, in fact. As he walked up to the building door, he heard a quiet miaow and turned to look.

An ugly, battle-scarred old tabby cat was sitting by the garbage can, studying him with mismatched eyes. Darren made a sound almost like a disbelieving laugh—ever since he’d gotten…sick, animals had been avoiding him like he carried the plague, and now here was this ugly skinny thing looking at him like he was going to personally deliver it dinner. “Get out of here, kitty,” he told it. “One of your friends has been ripping apart the trash bags, and the landlord’s sworn to put out cat traps.”

The cat blinked its mismatched eyes at him and trundled up the sidewalk towards him, rubbing its head against his leg. “Quit that. You probably have fleas.”

But he liked animals, and it had been months since one had last approached him. Crouching, he scratched behind one of its ears. It meowed again, almost pleadingly, and he sighed, knowing that the cat knew a sucker when it saw one. “Fine. Just for tonight, though—after that I’m taking you to a shelter. Come on.”

This was a stupid plan. So stupid. He’d have to go to the convenience store down the street to see if they had any cat food—he was pretty sure the one beside that Thai restaurant had pet food, but…well, hell, he was just buying enough for the night.

He picked up the cat and carefully hid it under his jacket—technically the apartment allowed pets, but he didn’t think a skinny, probably diseased alley cat counted—before unlocking the building door and heading inside.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:17 pm
[Uh Oh. I hope we don't type ourselves into a block =[[ ]

Fawn made sure to keep a distance behind the male as she walked, the last thing she wanted now was for Darren to think that she was stalking him.
It didn't take long for her to pass him knelt there with the cat, and when she did she passed as quickly as she could.
A few more sidewalk squares and Fawn ducked into the Thai restaurant and almost ran into the line that awaited inside the door.
"The wait is twenty minutes, miss."
A short haired hostess said, appearing at her elbow.
"Well frick."
Fawn grumbled, turning and walking right back out the door.
The five foot four female ran her hand over her face, her thoughts running rampant.
She couldn't help but think about what she had said to Darren only days ago, only a short time after meeting him.
I know you don't feel worthy of love. You keep telling me that you are a terrible person, but people change. I can look past it even if you don't. You don't treat me badly. I think I love you.
Fawn felt her cheeks heating at the memory.
Embarrassment.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:38 pm
((Oh, I think I can prevent that. And when tonight runs out of drama, we can always timeskip.))

He’d barely had time to toss his jacket on the floor before the skinny cat was rubbing against his pant leg again, meowing insistently. “All right, all right. Demanding little thing, aren’t you?” He gave the cat another brief pat—he didn’t know what it was looking for, aside of course from food, but he was about to go get that. “Don’t make a mess in here. I’ll be right back.”

Closing his door as quietly as he was able, he went down the stairs, shaking his head at his own folly in taking the cat inside. He didn’t want to be around anything living, and that included skinny alley cats with mismatched eyes and insistent meows. (It also included pretty librarians with multicoloured hair and an unfortunate level of honesty. At least he told himself these things.)

Shoving his wallet into the back pocket of his jeans, he walked down the stairwell with the same unhurried grace as usual; no one who looked at him would know that he was even more on edge than he had been when he’d gotten up that morning.

He shouldn’t have brought the cat inside. He shouldn’t keep it overnight. He’d never done anyone any damage in the night, because no one had ever been there, and now…

Shoving his hand into his pocket and grasping the keys so tightly he almost cut his hand on them, he walked briskly past the restaurant—and nearly into someone. (With very familiar multicoloured hair.) Starting backwards, he muttered hastily, “Sorry,” before ducking into the convenience store with more speed than dignity.

Even though he went straight to the back of the store to see about cat food, he couldn’t shake the thought that he shouldn’t even keep the animal with him overnight. It was just a night. It was just a damn cat. But…

Glancing over his shoulder, he wondered if the librarian was at all fond of cats.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff