A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions
Homophobia?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you okay with gays, lesbians, transsexuals, ect.?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

reshi xx

Tipsy Capitalist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:27 pm
I'm just curious. I'm a strong supporter of gay rights. I have a gay brother, a gay friend, and a lesbian friend, and I think they should all be able to love who they please.

Sorry if I offend anyone.

Being gay has nothing to do with choices. You do not decide your sexuality, it is encoded into your genes. It has to do with a hormone disbalance, I believe, though I'm not quite sure, so don't quote me on it.

Please don't be hateful of anyone, remember, this is a non-hate place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:40 pm
reshi xx
I'm just curious. I'm a strong supporter of gay rights. I have a gay brother, a gay friend, and a lesbian friend, and I think they should all be able to love who they please.

Being gay has nothing to do with choices. You do not decide your sexuality, it is encoded into your genes. It has to do with a hormone disbalance, I believe, though I'm not quite sure, so don't quote me on it.

I don't have a problem at all !
They aren't doing something wrong. No harm.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:58 pm
The gay community appreciates your support. ^_^ You get huggles. *hugs* cat_blaugh

GAY PRIDE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:17 pm
Honestly? I dislike that word. The way it's been used makes it sound so tainted. Besides, phobia means fear. It's not always about being afraid.

I'm alright with it. And I'm alright with people against it. Tolerance goes both ways. Both supporters and haters have tendencies of getting on my nerves with how preachy they can be. So long as the person disagreeing with your opinion isn't trying to change it, power to everyone. That's what I say on the subject.

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Hotau

Sweet Lunatic

14,825 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:44 pm
I have nothing against homosexual people even though I'm perfectly straight. My best friends on here are gay. I hate it when people talk bad about homosexuality when their logic and reasoning makes no sense. Sure I respect opinions, but if you're going to say something then make sense. What sucks is that my dad hates homosexuals =A=  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:52 pm
I'm one of those people that thinks that this has gone waaaay out of control and has become nothing but knee-jerk reactions that are overdone and needs to die out. Or calm down. Just like the cry for stricter gun laws after Sandy Hook cat_stare  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Fauho

Blessed Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:38 pm
reshi xx

It is really nice to know every time someone cares. Thank you ♥

Kitalpha Hart

By 'this' you mean homophobia? If so, I agree.
Thankfully it's been diminishing with the years, same as male chauvinism.
There is still a long way to go, though...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:47 pm
Kuja Youko
reshi xx

It is really nice to know every time someone cares. Thank you ♥

Kitalpha Hart

By 'this' you mean homophobia? If so, I agree.
Thankfully it's been diminishing with the years, same as male chauvinism.
There is still a long way to go, though...
yes, and the hubbub about it in general. I'm one of those people that goes "yeah, and?" when someone announces that they bisexual or homosexual. I don't see how that makes a person any different  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Fauho

Blessed Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:15 pm
Kitalpha Hart
yes, and the hubbub about it in general. I'm one of those people that goes "yeah, and?" when someone announces that they bisexual or homosexual. I don't see how that makes a person any different

Hahahahaha, I think that's a good attitude. We are all human at the end.
But, I won't deny I do get excited if a girl I like happens to tell me she is homosexual or bisexual XD heh ♥  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:44 pm
I just want us all to have our rights protected. All consenting adults should be allowed to marry and adopt children, save for convicted sex offenders and murderers.  

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:12 pm
Kuja Youko
Kitalpha Hart

Hahahahaha, I think that's a good attitude. We are all human at the end.
But, I won't deny I do get excited if a girl I like happens to tell me she is homosexual or bisexual XD heh ♥
got it from my dad  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 am
So I voted no for the poll.
But it's not like I have anything against them, it's just through my own experience that I have this rejecting feeling towards them. Or maybe it's more towards myself.
So in a way yes and no?

EarlsGarden

Newbie Hunter

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:28 pm
reshi xx

I support them.
I wanted to point out that the people who said it's a choice or whatever you could given them facts and they would ignore it.

The word homophobia gets misused a lot, because their are some people who are afraid of this, it is a real fear. It gets used for people who hate though.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:29 pm
no, I'm not homophobic or against sexuality rights
i won't touch on marriage as a legal institution
but i won't tolerate harassment in the work place (or in class if the instructor won't address it)
or intolerance. the only intolerance i tolerate on our team is intolerance towards intolerance (in a professional and tolerant manner)
so there ya go

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100